Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mako 2......DANG!! Cough!! Wheeeze!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 05:43 PM
mydejavooo
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mako 2......DANG!! Cough!! Wheeeze!!

It's just CRAZY how much those cars are going for! Ran across this one while surfing eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/mako-...item19b86c5c44
Old 12-19-2009, 06:45 PM
champs65
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 63 Posts

Methinks that guys dreaming!
Old 12-19-2009, 06:50 PM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

I'd have to football that damn dog.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Bubs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the dog is letting his owner know what he thinks of being tied to the car.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:21 PM
riggs 74
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats not what its selling for(its not sold), Thats what he would like to
get if there was a fool with deep pockets. The car may be a Mako but its
not untouched, the engine compartment looks a little to modern and not
that nice to begin with.

By the way my 74 can be had for half that price. Any suckers, I mean
buyers out there? I'll mako you a deal.

Riggs.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:34 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 12-19-2009, 10:10 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,326 Likes on 2,774 Posts

Originally Posted by mydejavooo
It's just CRAZY how much those cars are going for! Ran across this one while surfing eBay.
Some completely crazy person's delusional asking price has nothing to do with "how much these cars are going for."

PS, the ugly airbrush cartoons on the tip of the nose completely ruin the effect of the car.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I offered him $3500. It has not been turned down yet. Oh sh*t.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Go Vette
Instructor

I have a rare modified Beanie Baby that I was only going to ask $200k for (it has a piece of tape on it). Guess I should ask $350k.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Go Vette
Instructor

Oops, I forgot to include the word "fugly" after I looked at that listing.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:43 PM
champs65
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Ward
I offered him $3500. It has not been turned down yet. Oh sh*t.
Destiny.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:35 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

I got a little flamed when I posted this car on the Mako forum because I found the asking price a big old joke,

As many of you know I dig customs and I am building a Mako ( Same kit as this car )
But this is the kind of asinine tripe that makes people want to make fun of customs and how can I blame them for making fun?

With the exception of a few things this car is very nice but so grossly overpriced no one will ever see what good work it has,

So in the Vein of this forum allow me to give my opinion...( note I did say opinion )
I can overlook the tacky as all hell cheesy looking air brush shark on the hood and the way under built engine and engine compartment is fine is you dig simple but what ruins the car for me is the horrible rear window treatment,

One of the big styling signatures of the Mako is the rear louvers and if for some reason a person wants to do a personal custom on top of the Mako then at least do it like this Moray and make the rear window fit the curve and lines of the rear,

This Mako has a flat glass sitting down in a recess that shows off the curve of the rear and just looks to me like a poorly thought out hack job kit car.

I would forgive all this, I would defend the persons right to build as they please...okay, I still defend a persons right to build as they please but I also support laughing like all hell at some person hoping a clueless bucks up sucker will grossly overpay for a custom that isn't even top shelf...but please keep in mind it's not the cars fault.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:22 AM
orourke
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 43 Posts

I would love to build a Mako Shark ll. One of my all time favorites.

Marty.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:39 AM
BenUK
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The13Bats
...But this is the kind of asinine tripe that makes people want to make fun of customs... the tacky as all hell cheesy looking air brush shark on the hood and the way under built engine .... what ruins the car for me is the horrible rear window treatment...

This Mako has a flat glass sitting down in a recess that shows off the curve of the rear and just looks to me like a poorly thought out hack job kit car.
And yet, back on the 10th August...

Originally Posted by The13Bats
What I find so negative and against the hobby is people who have nohing better to do than seek out some custom car and post it not to help some closet customer lover find the car of his/her dreams or to show something cool to others, no, it is posted for the soul reason to bash and trash it, and behind the owners back in most cases,
From here on out, I will not include my views or opinions on any ones car who didn't ask me first hand what I think,
Old 12-20-2009, 02:55 PM
temvette72
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys do realize the dog is a prop, right? Just about as clever as the asking price!

temvette72
Old 12-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Dang!!!!.........dats perdy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes :
Old 12-20-2009, 07:53 PM
kaiserbud
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the Mako - but I never knew there were 'so many' made... I thought just 1 or 2.... that said - that one on Ebay for 350k (the first one) is good looking. But when I saw the yellow one - I saw the rear bumpers - had to go 're-look' at the first Mako - I do not like the chrome bumpers on there - they take away from the Mako/Stingray look..IMHO

Get notified of new replies

To Mako 2......DANG!! Cough!! Wheeeze!!

Old 12-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Pass.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:58 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

In BenUK's hast to make me look like a hypocrite he didn't even realize that he comes off looking pretty darn silly and obsessive over me and my posts, I mean really why would someone be so very concerned with what I say months ago then change my mind about now, We are allowed to change our minds freedom is cool that way.

I imagine Ben sitting there so bored yet obsessed and with absolutely nothing better to do than go thru months of MY posts and do all the cut and paste "quotes" and all just to show I changed my mind and decided to comment on this car then he of course conveniently missed the reason I commented ( because this car is grossly overpriced ) I feel that hurts the hobby and gives people reasons to trash the car when it's not the cars fault...
But some very fine people on here taught me that it's okay not to like every custom and it's even okay to admit we don't like it.

Ben it is okay for me to change my mind on here and decide to comment on this car just like it is okay ( yet weird and obsessively odd ) for you to take all the time to make this post that is only to serve at poking at me and has zero to do with the thread,
While I am very flattered that you took all this time just for me it is a bit "spooky"
And I do hope you can move on from your obsession with me....

Now back to vettes and this threads topic...

Mike Ward,
Your offer, while low ball is to me more realistic than the sellers asking price.

temvette72
My face is red, I thought that was just a dog who had bladder issues and didn't care for the price of that car....

KaiserBud,
Between Silva and Motion and all the people who ripped molds many Makos and Mako kits were made I would guess in the 100's
Then when the trend of bone stock popped up many Mako and other kits were tossed in the dung heap,

You have a good eye but the yellow car is a Mako "custom" Motion called it a "Moray Eel"
The rear isn't all Mako the rear bumper is Ecklers GT style and then the rear window is the Mako sugar scoop rear window but sans louvers.

I love the split rear bumpers and hope it look okay on my build that will have both the Mako rear louvered window and Mako boat tail rear bumper,

BTW,
We are pulling molds off my Mako front and rear clip and hopefully sometime after the first of the year will offer them for sale, and if all goes right I will step up to a ( small time ) vender of custom fiberglass on here.

Last edited by The13Bats; 12-20-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

[QUOTE=

BTW,
We are pulling molds off my Mako front and rear clip and hopefully sometime after the first of the year will offer them for sale, and if all goes right I will step up to a ( small time ) vender of custom fiberglass on here. [/QUOTE]

If you produce the body panels for a MakoII, I'll be buying some from you. Keep me in mind. I'm currently building a 1954 Motorama Corvair Fastback and also a Waldorf Show Car copy.

I like the Motorama cars!!

Quick Reply: Mako 2......DANG!! Cough!! Wheeeze!!