Sponsored by:

'80 L-82 good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Tim H
Safety Car

Received 103 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackbirdZ07
Thanks again for the replies. One more question: What do you think this car would be worth after being restored to nice driver condition with new paint and new interior?

I found another one today... a red/light doeskin '79 L-82 automatic. I've noticed this car sitting in the front yard of a house near where I go walking with my dog. This afternoon an older guy was out in the yard pulling weeds so I asked him about the Corvette. Turns out he bought it from the original owner in 1980 with 10,000 miles. It now has around 100,000 and it's been sitting for four years. It's a bit more weather beaten than the '80, but pretty similar condition.... he said it runs well but it obviously needs paint and interior. Good straight body, never hit, original engine. He wants to sell it because he feels badly that it's just sitting out and he knows he won't get to it. He doesn't know what he'll want for it so I left my name and number.
Either 1 is worth less than $10000 completely done so watch your money.
Buy something off Craigslist that is running for a little more at least you wont loose interest when you can drive it around after working on it.

Quick Reply: '80 L-82 good deal?