Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 09:16 AM
tyancey00
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE=cvm;1582097190]
Originally Posted by lrc89
Love my 82CE. Not quite standard with the chop but I always wanted an 82 Roadster.

Don't worry about the purists - drive it, share your passion and enjoy the ride.

Sweeeeeeet!
this is just outstanding! I woul soooo love to hack the roof off of my 1980
who did the work and was it crazy expensive?
Old 10-18-2012, 03:24 PM
lrc89
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=tyancey00;1582106676]
Originally Posted by cvm

this is just outstanding! I woul soooo love to hack the roof off of my 1980
who did the work and was it crazy expensive?
Sorry to say that I don't know who did the chop. I purchased this Vette from an architect in San Fransisco who was selling cars from his collection.

I was absolutely wrapped because I was looking specifically for an 82 roadster and always loved the collectors, so it is a best of both worlds for me.

Glad you enjoyed the photos.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:36 PM
GDE8270
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had my 82 since '99. Silver Blue Metallic. I have a garage full of trophies. The lady's love it. My wife does too! It is a little short on HP but it has all the options. I also have a 70 BB coupe with no options, just HP. That is one of the great things about Corvettes, you can always find one to fit your taste. Enjoy!
Old 10-18-2012, 11:39 PM
alconk
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The reason why the 82s get the bad rap is they don't know how to work on the CFI or they have heard negative things then it's passed on. I will tell you when I bought my 82 this past Jan. it ran like crap. I'm the kind of guy who has to have everything working perfectly or it will drive me nuts so with no knowledge of the CFI I started to inhale as much info as I could and alot of it came from here (thank you everyone). My car is a one owner and he told me it started to run bad and no one could figure it out. Well a huge item with the CFI is vacuum leaks. I found several dry rotted hoses and after everyone was replaced whether it needed it or not it was running much better. Another item, the upper intake gasket and bolts. Just about every one was loose.

Anyway the car has been sorted out and love it, it's all about maintenance. And yes everytime I drive it I get compliments as you will too. In fact I work at a large University and when I drive it to work the kids act as they have never seen one. It's funny. So anyway congrats on your 82 and if you have questions this is the place to be.

Quick Reply: 82 Vette trash talk