C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Ecklers?

Old 01-17-2011, 10:38 PM
milo30
CF Senior Member

Default Anyone using Ecklers?

I just got an email from Ecklers and decided to place an order. I got an email today saying the front end rebuild kit is on back order. Didn't mention how long. I tried to order a hood last week and it was on back order for 11 months.

Am I just having some bad luck on things I order or is anyone else experiencing them not having things in stock? With all of their advertising I assumed that they were a pretty large outfit but I could be wrong. Kind of sucks to place an order on Saturday and find out on Monday that they didn't have it so it's either wait or start looking all over again.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:57 PM
beige79
CF Senior Member

I have ordered from them quite a bit recently. I have only been on this forum since last month and I see that there are other favorites that I will be trying soon. I can only say that all but one part that I have ordered from them was at my house in less than a week. The part that was backordered showed up about a week later. I took advantage of their frequent discounts and have saved some money. Other dealers also have sales, but I just haven't had the opportunity to try them yet. I don't have any negative experience with Eckler's.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:10 PM
milo30
CF Senior Member

I can deal with that if it's just a week or so late. I guess I just look at them as the "Walmart" of corvette stuff and they would have a huge stock. Hopefully tomorrow I hear that it's just a short time. The 11 months on the hood floored me. With the sale I'm getting my parts for a good price.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:28 PM
eagle275
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

milo, which hood? I got my L-88 hood from them and some other parts. Had a few to b/o, but was shipped pretty quick anyway.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:40 PM
Mark G
CF Senior Member

I've ordered several orders from Ecklers. I've actually naver had a back ordered item, but it's been a while since the last order. Hard to imagine a hood being back ordered for 11 mo. That's insane! You might want to call them to make sure it wasn't some sort of typo. Otherwise, try Corvette Central or Corvette America, Wilcox..
Old 01-18-2011, 12:20 AM
milo30
CF Senior Member

It was the stinger hood. We did call and that's what they told us, we thought 11 months was a typo also. I'm thinking of an L88 hood but I'll order it from someone else. I've always had good luck with them in the past. Just the last 2 weeks. I'll see what they say tomorrow. Maybe everyone decided to rebuild their front ends at the same time. LOL
Old 01-18-2011, 12:23 AM
onaqwst
CF Senior Member

i'll keep my mouth shut
Old 01-18-2011, 12:24 AM
croaker
CF Senior Member

Sounds like they are selling out of a empty cart. Pro Team quote. I've noticed a lot of items are back ordered
Old 01-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Evil Empire
CF Member

I don't bother to order unless they say it is in stock. It will take months otherwise. The prices between the other magazines fluxuate so little that I'll pay a little extra to get the part in a timely manner.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:05 AM
DO2G
CF Senior Member

I've used Ecklers in the past with success, but I always use Van Steel whenever possible. Van Steel's customer service is the best!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:06 AM
baxsom
CF Senior Member

I use ecklers whenever possible. Their office is like 20 minutes away from me.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:42 AM
champs65
CF Senior Member

Doesn't Ecklers make their own fiberglass components? If so, an 11 month wait is all that much more unacceptable. One year to put a freakin' hood on your car!

This is 2011. Not 1933 where you are placing a mail in order for a new house from a Sears or Woolworths' catalog!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:51 AM
damoroso
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by champs65 View Post
Doesn't Ecklers make their own fiberglass components? If so, an 11 month wait is all that much more unacceptable. One year to put a freakin' hood on your car!

This is 2011. Not 1933 where you are placing a mail in order for a new house from a Sears or Woolworths' catalog!
That's what they told me. I ordered an L88 hood from them, and they said they build them right there in Titusville. I only had to wait a week. I've used Ecklers a fair amount in the past, but in the last year or so, it seems things have changed, and not for the better. More back orders, and way more cheap stuff it seems than before. Have they changed ownership or something?

There are too many vendors out there to have to deal with long backorders and poor parts. Wilcox and VanSteel are excellent choices!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:02 AM
427SIXPACK
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by onaqwst View Post
i'll keep my mouth shut
M E - T O
Old 01-18-2011, 11:09 AM
TWINRAY
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by champs65 View Post

2 years ago, I got a top hood surround from them for my '69 which I believe they make in-house. I ordered front fenders which were shipped direct from the manufacturer in the Northwest. I had to wait about 1-2 months for the fenders - the front surround I got right away. I haven't installed anything yet.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:32 AM
BrianP
CF Member

Originally Posted by 427SIXPACK View Post
M E - T O
X3
Old 01-18-2011, 11:41 AM
pepegriffo
CF Senior Member

I have ordered a ton of parts from them. It all depends on the part. Many come from China. If it is a long lead time it's coming from China. Chjna builds parts in large blocks. They wait until they a shop build. So lead time is based on demand.

They don't just ship one part. In some some cases again depending on the type of part you going to wait. They are probably the only supplier.

Pepe
Old 01-18-2011, 12:27 PM
sokoloka
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by DO2G View Post
I've used Ecklers in the past with success, but I always use Van Steel whenever possible. Van Steel's customer service is the best!
I cannot agree with this quote enough.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:27 PM
BC78vette

I use Ecklers for small items and accessories - never had a stock problem for those items. I far prefer Corvette America and Zip for the bigger items.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Easy Mike
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by baxsom View Post
I use ecklers whenever possible. Their office is like 20 minutes away from me.
Saves on shipping, huh?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone using Ecklers?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: