Sponsored by:

your not forgoten

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 10:43 AM
tomgallucci57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default your not forgoten

to all how have helped me with my wiper motors terminal, i want to say thank you very much.as is im still awaiting willcoxs reply to,,, my 68 service manual shows a terminalboard with a cylindrical type spring,possibly a resister, intergrated into the bottom end of it. do all 68 s have the same ter. board. because a forum friend has two wires coming out of his wiper motor at the plastic gromet on the side of the motor, while my wip. motor has three wires, possibly making the terminal board a different version. so is there a difference between early and later 68 wiper motors....... again i just wanted to say hello, and thanks,

p.s. for those who havent been following this thread, my 3 prong terminal board was missing off my wiper motor when i recieved the car,and id like to locate the proper one........chow.... tom
Old 11-14-2009, 07:11 AM
Droptop-Rob
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom,
All 68's had the 20 ohm resister, it is for the wiper motor to achive low speed. I is common for these motors to be hacked on over the years...

Good luck
Old 11-14-2009, 07:00 PM
DZRick
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is on an original '68.

I'll have to remove the wiper motor from my car someday to see if in fact there is supposed to be a resistor.
In the picture above you can see that the yellow wire lands on the same terminal as the black. I don't think it would be very difficult to add the extra wire using a later terminal board.

This is most likely a '69 and was on my brothers car.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:20 PM
hammadown
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

[/QUOTE]

Sorry...but I have to mention that you have a dead fly on the threaded bar in your switch

Hammadown
Old 11-14-2009, 07:32 PM
DZRick
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by hammadown
Sorry...but I have to mention that you have a dead fly on the threaded bar in your switch

Hammadown [/QUOTE]

After posting the picture I saw the wing. Can't keep them out of the garage, they like to move in for the winter.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:57 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

There's a bug in my switch!
Old 11-14-2009, 08:31 PM
nutsy
Melting Slicks

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by DZRick

Hammadown

After posting the picture I saw the wing. Can't keep them out of the garage, they like to move in for the winter.[/QUOTE]

lmao
Old 11-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Droptop-Rob
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, it looks like a fly is on your resister. It is hard tell in the pic it does look like a threaded rod, however the resister looks similar from a distanceand is in that exact location. It is a porclin rod that is wire wrapped creating the resister. put a meter on it if is not attached to anything it should be 20 ohm. In the system the black wire is removed via the switch to place the motor in high speed.

Last edited by Droptop-Rob; 11-14-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:22 PM
DZRick
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Droptop-Rob
Man, it looks like a fly is on your resister. It is hard tell in the pic it does look like a threaded rod, however the resister looks similar from a distanceand is in that exact location. It is a porclin rod that is wire wrapped creating the resister. put a meter on it if is not attached to anything it should be 20 ohm. In the system the black wire is removed via the switch to place the motor in high speed.
That is the resistor Rob. The '68 picture doesn't have one but I'm not sure whether it should have one or not.

The rest of you guys are killing me, you have no idea how difficult is is to get a fly to hold a pose.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:33 PM
tomgallucci57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in the mean time,im going to go to junk yard and remove a terminal board from a 71 grand prix that i saw the other day. i just want to look at it.who knows, it might work. again, many buchels full of thanks for all assistance thus far. the 68 board is in question as to the resister being there or not. talk to you guys later, tom

p.s. hate to say it, but isnt that a no fly zone.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:17 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Boy,

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the .... Resistor.... Just isn't working.

The resistor was used on the terminal block for 68-72. I don't have the value of it, but I can get it tomorrow for you guys if needed. You have to have this on the terminal connection.

I'm not sure what other applications used this terminal, but it appears to be a pretty common one.

I pulled some old pictures today of the wiper motor we used when we did the write up... Please keep in mind that it's pretty hard for me to keep all this stuff stored away in my decrepit brain. This motor is an original 68 motor and it has the resistor on it.

Willcox Inc.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:21 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by PRNDL
There's a bug in my switch!
Too... I mean too funny!

Get notified of new replies

To your not forgoten

Quick Reply: your not forgoten