C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1968 427/435 pencil drawing, it's done!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 10:45 PM
scottyp99
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by sluggballz
Thank you everyone for the kind words!!!It means alot coming from people who own these cars , that you think my work is good. Yes, I would like to do prints of this, unfortunately the minimum is a good many and I am stuck in the middle of a divorce right now( after 18 years of marriage) and my funds don't go as far as I'd like. Heck, I even learned a new word today!! Thank you scottyp99 for the word pedantic!
I put a post up with my 78 pace car that I did in July of last year, that is one I would have prints made of tomorrow if there was interest enough to justify it. Thank you all again sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I said shallow and pedantic, it was a Family Guy reference, just a joke, I thought more people would get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

BTW, I have already made a bunch of illegal copies of the art in question, and I'm selling them on ebay for a buck apiece! Enjoy! Just kidding.........I'm really selling them for 50 bucks apiece..........

Keep the shiny side up!
Scott
Old 03-19-2012, 11:02 PM
sluggballz
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 121 Posts

Thanks scottyp99!! I will expect my "taste" of the profits!!
Sorry , but any and all family guy bits (except, Whheat thins!) are lost on me. I have never watched an episode, sorry. Thanks again for the positives, I am off of work tomorrow, so I will make my way to the printers and see if I can get some prints made.........
Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 PM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,652 Posts

Your work is excellent!
Maybe there would be a market for "one offs"? That would make a great gift idea.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:48 AM
HOOAH
1969/1971/1976 Coupes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by 3JsVette
Your work is excellent!
Maybe there would be a market for "one offs"? That would make a great gift idea.
I agree. You could give a copy to each and every one of us during the Xmas pay it forward holiday gift giving session

Kidding, like others, I'm in line for a "purchased" copy if you go that route.

Terry
Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 AM
Madhatr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Very Nice! Do you work in other mediums as well, or just in pencil?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:09 AM
69VetteFla
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scottyp99
When I said shallow and pedantic, it was a Family Guy reference, just a joke, I thought more people would get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

BTW, I have already made a bunch of illegal copies of the art in question, and I'm selling them on ebay for a buck apiece! Enjoy! Just kidding.........I'm really selling them for 50 bucks apiece..........

Keep the shiny side up!
Scott
I love Family Guy and am disappointed at myself that I didn't remember that episode
Old 03-20-2012, 12:41 PM
scottyp99
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Thanks scottyp99!! I will expect my "taste" of the profits!!
Sorry , but any and all family guy bits (except, Whheat thins!) are lost on me. I have never watched an episode, sorry. Thanks again for the positives, I am off of work tomorrow, so I will make my way to the printers and see if I can get some prints made.........
How much detail do you think would be lost if it were blown up to poster size? Maybe you could draw something on a poster sized piece of paper, and have prints made of that. I think more people would be interested if it were larger. Just kicking around ideas for you, that's all. If you play your cards right, you might be able to make some coin, I don't know much about art, but I think there is something about the medium you are using that is just striking. There could be a nice market for it.

Keep the shiny side up!
Scott
Old 03-20-2012, 05:14 PM
sluggballz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Madhatr
Very Nice! Do you work in other mediums as well, or just in pencil?
I have done acrylic color work in the past, but I really enjoy pencil. I have a full complement of acrylic colors and some small canvases left, but I just don't feel the urge to use them.

scottyp99, I could and would do larger drawings, but I have no real call for them right now, as over the last three to four years all of my commisions have been for smaller pieces and I like the overall size of them. Somebody wants one bigger, I will be very glad to accomodate them.! I will gladly do custom commissions, just PM me and we can talk it over.

I have visited the local printer today, and was given a price quote that I hope I can live with So I will be dropping off three pieces tomorrow morning for printing, the 68 vert, the 78 pace car, and a 2013 Gt 500. It will be a week to 10 days before they are done. If you would like to see some of my other stuff, visit here-
http://chadvstudio.weebly.com/
Thanks again everybody for all of the positive comments, I've been on the fence over this for along time......
Old 03-20-2012, 07:22 PM
TheSkunkWorks
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Thank you everyone for the kind words!!!It means alot coming from people who own these cars , that you think my work is good. Yes, I would like to do prints of this, unfortunately the minimum is a good many and I am stuck in the middle of a divorce right now( after 18 years of marriage) and my funds don't go as far as I'd like. Heck, I even learned a new word today!! Thank you scottyp99 for the word pedantic!
I put a post up with my 78 pace car that I did in July of last year, that is one I would have prints made of tomorrow if there was interest enough to justify it. Thank you all again sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Went thru the big D not too long back myself (after 15 years), and only got the settlement paid off in full this past year (got to keep the house and held on to one 'vette). Honestly, I think the light at the end of the tunnel may not be a freight train afterall.

