Sponsored by:

1973 Corvette Convertible Resto

Old 12-08-2015, 03:00 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by rogman16
Thanks M... If I had to guess which way I was leaning, it would be to keeping it and getting to work on it in early spring...

Rogman

Congrats on the new post and promotion. Nice to hear from you. All the best to you and your family for the new year. I'm sure we'll see some progress in the spring.
The following users liked this post:
rogman16 (12-08-2015)
Old 12-18-2015, 05:43 PM
boatmark
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks M... If I had to guess which way I was leaning, it would be to keeping it and getting to work on it in early spring...

Rogman
I haven't been around in a while - congratulations on your new assignment, and the move back to the states.

I hope you do decide to keep it. Whether you have time to get on it in the spring, or you decide to cover it in the corner until life settles down, I think down the road you will be happy you kept it. I'm glad I resisted the urge to sell when mine spent its time in the corner.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:13 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Congrats on the C7 purchase.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:38 PM
rogman16
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by briankeery
Congrats on the C7 purchase.
Thanks BK, I am so used to posting on C3, wow!!! Really hosed that one up!!! Thanks for the assist mods!!!

Rogman
Old 02-17-2016, 01:04 PM
birdsmith
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Rog,

I was poking around and thought I'd look in on your (now 'old') C3, I sure hope you regain interest in it long enough to give it a proper completion. I understand the heartbreak but that thing is really a truly unique car and deserves to get to its rightful state...

BTW, my son just finished Cyber training and is on to his duty station, you two might actually cross paths one day. Congrats on your promotion too, I know I haven't looked in in quite a while, hope all is well.

C7, huh? VEERRRYYYYY NICE!
Old 02-17-2016, 08:55 PM
rogman16
Drifting

Originally Posted by birdsmith
Hey Rog,

I was poking around and thought I'd look in on your (now 'old') C3, I sure hope you regain interest in it long enough to give it a proper completion. I understand the heartbreak but that thing is really a truly unique car and deserves to get to its rightful state...

BTW, my son just finished Cyber training and is on to his duty station, you two might actually cross paths one day. Congrats on your promotion too, I know I haven't looked in in quite a while, hope all is well.

C7, huh? VEERRRYYYYY NICE!
Thanks Dave!!! Where's your son stationed???

Rogman
Old 02-18-2016, 12:55 PM
birdsmith
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Dave!!! Where's your son stationed???

Rogman
Rog, he is checking in at Edwards as I type this. Not necessarily the garden spot where he might have liked to start his career, but he's looking at houses already AND he's stationed less than ten miles from Willow Springs Raceway...not bad!
Old 02-20-2016, 06:28 PM
Lupigiato
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Roger, congrats on the promotion and C7! Hope you hang onto and eventually finish the 73.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:44 AM
rogman16
Drifting

Originally Posted by birdsmith
Rog, he is checking in at Edwards as I type this. Not necessarily the garden spot where he might have liked to start his career, but he's looking at houses already AND he's stationed less than ten miles from Willow Springs Raceway...not bad!
Yepper, had friends stationed there... As soon as they got "used" to the area, they were good to go... Hope he enjoys it!!!

Originally Posted by Lupigiato
Roger, congrats on the promotion and C7! Hope you hang onto and eventually finish the 73.
Thanks Mike, stay tuned...

Rogman
Old 02-21-2016, 09:51 AM
rogman16
Drifting

Default Sad day!!!

Took me a couple of emotional days to post... The '73 has been sold and is off to a new energized and enthusiastic family to finish...

Hated to see her go, but after I left Vegas back in 2012, never really got my mojo back to finish the project... Compound that with the shipment damage, and I was done!!! Think most of you probably figured that out from my posts over the past couple of years... It is a shame, 1 more year in Vegas, and I'm sure I would've been able to finish her...

New owner's name is Dustin, and I've told him how helpful you guys are... Please help him out if he ever gets on the forum to ask!!! I will stop by from time to time...

Thanks to everyone for their help over the years, you guys have been great... I am sure after I retire in the next 3-5 years, I may be ready to get another C3 project when I settle down and stop moving every two years with the military!!!

Rogman
Old 02-21-2016, 12:39 PM
jr73
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 166 Posts

Noooooooooo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1973 Corvette Convertible Resto