C3 Project MENACE. Custom '72 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 01:52 PM
DTM632
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C3 Project MENACE. Custom '72 convertible

Hi i would like to inform you about my project car called MENACE

its a 72 corvette convertible.. I live in Holland and im having this car built in the USA at Heartland Customs.. Here a description of the car..

This highly modified 1972 Corvette Roadster is being built by Heartland Customs in Purcell, OK. www.Heartlandcustoms.us

This should be the most technically advanced classic car ever built with all of its modern amenitites and technology.

Every panel on the car will be modified to reflect modern pro-touring style and the car will sit on a custom built chassis with 2011 Corvette ZR1 suspension, carbon ceramic brakes and wheel and tire combo. The car will have a removable carbon fiber hard top with a panoramic roof and a speed sensitive rear spoiler like the Mercedes SLS and Bugatti Veyron.

For the driveline the car will have an all aluminum 632 c.i., fuel injected big block from Nelson Racing that boasts 850 hp. Attached to that is a T-56 six speed transmission.

The interior is completely custom designed with everything inside being one of a kind. The theme here is clean, modern and super high tech. The iPAD in the dash will give the driver full functionality of the iPAD as well as will control all functions of the car including the modern heat and A/C. Behind the actuator controlled movable iPAD is the Pioneer stereo head unit that will take commands via bluetooth/WIFI from the iPAD and play all iPAD functions and sounds through the custom designed stereo system. The custom machined rotary **** on the console will control stereo functions and amplifier gain without having to lower the iPAD to access the controls. The iPAd will also display sensor data collected from the cars many sensors.

The custom designed seats will be covered in Italian leather with Alcantara inserts and will feature heating and cooling elements. If you notice there is also a vent in the headrest called the "air scarf." This will enable the driver and passanger to blow a controlable amount of heated or cooled air on their neck according to the exterior conditions. This will all be controlled by touch on the iPAD. The console will also be refrigerated to keep drinks cold on road trips.

The gauge cluster is completely custom made and features an analog tachometer with an inset digital speedometer. On both sides are 4.3" LCD touchscreens that display sensor data from the car and are completely customizable and can display up to twelve sensors simultaneously. The custom skins of the LCD screens will also display turn signals, exterior temperature, clock and other indicators. The LCD screens are customized to match the color theme and design of the car.

This is a little taste of the innovative things that are in store for this car.

Hope you enjoy the build...
Old 12-09-2011, 01:56 PM
DTM632
Instructor

i think i can not upload photos... see what you think of these renderings on heartlands blog that they keep up for my build....

http://blog.heartlandcustoms.us/

If there are some enthousiasts to see more of this build here.. let me know and ill see to upgrade my account so i can upload photos

hope you guys like it....

let me know...
Old 12-09-2011, 02:05 PM
grahambb
Advanced

sounds delicious!
Old 12-09-2011, 02:11 PM
DTM632
Instructor

there will come quite some interesting parts from the car that wont be used and therefore for sale.. in case youre interested.. see

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-p...nsmission.html

and/or contact Jeff page of heartland customs. his details are on www.heartlandcustom.us

gtz
dennis
Old 12-09-2011, 02:12 PM
DTM632
Instructor

Originally Posted by grahambb
sounds delicious!
checked the blog on heartland page? curious what youre real USA corvette lovers think of how we intend to do this restomod.. we want an updated car but for exterior not want to go to far from original..
Old 12-09-2011, 02:26 PM
grahambb
Advanced

From the description I had to have a look! The speed sensitive spoiler sounds interesting, but I couldn’t see it in the renderings. The interior looks very clean, but obviously technical! Are the bumpers that were originally chrome going to be carbon? The sketches show them black, just curious.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:28 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

WOW!!! I just checked out the renderings, and it looks awesome! I can't wait to see the final product!