Whatever happens, keep looking up.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:11 PM
WESCH
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi

Great , looking fwd to your prints.

What size are those ?

Oh, can we start reserving those ? I'm in for the 68, pls.

Rgds. Günther
Old 03-21-2012, 03:57 PM
TurboStitchCW
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

DAYUM!!!! Those are awesome! I used to draw in HS, but that was over a decade ago, and I haven't done it at all since. Never anything THAt amazing!

Depending on the price, i may pick up one of each Vette, Challenger, Silverado, Camaros (basically all of the GM vehicles) from your website (over time). I'd like to buy one of each because they are all so amazing, but I am sinking most of my paychecks into my engine rebuild at the moment.

@TheSkunkWorks: Your comment about the freight train reminded me of "No Leaf Clover" by Metallica.

Last edited by TurboStitchCW; 03-21-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Mashman
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 3JsVette
Your work is excellent!

I don't want to step on the OP's toes, or highjack this thread (so sluggballz please let me know if you want me to delete this post, and I will).

A friend of mine is an artist. He works in construction and draws to relax. I've been trying for awhile now to get him to hang up the nail bags, and draw full time - we got to be friends when he built a deck for me. I asked my friend if he would consider doing some commision work, and he said yes.

I thought about starting a thread in the 'for sale' section, offering up his services to create custom art, but I think in order to post in the 'for sale' section you need to post a price, and I think something like this is going to be variable depending on what is requested. Anyone know if I can post something like this (a service without a fixed price) in the 'for sale' section?

Below is a link to a photobucket album I created with some of his pictures. He mostly draws in graphite, pastels, and colored pencils. I put a couple of pictures of the deck he built for me, so you can see he's not just a great artist.

http://www.photobucket.com/markklineart
Old 03-21-2012, 06:11 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

10 out of 10
Old 03-21-2012, 08:44 PM
sluggballz
Burning Brakes

Hi all!
First, Mashman, no prob with the post, the more the merrier. Your friend does some nice stuff, I can and have drawn people but cars (especially Corvettes)are my passion
Second, TurbostitchCW, thanks for the props! Where on Oahu do you live? My dad was in the Air Force and we lived on Hickam in the mid eighties, I graduated from Radford HS in 86, crap I'm old!!
Third, TheSkunkWorks, yes after 18 years of marriage and a 17 year old and a 10 year old (both boys) this isn't exaclty the easiest thing. But she and I are acually getting along soooooo much better now than in the last three years!! Thankfully, she likes trucks and not Corvettes, so I dont have to worry about that and besides, her truck is an 09 and mine a 95. I certainly hope the light isn't a train, but who knows.

Thanks again everyone the niceties concerning my drawings, i apreciate more than you know. As soon as the prints are done I will let you guys know. Any requests for future prints??
Old 03-21-2012, 09:16 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

That is beautiful! Really great, and looks exactly like my car too.... except for that triangle thing in the corner.

Here is mine (picture flipped to give the same angle)

Old 04-10-2012, 10:24 PM
bkvette3
Safety Car

Received 93 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks Chad - Can't wait until my '68 Vette print (#3 - of course) gets here. It will look great framed and hanging on the wall. Excellent price!!! - Come on, CF members - support a fellow member.

P.S. I am sure you will get requests for different years. The '68 & '78 S/A prints are awesome.

Last edited by bkvette3; 04-10-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Lupigiato
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bkvette3
Thanks Chad - Can't wait until my '68 Vette print (#3 - of course) gets here. It will look great framed and hanging on the wall. Excellent price!!! - Come on, CF members - support a fellow member.

P.S. I am sure you will get requests for different years. The '68 & '78 S/A prints are awesome.
Mines on the way too!!!

Get notified of new replies

To 1968 427/435 pencil drawing, it's done!!

Old 04-11-2012, 01:39 AM
chonkyapple
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fink mine will fit above me foto
in me trofy cabinet in me mancave

Oh, an welcome to the "D" club Chad,
It took me 4 trips to Thailand to get wifey of 25 years out of my system
Old 04-11-2012, 06:29 AM
Ret.Horsecop13
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14
NCM Sinkhole Donor

#13 on its way!!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:27 PM
sluggballz
Burning Brakes

Thank you everybody for your support!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 1968 427/435 pencil drawing, it's done!!