Sponsored by:

Patriot Exhaust Sound?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Kevins77
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Patriot Exhaust Sound?

Im just curious - there are a TON of threads out there for people with the Patriot side pipes - but I havent seen any videos in them where the exhaust sound was recorded.
I would like to hear how they sound - thinking about putting on a set for a while till I can justify upgrading to a set of hookers (probably in a couple of years).

So... if you happen to have the patriot side exhaust, post up some videos!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:00 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevins77
Im just curious - there are a TON of threads out there for people with the Patriot side pipes - but I havent seen any videos in them where the exhaust sound was recorded.
I would like to hear how they sound - thinking about putting on a set for a while till I can justify upgrading to a set of hookers (probably in a couple of years).

So... if you happen to have the patriot side exhaust, post up some videos!
I had Patriots on mine for a short while. They sound real good with a throaty tone, but if your car sits low they will drag on everything. They mount under the frame, not along side the rockers like stock pipes. The chrome is not the best either. If not constantly cleaned and waxed, they will start to rust. You really get what you pay for.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Kevins77
Burning Brakes

I would really like to hear some examples of them... I have searched on here and on youtube, and all I can find are examples of people using the hooker headers.
It would be great to get a thread full of sound clips with different header combinations on the forum.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Kevins77
Burning Brakes

Seriously? These things must sound terrible...
This has to be a first.. Ask a bunch of C3 owners to show off and none volunteer ..
Old 04-11-2010, 01:12 AM
avner
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Hi, I'm working now on a patriot side pipe and make some custom fit in the inlet.
You can see in this link what I'm going to do.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...t-problem.html
Instead of the S-pipe I bought 4X45* and will make the S by my self.
I checked them on my bare frame, the fitment was not good but it's sound good.
Avner
Old 04-11-2010, 07:59 AM
dmeesq
Drifting

Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUqiRrpndhs
patriot lake sidepipes sound with new motor

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...tall-pics.html

here is my install of patriot lake side pipes also video with stock motor

Last edited by dmeesq; 04-11-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Kevins77
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dmeesq
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUqiRrpndhs
patriot lake sidepipes sound with new motor

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...tall-pics.html

here is my install of patriot lake side pipes also video with stock motor
Awesome, thanks dmeesq! Those do sound good - do you have the mufflers or just the straight pipes?

Does anyone have a sound video with this style patriot exhaust? I know quite a few people here have it installed.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:31 PM
dmeesq
Drifting

Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

Awesome, thanks dmeesq! Those do sound good - do you have the mufflers or just the straight pipes?

Does anyone have a sound video with this style patriot exhaust? I know quite a few people here have it installed.

The pipes come with mufflers installed.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Wuttin
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have them installed but don't have a video...I'll take one next time I fire it up. They roar when tromped on, then they blub-blub really swell when idling.

They sound amazing IMHO, especially if you like it a little loud. I find you get a resonanace at around 3000 RPM (highway cruise at 70-ish) that can be a bit distracting, but I expect this would be common to many pipes. 2700 rpm @ 65mph = perfect, mellow hum

Overall I'm pleased but also agree with the chrome quality issue addressed above. I'll need to replace a cheese grater this year that has started to rust. My car is a driveway car so it's exposed to more moisture (yes, even with a Wolf cover) than most but I was still a bit surprised that they show so much wear after 4 years. And they will drag over speed bumps if installed as instructed by Patriot. Be creative.

Enjoy, Steve
Old 04-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Kevins77
Burning Brakes

Well I ordered a set of these.. got them in tonight, and talk about crap.

They sent the wrong brackets - the exhaust clamps will not fit in the bracket holes. The ears on the clamps do not appear to be long enough to fit the "cheese grater" piece either, unless you are supposed to really crush it together. I didnt check either of those things first, but i am glad I did. I tried to use the provided lag screws to attatch to the frame - I swear they are a grade three or lower. Trying to hand tighten just to get it to bite caused a thread to collapse on it.

On top of that, I had to sawzall out my old exhaust - it was a welded together custom job. At least it sounds good with the open long tubes as it sits. I think I am going to have to send this stuff back.. its really, REALLY bad.

Get notified of new replies

To Patriot Exhaust Sound?

Quick Reply: Patriot Exhaust Sound?