Old 12-09-2011, 02:33 PM
DTM632
Instructor

Originally Posted by grahambb
From the description I had to have a look! The speed sensitive spoiler sounds interesting, but I couldn’t see it in the renderings. The interior looks very clean, but obviously technical! Are the bumpers that were originally chrome going to be carbon? The sketches show them black, just curious.
the speed sensitive spoiler was added later to the ideas.. but it will be completely integrated in the style of the body like in the sls amg..

so only really visible when up.. for me important cause i dont like spoiler on the car but i think with 850 hp i need some downforce...

the bumpers will be painted titanium dark grey, also the centennial wheels and all other trim...
Old 12-09-2011, 02:35 PM
DTM632
Instructor

Originally Posted by 7t2vette
WOW!!! I just checked out the renderings, and it looks awesome! I can't wait to see the final product!
thx.. what account do i need to be able to uplaod pictures..? you know?
Old 12-09-2011, 02:35 PM
1996Z15
Melting Slicks

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I like everything about the car but, I'm not too high on the front end treatment. I think horizontal bars (similar to a '68) would look cleaner for the grille and the projector lights / Audi style surround lights are a little over the top (for my taste).

I am looking forward to seeing the car come together as it sounds like it will be amazing when it's done.

Thanks for sharing with us.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:40 PM
DTM632
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1996Z15
I like everything about the car but, I'm not too high on the front end treatment. I think horizontal bars (similar to a '68) would look cleaner for the grille and the projector lights / Audi style surround lights are a little over the top (for my taste).

I am looking forward to seeing the car come together as it sounds like it will be amazing when it's done.

for the audi led lights is not 100% sure they will come in.. it depends how it look in real life.. its allways an option to keep just the headlight unit without LED.. and only the LED in the spoiler.. The headlights are and will be based on the unit in a C6.. also same HID lights.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:57 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DTM632
thx.. what account do i need to be able to uplaod pictures..? you know?
No special account needed, I just copied the URL for each picture from the blog and posted it using image tags like this:

[IMG]insert pic URL here[/IMG]

Originally Posted by 1996Z15

I think the LEDs around the headlights are a little busy looking, distracting even. I also think the front grille would look cleaner with just horizontal bars.

Have you considered 4 tail/brake lights? I did this on my car using LED tail/brake lights, and I made a custom LED reverse light mounted over the license plate.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:11 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

I just drooled - I mean looked - at your renderings again, and noticed something I didn't before. Are those C6 front and rear marker lights? I like them!
Old 12-09-2011, 03:11 PM
DTM632
Instructor

No special account needed, I just copied the URL for each picture from the blog and posted it using image tags like this:

[IMG]insert pic URL here[/IMG]

I think the LEDs around the headlights are a little busy looking, distracting even. I also think the front grille would look cleaner with just horizontal bars.

Have you considered 4 tail/brake lights? I did this on my car using LED tail/brake lights, and I made a custom LED reverse light mounted over the license plate.
ill take what you did with the rearlights into consideration with heartland... there will be led lightning rear.. i like yours.. but i want the white reverse in it like the original has.. also i delete the license plate holder so i can not do the reversee like you have..

but if i would still have that, that would serious be an option.. it looks great..

maybe cause im no native english speaker.. but what do you mean with 'just horizontal bars'?

this topic is to get feedback on my project so please let me know what you guys think and i keep it up with jeff from heartland..
Old 12-09-2011, 03:15 PM
DTM632
Instructor

I just drooled - I mean looked - at your renderings again, and noticed something I didn't before. Are those C6 front and rear marker lights? I like them!
yes.. that are the c6 marker lights..
Old 12-09-2011, 03:18 PM
DTM632
Instructor

Default NRE 632 EFI Alien Hotrod series

for the ones who lik big block..

this engine will come in the car.. than black anodized..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJeYEAlPlak
Old 12-09-2011, 03:27 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DTM632
maybe cause im no native english speaker.. but what do you mean with 'just horizontal bars'?

this topic is to get feedback on my project so please let me know what you guys think and i keep it up with jeff from heartland..
More like this 68-69 style:

or this

Last edited by 7t2vette; 12-09-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C3 Project MENACE. Custom '72 convertible

Old 12-09-2011, 03:31 PM
DTM632
Instructor

More like this 68-69 style:
ah you mean instead of mesh....?
Old 12-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Sunstroked
Melting Slicks

Received 146 Likes on 114 Posts

I think the project looks great. Especially like the looks of the new dash, and keeping the C3's body lines. Sounds very expensive. Hope to see it finished.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

I can just say WOW!! A mean machine.

Quick Reply: C3 Project MENACE. Custom '72 convertible