Sponsored by:

76 left hand guage housing

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Russ W
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 76 left hand guage housing

Anyone have any input to removing the left side gauge panel...I dropped the steering wheel, have all the screws out, headlight bypass disconnected, wire bundle hold down removed,light switch unplugged, . I can pull it out enough to barely get my hand behind it. It seems to be caught on something. Ductwork seems to want to stay together. According to Wilcox and Haines repair it should pull out enough to access tach and speedo. It does have AC, is there something in ductwork that needs to be disconnectedI have tried the search engine on the forum and don't find my exact problem.. Thanks
Old 03-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

It's easier if you remove the AC ducting. Disconnect speedo and tacho cables and it may work forward. The dash harness will be clipped to the back side of the dash pad.

Do you have the assembly instruction manual (AIM)? The AIM has several diagrams of dash installation, how the harness routes, where things plug up, etc.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Russ W
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do have the AIM and will have to look again. Its almost as if the duct work is connected still. I thought it would just pull out. I did move the wire harness clips out of the way. I'm just trying not to damage anything especially since I am just painting this and replacing a few bulbs

Get notified of new replies

To 76 left hand guage housing

Quick Reply: 76 left hand guage housing