Sponsored by:

California Stingrays Cruise to Solvang/Buelton Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pauldana

Well, here are the videos... the SOB's stripped the audio completely off...
Very nice Paul! and great job at editing! Makes me want to jump back in the Vette and find the California Stingrays!!

Hey, I'm getting sound in the second vid, but none in the first. I'm wondering if this is a hit or miss on Youtubes part? I say this because my vid retained it's music...?? Muddy
Old 05-14-2011, 02:03 PM
VetteHalen
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pauldana
Well, here are the videos... the SOB's stripped the audio completely off...

Going to try Photobucket or???????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBILvI8uF3A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ueEk4SBNo

who will host a 3 gig video file and leave my music alone?
you could try the youtube *pitch* trick i've heard about...
if you change the pitch of the music in your video a little bit you'll "trick" the automated program that scans for copyrighted music. i haven't tried this myself but i've seen people pitch the music a half-step or full step (just enough so that it isn't too obvious or so that it doesn't make the music sound odd). some video editing software let's you change the audio's pitch, but if not you could change the pitch separately in an audio program (audacity -free-, pro tools, cubase, perhaps even garageband)
if you do go this route i would do a short test video, like 30 secs, to test it out (ie: upload a short video with a popular song from your video to see if it's flagged - then change the pitch of the song and re-upload)

(i bet your second video's music wasn't flagged because you mixed in enough of the engine/road noise to get by youtube's audio scanners)

option 2: try uploading to dailymotion ( http://www.dailymotion.com ) or a similar sight that should have looser copyright restrictions. (though, youtube is probably the preferred site since they are so big/popular)

i peeked at your videos but don't want to watch them compromised so i'll wait till you get the music back. i want to see the director's cuts!
good luck!

Last edited by VetteHalen; 05-14-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by VetteHalen
(i bet your second video's music wasn't flagged because you mixed in enough of the engine/road noise to get by youtube's audio scanners)
:
I bet that's exactly it...because I have my road noise, exhaust, voice ect mixed with the music...at the beginning! Two minutes in.... I fadded the background noise out and pulled the tune up! Ummmm interesting...Muddy
Old 05-14-2011, 02:44 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Email youtube and tell them this is a not for sale video that was made for personal use for club members only and they may let the music back in,. they have done ths to me and i have emailed them and an hour later it had music.... just a thought.....

Like this one I did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v1oR8Bo3gY

Last edited by ptroxx; 05-14-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Muddywaters
There is a pretty nice Apple store in Monterey...never been in there, but this weekend I'll check it out. I have a nice Samsung 24" monitor, external drives (2)... I'm assuming all my hardware will work with a Mac?
PM Sent....have a great weekend! Muddy
Paul....did go by the Mac store...wow! Like wow....some very clear monitors there! Got my next unit picked out...running at 3.4/ HD 1TB, not sure of the ram now that I think about it?? with a 27" monitor. It's one of the units that has the processor, guts all in the monitor housing. One plug...one AC plug....that's a nice selling point by itself! Got quite the Mac schooling....and can't quite figure why I have not moved to a Mac before.

I also used my Borders 40% discount card for "Missing Manual / Switching to Mac" Muddy
Old 05-15-2011, 05:11 PM
blueray72
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bee Jay
Hey, forget u tube. Make copies of the DVD and sell them. I'll buy one, and my car isn't even in it.
what he said
Old 05-15-2011, 06:30 PM
VetteHalen
Racer

Paul....did go by the Mac store...wow! Like wow....some very clear monitors there! Got my next unit picked out...running at 3.4/ HD 1TB, not sure of the ram now that I think about it?? with a 27" monitor. It's one of the units that has the processor, guts all in the monitor housing. One plug...one AC plug....that's a nice selling point by itself! Got quite the Mac schooling....and can't quite figure why I have not moved to a Mac before.

I also used my Borders 40% discount card for "Missing Manual / Switching to Mac" Muddy
sounds like you're going with a 27" iMac. good choice. they're really powerful, so much so that the difference between an iMac and a more expensive Mac Pro is not as big as it used to be. you'll be able to do everything you're looking to do and then some...

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Email youtube and tell them this is a not for sale video that was made for personal use for club members only and they may let the music back in,. they have done ths to me and i have emailed them and an hour later it had music.... just a thought.....

Like this one I did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v1oR8Bo3gY
VetteHalen approves of your music choice.

Last edited by VetteHalen; 05-15-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:02 PM
682XLR8
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by blueray72
what he said

The high school film crew will be selling a vid also, aren't they?
Old 05-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by blueray72
what he said
As indicated above...NFS!

sounds like you're going with a 27" iMac. good choice. they're really powerful, so much so that the difference between an iMac and a more expensive Mac Pro is not as big as it used to be. you'll be able to do everything you're looking to do and then some...
Yep...thats the new toy....soon I hope! I did look at that Mac Pro...it's using 2x quad chips! Boys at the Mac store indicated the Pro is mainly used for professional video editing....needless to say, don't think I fit that catagory! That 27" iMac is sweet...I'm thinking of up'grading the ram to 8GB and uping the graphiics card...Should hold me for a while. The only reason I'm holding off for now is...they indicated Mac is coming out with a new OS....should hear something in the next month or so....VH, Have you hear anything? Thanks.

