Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mandrel Exhaust Systems for 71 BB 4 Speed

Old 12-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Hans4real
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mandrel Exhaust Systems for 71 BB 4 Speed

This is my first thread to the forum as I'm a new member but a long time C3 owner. If I need to introduce myself please let me know. My question is about mandrel bent bolt on exhaust systems that are quality but won't break the bank. It's got to fit right and flow well. Looking for 2 1/2 to 2 3/4. I have headers so I plan on having the final connections to the collectors welded in. Anyone with experience in doing their own system please let me know your thoughts. Suggestions and comments will be very much appreciated. Glad to be part of the forum.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:43 PM
72LS1Vette
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hans4real
This is my first thread to the forum as I'm a new member but a long time C3 owner. If I need to introduce myself please let me know. My question is about mandrel bent bolt on exhaust systems that are quality but won't break the bank. It's got to fit right and flow well. Looking for 2 1/2 to 2 3/4. I have headers so I plan on having the final connections to the collectors welded in. Anyone with experience in doing their own system please let me know your thoughts. Suggestions and comments will be very much appreciated. Glad to be part of the forum.
Welcome to the forum! Check out the Magnaflow 16841 exhaust system on www.magnaflow.com The picture says it's cat-back but it isn't - it has pipes from the manifold back. I think you have to send me a PM for the name of the vendor I used - they're not a supporting vendor here. Let's just say that I got a really good deal.

Rick B.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Hans4real
Advanced

Originally Posted by 72LS1Vette
Welcome to the forum! Check out the Magnaflow 16841 exhaust system on www.magnaflow.com The picture says it's cat-back but it isn't - it has pipes from the manifold back. I think you have to send me a PM for the name of the vendor I used - they're not a supporting vendor here. Let's just say that I got a really good deal.

Rick B.
What's up Rick B. Thanks for the reply. Sounds like you have the system. What's it sound like and how was it to put on? I just put a cat back Flowmaster on my Challenger and it sounds awesome. I'll PM you and please let me know were the "good guy" deal is. Appreciate it.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:35 PM
72LS1Vette
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hans4real
What's up Rick B. Thanks for the reply. Sounds like you have the system. What's it sound like and how was it to put on? I just put a cat back Flowmaster on my Challenger and it sounds awesome. I'll PM you and please let me know were the "good guy" deal is. Appreciate it.
Here are a few pics and vids of the system.

Rick B.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Hans4real
Advanced

Looks clean. Like the dual tips more than I thought I would. Still might cut them off and put the stock "box" tips on. Thanks again for the PM and the reply.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:31 PM
entitledg
1st Gear

Can the local shop do a mandrel bent piping with a magnaflow muffler? I mean thats alla magnaflow exhaust system is right?

Last edited by entitledg; 01-11-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Mandrel Exhaust Systems for 71 BB 4 Speed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mandrel Exhaust Systems for 71 BB 4 Speed