My 69 leans-any ideas why?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Tom: backing off the nut on the passenger's side spring bolt will lower the ride height on that side. You may get your 1/2" doing that. Sorry to say that trick will not work on the front.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:50 PM
padgett
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great info

I have the same problem on my 77, and ill tell you what,the info you gave is unbelievable..answered my question and didn't have to ask.you guys,and gals... run a great site.looking toward to retire my car here.if you catch my drift.thanks to all and always. BIG SMILES..
Old 03-20-2012, 07:29 PM
mapman
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by tomvanparis
... before I changed out all front and rear suspension. ...
When you did the front suspension, did you tighten the a-arm cross bolts BEFORE you lowered the car off the jack? i.e. did the suspension get a chance to settle before you tightened the a-arms up?

When you did the front suspension did you make sure the coil springs were installed correctly? i.e. with the spring aligned correctly in the shock tower AND the bottom of spring (side notch) down?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:46 PM
70BBvert
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mapman
When you did the front suspension, did you tighten the a-arm cross bolts BEFORE you lowered the car off the jack? i.e. did the suspension get a chance to settle before you tightened the a-arms up?

When you did the front suspension did you make sure the coil springs were installed correctly? i.e. with the spring aligned correctly in the shock tower AND the bottom of spring (side notch) down?

And roll the car several feet to allow the suspension to settle, then tighten the control arm nuts.

Jim
Old 03-20-2012, 07:46 PM
tomvanparis
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mapman

Yes I made sure I installed the front suspension as you described.

Quick Reply: My 69 leans-any ideas why?