Whats the Story behind your C3? - Page 32 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the Story behind your C3?

Old 01-07-2019, 04:09 PM
motogotro

Default Round 2

Bought a 77 automatic that looked really nice but once I got into it I found that it had way too many things wrong with it to make it worth putting back right. Mainly the wrong steering column without the 1 year only windshield wiper switch that costs an arm and a leg to replace if you can even find one. I eventually sold it and kept watching the ads until a really nice 81 4 speed car showed up. With a bit more knowledge about what to look for I took this one home a few days ago. It needs a few minor things but everything works on this one and it runs and drives pretty good. White with a red interior and I got it for $1000 less than I sold the first one for so I'm much happier with where I am now than I was with the first car.

The Following User Says Thank You to motogotro For This Useful Post:
Metalhead140 (01-09-2019)
Old 01-07-2019, 10:03 PM
NRA PACEMKR

Default Falling in Love at 9

When you're little, there's a lot of wonder in the World, but nothing ever matches up to the joy of falling on love with a classic automobile. Of course, at the time I was 9, my love was 10, a 1978 Corvette Indy Pace Car (L48). This past Fall, my Grandfather moved on to his all-time love, a 1955 Ford Thunderbird in Robin Blue, and he gifted me my dream car out of pure love. He had not been driving it, and I would anxiously wait for Springs and Summers to drive her to cruising nights at Dog N' Suds in Northern Illinois, also using her for model shoots, as my occupation is a professional photographer. Many beauties have been with that car, and will continue to pose with her, but from this day forward, I can call her mine, as I look forward to taking her out on the weekends, with the warmer weather coming in about 90 days. My Grandfather owned her for 30 years, and she's still all original, after only having two other owners prior and just under 19K miles. She's a blessing to my garage, I just hate covering her for the Winter.
The Following User Says Thank You to NRA PACEMKR For This Useful Post:
Metalhead140 (01-09-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whats the Story behind your C3?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: