Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well...Im Alive

Old 07-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Dose11
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LancePearson
Dose...Halle just got dressed and out of the house headed for the airport. She should be at your house between two and three p.m. Wearing a short white dress with breezy summer top. I'd say she looks pretty much drop dead gorgeous for her time this afternoon at your house! Enjoy!

Lance
Will do. Just a couple of hours more. Hell I might walk to the door with no assistance if the doorbell rings lol
Old 07-21-2011, 05:43 PM
LancePearson
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dose....Just heard from Halle Berry. Her plane got diverted to Minneapolis so she isn't going to be able to make it today. I know how disappointed you are but at least your wife will be happier!

To make up for it and keep you thinking in a good way about Corvettes I'll clip the link to one lap as a passenger you can ride with me on the VIR 3.27 mile, 17 turn road racing course down near Danville, Va. that Paul Newman used to say: "If there's a heaven on earth, it's VIR." about.

Just click and you are a passenger looking forward over the hood in my '76.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHN75myPbDU

This is under the general heading of therapy since the reward ended up in Minneapolis!

Lance
Old 07-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Dose11
Drifting

Dangit, I even brushed my hair and had my hospital bed in the coolest position I could get it in lol.

Nice video, I enjoyed it.

Body is extra tired today...must be doing some extra healing.

Waiting for my wife to get home from our business so I can get out this damned bed.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:07 PM
LancePearson
Drifting

the bones take time to heal...not other solution. Do what they tell you and in a few weeks it will be better. When I had both knees done with 9" incisions, all new joints the same day they told me I'd be able to drive in 4-6 weeks though a long ways from normal. 4.5 weeks later I drove my auto SUV. It wasn't easy getting around but over time and doing the right exercises, it got better. Patience got to be a real problem for me. If you are like me, you won't heal in a straight line either...it's for me more like plateaus, three steps forward, one back, two steps forward, one back, four steps forward, one back and so on. Bodies ain't linear in my case anyway but you will heal up if you don't get infections.

Hang in there.

Lance
Old 07-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Dose11
Drifting

Yeah I know...sitting still is the worst pain of this ordeal for me....
Old 07-21-2011, 06:32 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Dose11
Dangit, I even brushed my hair and had my hospital bed in the coolest position I could get it in lol.

Nice video, I enjoyed it.

Body is extra tired today...must be doing some extra healing.

Waiting for my wife to get home from our business so I can get out this damned bed.
I see the problem. You brushed your hair. Who Does That?
Old 07-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Dose11
Drifting

Originally Posted by AGVI
I see the problem. You brushed your hair. Who Does That?
I was trying to make it a special occasion ....it hasn't been brushed in a month....
Old 10-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Dose11
Drifting

Ahhh...about 3.5 months later.......and I am close to walking!

I shimmied(little awkward baby steps) from my chair to the coach yesterday...about 5 steps...the most I have moved on my own in a long time!

I have been on the forum every day almost, since I got home from the hospital...and it has only enhanced my desire for another C3! I have been on the search...have found a few prospects and am on the hunt once again. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone once again for being there especially Lance for checking up on me...and I can't wait to be back in full swing of things walking and driving!

Jason
Old 10-08-2011, 04:53 PM
billcarson
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

i can't speak for the forum but i think everyone was glad to see you posting and in the right frame of mind.i knew you would update us when you were ready and glad to hear your coming along.hang in there as much more fun to be had.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:15 PM
69VetteFla
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad to hear you are making good progress. looking for another c3 is a great motivator.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:50 PM
LancePearson
Drifting

Glad you are doing well. I knew from seeing those photos that you had a long road ahead of you and I'd say you are doing very well with all of it and have handled it well. Now, if we were to talk with your significant other would she be complaining about it about now? LOL. Just kidding. It's a tough row to hoe and you are hoeing it!

Lance
Old 10-08-2011, 06:17 PM
medic1555
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cars can be replaced but lives can't. This is a pretty common post on a Harley Davidson forum that I belong to due to the nature of the vehicle. Thank goodness it a rarity here. Stay on the mend and now start loking forward to the hunt for your next Vette. Best wishes!
Old 10-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Dose11
Drifting

Originally Posted by billcarson
i can't speak for the forum but i think everyone was glad to see you posting and in the right frame of mind.i knew you would update us when you were ready and glad to hear your coming along.hang in there as much more fun to be had.
Yeah this forum has kept my mind pretty occupied and in good spirits. Since during the day I am alone most of the time it has been good just to read other ppls conversations and chime in as well....there is definitely fun to be had...And I WILL HAVE IT
Originally Posted by 69VetteFla
glad to hear you are making good progress. looking for another c3 is a great motivator.
Yeah I am getting there...It's funny I said the other day to someone "I really wan't to walk don't get me wrong...but honestly I don't know what I would do if I couldn't drive a stick again" so even though I may not get a manual...I think about sitting behind the wheel of another C3 almost as much as I think about walking
Originally Posted by LancePearson
Glad you are doing well. I knew from seeing those photos that you had a long road ahead of you and I'd say you are doing very well with all of it and have handled it well. Now, if we were to talk with your significant other would she be complaining about it about now? LOL. Just kidding. It's a tough row to hoe and you are hoeing it!

Lance
Ha! My wife has been a trooper...but she is SoooOOoo over this..as am I. But she is awesome...I told her I was just going to get her a new car with the insurance money...and she refuses...she want's me to get another Vette first and get her car second. She is ready to get things back to normal though.

Once again thanks for all of the support
Old 10-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Dose11
Drifting

Originally Posted by medic1555
Cars can be replaced but lives can't. This is a pretty common post on a Harley Davidson forum that I belong to due to the nature of the vehicle. Thank goodness it a rarity here. Stay on the mend and now start loking forward to the hunt for your next Vette. Best wishes!
Old 10-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Frank.luvstingrays
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dose11 you have a good women never let her go... and always stand by her no mater what!
good to hear your doing well..
God Bless
Frank
Old 10-09-2011, 10:05 AM
C3 4ME
Le Mans Master

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

glad to hear things are coming along!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: well...Im Alive