C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any good restoration/repair shops in South NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 03:25 AM
SpeedRacer71
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any good restoration/repair shops in South NJ?

We are moving to NJ and I am looking for a good repair/restoration shop for my 71 LS-5. This includes needing paint. We will be near a town called Browns Mill, NJ which is near Fort Dix, NJ. I heard of one place called Corvette Paramedic but have not checked them out yet. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:33 AM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Corvette Paramedics from what i hear does very good work. I am not to far from where you will be. I do all my own work and have done a tremendous amount of work for local guys. As for paint i cannot help you. My car is presently in WV getting paint but that is because I know the guy and he does 1st rate work. When you get here let me know always good to see local guys. There is a few of us local with C3 cars.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:27 AM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you're looking for a good body guy, Restoration Conection, Mays Landing. Rob English, NCRS judge.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Lupigiato
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordonm
Corvette Paramedics from what i hear does very good work. I am not to far from where you will be. I do all my own work and have done a tremendous amount of work for local guys. As for paint i cannot help you. My car is presently in WV getting paint but that is because I know the guy and he does 1st rate work. When you get here let me know always good to see local guys. There is a few of us local with C3 cars.
Welcome to "The Garden State". I live in Toms River - a shore community 1 hour east of Gordon, and 20 minutes from Browns Mills. I joined the Corvette madness last August and through other CF members, I was introduced to Gordon. Prior to my introduction to Gordon, I foolishly searched for reputable shops in the area on my own and through classic car enthusiast referrals, they did not own Vettes. This experience led me to "experts" who oversold their services and delivered underwhelming results and at a premium to my wallet. Since March, Gordon made all of the needed repairs to my car and I cannot praise his work enough. Not only is he an expert, he is a great guy, and genuinely wants to help fellow members. I highly recommend meeting Gordon for all of your mechanical needs. I was regretting my investment until Gordon took care of me! Thanks again my friend!
Old 04-23-2011, 08:41 PM
dmeesq
Drifting

Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Lupigiato73
Welcome to "The Garden State". I live in Toms River - a shore community 1 hour east of Gordon, and 20 minutes from Browns Mills. I joined the Corvette madness last August and through other CF members, I was introduced to Gordon. Prior to my introduction to Gordon, I foolishly searched for reputable shops in the area on my own and through classic car enthusiast referrals, they did not own Vettes. This experience led me to "experts" who oversold their services and delivered underwhelming results and at a premium to my wallet. Since March, Gordon made all of the needed repairs to my car and I cannot praise his work enough. Not only is he an expert, he is a great guy, and genuinely wants to help fellow members. I highly recommend meeting Gordon for all of your mechanical needs. I was regretting my investment until Gordon took care of me! Thanks again my friend!
Agree, Gordon is all you need except for paint as far as I can tell.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:40 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,028 Likes on 1,314 Posts

Paramedics do repairs and modifications, but they don't do paint and body.

I would suggest talking to Steve at Russ Corvette Restorations. Steve has been doing Corvette restoration and custom work for 20+ years (the last 10 full time, prior to that on a part time/hobby basis). Steve worked for Rob (at Corvette Connection) for a while. When the economy slowed Rob's business, Steve left and reopened his old shop. Steve is one of the shops that Paramedics sends paint work to.

Steve will do anything from simple touch up work to full paint jobs and complete body off restorations. He doesn't do any regular "maintenance" work (brakes, tune-ups, etc.), but he will do major mechanical repairs.

Russ Corvette Restorations is in Mt. Holly, about 15-20 minutes from Fort Dix. His number is 609-351-6971. You may have to try a couple times to get him. If you have to leave him a message, it may help to tell him you got his number from Glenn.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:27 AM
SpeedRacer71
Advanced

Thanks guys. This sounds like a very Corvette friendly area. Just what I need to get motivated again.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:03 AM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,644 Posts

Originally Posted by Lupigiato73
I highly recommend meeting Gordon for all of your mechanical needs.
While I have never actually met Gordon there are plenty of examples of his fine work on this forum. All of it is top notch.

As far as paint and body work go I have heard nothing but good things about this place.
Heritage Body and Towing Service
59 East NEWMAN Springs Road, Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
(732) 747-6670   (732) 747-6672
I have seen plenty of examples of their work and all of it was outstanding.
Good luck with who ever you choose.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:12 AM
jaxlt1
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 63 Posts

For more information call Bob Russo at (732) 901-1981 or email at bobr@billybobscars.com Shop around, it depends on what you have in mind and most of all, your budget.

Good Guys.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:31 PM
1973yj8owner
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I belong to Central NJ NCRS and Delaware Valley Corvette Club. I am In PA about 25 Miles from Fort Dix. My wife retired as a civilian employ of the NAVY 1/1/11.
We took my 1973 Corvette to County Corvette in West Chester PA on 4/22. They do excellant work. You should go to their website.

You should go to the Wildwood NJ Regional 5/19,20 & 21.

Last edited by 1973yj8owner; 04-24-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:19 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Contes in vineland also ask for joe.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Dvisaggi
3rd Gear

Default finding restoration shops

Our website www.RubberHitsTheRoad.INFO can help you find restoration shops in your area. We currently have specialty auto shops and car clubs listed in about 8 states, including NJ.

It's also a great place to post auto events. Soon we will be listing other resources such as hard to find part sources and forums like this one.

Hope that helps!

Dave
Old 01-16-2013, 02:57 PM
dmeesq
Drifting

Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

I have to put in a word for Luis Auto Body in Burlington. The gave me a quote for paint and body work almost half of anyone else. If it wasnt for the fact that two different places recommended them I would have never used a place that quoted so cheap. Turns out no one could have done a more meticulous amazing paint job as they did. And excellent perfect body work. Any of you who know my car know how it turned out. Seven best of shows just this past summer. Just my two cents. Gotta give credit where credit is due!

Old 10-22-2014, 09:03 PM
Sam17
1st Gear

Default Help

Hi Gordon,

How far are you from Oakhurst NJ? Indeed some help with my C2....
If you are far can you recommend anyone?

Originally Posted by Gordonm
Old 04-18-2020, 07:14 PM
fjd
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The paramedics are very good, but pricey. They do miss a few things now and then but best shop in the area by far.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:43 PM
dennis
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxlt1
For more information call Bob Russo at (732) 901-1981 or email at bobr@billybobscars.com Shop around, it depends on what you have in mind and most of all, your budget.

Good Guys.
best
Old 04-18-2020, 09:14 PM
fjd
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks! My car was damaged on the top right fender where it meets the hood. A mechanic dropped a tool on it and took a chunk out the size of a half dollar. So the fender and I assume most of the front clip and hood have to be painted. I will check out Bob's.

Thanks
Frankie
Old 04-19-2020, 10:19 PM
MRANT212
Drifting

Received 140 Likes on 87 Posts

Welcome to NJ. I have a 71 LS5 as well. Had a guy in Pt Pleasant NJ do a frame on with my 71. Place is called All Time Auto Body. Allan is the owner and it’s a regular body shop that does restorations as well. Allan does them on the side and it’s usually just him doing the work. He would be sending me texts at 3am showing his progress. At the time he would only do one per year. His paint work was fantastic. Only problem was it took him almost year LOL! I called his shop Long Time Auto instead. This was done 8 yrs ago and the paint still looks great!

Get notified of new replies

To Any good restoration/repair shops in South NJ?

Quick Reply: Any good restoration/repair shops in South NJ?