Sponsored by:

Anyone from Phoenix AZ area?

Old 01-31-2010, 02:57 PM
ex81
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone from Phoenix AZ area?

Hi,
I would need help to check a car Phoenix AZ. I'm out of states and cannot do it myself. Would you have time to help me? TT
Old 02-01-2010, 11:40 PM
71corvette
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 1 Post

Hi ex81 - I live on the north side of Phoenix at Happy Valley Road and I-17. Depending on where the car is, I may be able to help. I can't promise you but if it is close to me, I will help.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:09 AM
MN-Brent
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's CnV in Tempe, proceed with caution.

There's been a few buyers remorse stories that have come out of that place over the years.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:50 PM
71corvette
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 1 Post

I've actually been to CNV Corvettes when I was looking for my current Vette. They have Vettes but it is like everything else, you have to know what you are buying and don't get hooked into paying too much.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:23 PM
PreviousVettesOwner
2nd Gear

Default From the Inside of CnV Corvettes

I was hired by Pete Ciadella and I initially joined a Corvette Club in Phoenix. Upon the first meeting, every single Vette owners, at the club had nothing but very nasty comments about the treatment by Pete Ciadella. Then I started selling, I would be on the lot, attempting to sell a Corvette and on several occasions, Pete Ciadella, would come during my selling conversation and using curse words, drive my potential customer off the lot.

Now, let's get to the worst part, I was demonstrating a C5 convertible to a potential customer, 2000, I had driven it to his business because he could not come to us. So, the customer wanted the car but only wanted me to check the Title, just to be sure it was a good normal title. The customer said, if the title is not clear, then he would pick another Corvette. So, bringing the Corvette back, I check the title and it was "Salvage" title. So, I called the customer and explained we would work towards finding another corvette for him. He wanted to know why and I just said I would not ethically be able to sell him this Corvette.

Pete Ciadella, fired me the next day, for not running this customer's credit even though the agreement was that I was not to run his credit until a corvette which he wanted to purchase was found.

So, you tell me, how this company does business?
They hope that a buyer does not know enough to check on the Title.
They hope that a buyer can be "Baited and Switched".
They hope they do not check the "RipOff.com" site
They hope they do not call local "Corvette Clubs in Phoenix"

I wanted to sell Corvettes because I had owned a 1981 and a 1994, I really like the Corvette Platform but I was not ready for the totally Cut Throat business dealings which CnV introduced me to.

I will never work for some one who is both Unethical and a Lier!

I am a National Loan Originator for a FDIC Bank, now. I could be sued for such practices and my MLO license revoked. I could never tell anyone to purchase from CnV Corvettes when they were in business.

That said, the shop work was always done to a Higher Standard, due to Pete's son, ran that part of the shop. Ciadella Interiors is probably a good choice.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:29 PM
PreviousVettesOwner
2nd Gear

Default Used Corvette Purchasing

I want to express that I have purchased from a Dealership and a Individual through Ebay, for Corvettes.
In both cases, I did not have the Corvette checked out for troubles.
I should have, Corvettes, are not a commuter car, it is a "Sports Car".
Let's be honest, who actually purchases a Corvette, to never drive fast or drive through mountains fast or to race it during a rally club event.
The point is, the best deals are the ones you purchase from an Individual but nothing can be good enough without a $100 inspection by an Certified GM Mechanic.

What would you rather have, $100 lost or a $15,000 mistake?

Previously owned 1981 and 1994. Also owned a 928, 1983 manual.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone from Phoenix AZ area?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone from Phoenix AZ area?