C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just saw an Original '63 Grand Sport Startup!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:23 PM
AxerJk
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts

I put together a video of the Jaguar D-Type and C-Type driving out in the rain from that day! This was so amazing!

Chris

Old 04-17-2012, 10:22 AM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,604 Posts

Default Avatar

Originally Posted by Alan 71
Hi,
NICE!
That car in my avatar is GS 001.
The little old man is Zora.
He drove 001 around the Carlisle fairgrounds a little on that day in 1993.
You could tell he knew a thing or two about Corvettes!
Regards,
Alan

That's funny! I always assumed that was you!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:43 AM
jesse10886
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very cool thanks for posting all these pics and videos
Old 04-18-2012, 12:44 AM
OUFAN76
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 63Corvette
Cool! Now go to Monterey or other Vintage races and watch them RACE against Ferraris, Cobras and other cars of that period

My wife and I got to go the The Monterey Historics in '02. It was the 50th anniverserey of Corvette celebration. We saw the blue #2 coupe and the dark blue Penske roadster RACING! I could go on and on about everything else that was there, but I don't type that fast and it would take too long. Short list; 2 Grand Sports, Several L88's, CERV, SR2, LeMans winning C5R, Tony DeLorenzo's L88, Manta Ray, 4 Rotor, Mako Shark, Vic Edelbrock's '63 Z06. The prototype cars didn't race, but most of them did parade laps. The C5R did demo laps. It's still unbelievable, and what blew me away the most was the Grand Sports. Was any one else on Corvette Forum there, also? I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but if anyone was, maybe start a new thread? I'd love to swap stories. I've got pix, too, but I'd need some adice about how to post them.

Last edited by OUFAN76; 04-18-2012 at 12:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-18-2012, 09:44 AM
AxerJk
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by OUFAN76

My wife and I got to go the The Monterey Historics in '02. It was the 50th anniverserey of Corvette celebration. We saw the blue #2 coupe and the dark blue Penske roadster RACING! I could go on and on about everything else that was there, but I don't type that fast and it would take too long. Short list; 2 Grand Sports, Several L88's, CERV, SR2, LeMans winning C5R, Tony DeLorenzo's L88, Manta Ray, 4 Rotor, Mako Shark, Vic Edelbrock's '63 Z06. The prototype cars didn't race, but most of them did parade laps. The C5R did demo laps. It's still unbelievable, and what blew me away the most was the Grand Sports. Was any one else on Corvette Forum there, also? I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but if anyone was, maybe start a new thread? I'd love to swap stories. I've got pix, too, but I'd need some adice about how to post them.
No way!! I live not far from the GM Heritage Center, so I've seen the Manta Ray, Mako Shark, Stringray Racer, ect, but I would LOVE to see and hear those cars in motion, even if it's just a parade lap. I must make it to Monterey in my lifetime.

Chris
Old 04-19-2012, 08:56 PM
OUFAN76
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope you get to go sometime. There is a whole weeks worth of events there every year that make it a must-do for any car guy that can swing it. We live in Oklahoma,, but we've gone 4 times. The first time was supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime kind of deal, but it gets in your blood. Heck, man, just the Corvette Corral by itself would have made one of the best car shows ever, by itself.

Quick Reply: Just saw an Original '63 Grand Sport Startup!