Sponsored by:

What is the proper hood insulation

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Default What is the proper hood insulation

for a 75'? Anyone have a picture? If not what is the color and who has the best deal going right now?

If I remember correctly my original had an opening in the center for air and it was a light colour rather than dark. Is this correct?
Old 09-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Lon Wayne
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vader Vette

Originally Posted by Maymyvetteliveforevr
for a 75'? Anyone have a picture? If not what is the color and who has the best deal going right now?

If I remember correctly my original had an opening in the center for air and it was a light colour rather than dark. Is this correct?
Look in some Corvette parts mags they look original use the same fasteners and once you put it on you wont need to mess with it.I think I got mine from Paragon great quality.the color is black and it has the hole for your ram air.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Maymyvetteliveforevr

It looks something like this. Try to find a "molded" and not "replacement" version. The former is more expensive but fits properly and does not droop.

*Edit* - I poked through the various catalogues and cannot find a molded version. Guess they are no longer sold. Someone else will have to advise on which replacement type fits and wears OK.

Last edited by Paul L; 09-07-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Lon Wayne
I think I got mine from Paragon great quality.the color is black and it has the hole for your ram air.
I've seen some with the hole for the ram air but don't know if they droop or fit properly, that's why I asked.
Originally Posted by paul 74
Try to find a "molded" and not "replacement" version.
*Edit* - I poked through the various catalogues and cannot find a molded version. Guess they are no longer sold.
I'm unable to find the molded version and most don't specify therefore I'll assume they're the replacement. With headers I remember it had excessive heat so I figure it's going to want to droop over time.

Anyone else have an opinion?

Thanks for the reply Lon and Paul.

Get notified of new replies

To What is the proper hood insulation

Quick Reply: What is the proper hood insulation