I tell ya, worked most of the day on this vid...and it's still a no go. I have a vid up-loaded, but it's choppy for some reason. Next couple of days....Amazon will deliver Premier 9...maybe I'll get some positive results with that. If not, I'll copy to CD and send. Muddy
Old 05-16-2011, 03:05 AM
VetteHalen
Racer

As indicated above...NFS!

Yep...thats the new toy....soon I hope! I did look at that Mac Pro...it's using 2x quad chips! Boys at the Mac store indicated the Pro is mainly used for professional video editing....needless to say, don't think I fit that catagory! That 27" iMac is sweet...I'm thinking of up'grading the ram to 8GB and uping the graphiics card...Should hold me for a while. The only reason I'm holding off for now is...they indicated Mac is coming out with a new OS....should hear something in the next month or so....VH, Have you hear anything? Thanks.
yup, it's in testing right now with an expected summer release:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...n_control.html

...so it's up to you whether you want to get a head start playing with your new Mac then buy the new OS version (if it looks worth it to you) or you can wait on buying the Mac until it is officially released and it will come installed at no extra charge.

I tell ya, worked most of the day on this vid...and it's still a no go. I have a vid up-loaded, but it's choppy for some reason. Next couple of days....Amazon will deliver Premier 9...maybe I'll get some positive results with that. If not, I'll copy to CD and send. Muddy
you want to post the youtube link to your video? it could be as simple as your internet connection speed or it could be your export settings.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

yup, it's in testing right now with an expected summer release:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...n_control.html

...so it's up to you whether you want to get a head start playing with your new Mac then buy the new OS version (if it looks worth it to you) or you can wait on buying the Mac until it is officially released and it will come installed at no extra charge.

you want to post the youtube link to your video? it could be as simple as your internet connection speed or it could be your export settings.
VH...Thanks! PM Sent. Muddy
Old 05-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Tod M Elliott
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 682XLR8

The high school film crew will be selling a vid also, aren't they?
Randy, I’m planning on checking with Mrs. Lee later this week. Her plan is to burn me a few copies of the boys work when they are done. When I get the copies I'll forward the northerner's a couple of them so you all can burn your own. Same for Paul and Bee Jay, anyone around here that want's a copy I'll take care of it on this end. This, along with the YouTube thing we will all have the opportunity either own it or check it out on line.

Last edited by Tod M Elliott; 05-16-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: .
Old 05-16-2011, 02:50 PM
682XLR8
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Tod M Elliott
Randy, I’m planning on checking with Mrs. Lee later this week. Her plan is to burn me a few copies of the boys work when they are done. When I get the copies I'll forward the northerner's a couple of them so you all can burn your own. Same for Paul and Bee Jay, anyone around here that want's a copy I'll take care of it on this end. This, along with the YouTube thing we will all have the opportunity either own it or check it out on line.

Thanks Tod
Old 05-18-2011, 08:48 PM
johns24
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California Stingrays Club

Great pictures, and I wondered if you would post a phone number
with area code so that I can contact you. My son lives in Burbank and
I and my other son are rebuilding a 71 stingray to send out to him, and
wondered if there are any problems registering a 71 in California?
It is a Maryland based car and we are hoping to ship it by the end
of Summer.

Thank you

Johns24 (02Z06)
Old 02-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Vanity Bob Plates
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Great site. Love variety. Not all ........I'll just be quiet.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:24 AM
mikep3
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks for the pictures, where do you guys get that "Blue Sky"? We have two months to go before we can get our cars out and we never see a blue sky like yours.
Thanks for the pictures!
Old 02-17-2012, 09:41 AM
marshal135
Safety Car

Received 797 Likes on 447 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Wow,
looks like you all had allot of fun
you surfers got all the great weather.
We got 3 months of nice weather in PA
Then we get to pay a fortune in heating oil and avoid salt covered
roads that eat our frames.
My 68 BB was delivered orig to San Diego.
She would be right at home trolling with your group.
Thanks for sharing.
Marshal

Get notified of new replies

To California Stingrays Cruise to Solvang/Buelton Pictures

Old 05-10-2017, 01:14 AM
Bee Jay
Safety Car

Received 543 Likes on 198 Posts

Let's do this again. I'm doing a road kill barbeque here in Lompoc on August 5th. Come on down.
Bee Jay
Old 05-10-2017, 01:27 AM
a striper
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 120 Posts

Great old thread! Except for some 17" wheels it looks like it could be a 1980 story from Vette Vues
Old 05-10-2017, 10:27 AM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

All are invited...
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...june-17th.html

its a "cruse" up there and it is a all corvette run now... when we get there the C3 crowd can break off and hit up Bee Jay's ROAD KILL BBQ!!!!

Quick Reply: California Stingrays Cruise to Solvang/Buelton Pictures