Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the Story behind your C3?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 12:03 PM
jesse10886
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best part of my c3 purchase is that my dad flew out from MO to southern California for two weeks to paint my vette. We stripped it down fixed a few damages areas replaced the front and rear poly clips. Put a 78 spoilered rear Fiberglass bumper on and painted my vette with my dad! It was AWESOME!!! Had a blast hung out in Seal beach for a few days! they have the best pizza joint on earth! Original pizza we would go there have a killer buffalo chicken pizza an watch the bikini bodies! my dad wanted to get a new tattoo and i wanted to get a first tattoo. Well I got my first tattoo with my dad in seal beach California during his trip to paint my vette
My dad got a buzzard on his back which is the family nick name and because I had just finished restoring a 25' sailboat with my father in law a 3year project that we had allot of fun with an sail every time the wind blows. also b/c i love my yamyaha exciter jet boat and running jet skis and fishing boats as a kid with my dad AND for a memory of my great granpas ww2 navy service I got a nautical star

Last edited by jesse10886; 08-14-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:19 PM
rayluka
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan 71
Hi,
I'm afraid that my Corvette story is pretty trite after reading 7T1's post!
Regards,
Alan
you got that right ALAN..ME TOO...And Jesse. I live right here too. Seal beach is my best choice for pizza too. bEEN THERE...MMMM

Last edited by rayluka; 08-30-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:59 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

I have had several vettes but none took the place of a 72 BB ac Convertible I had when I was 17-18,
It took a while but I corrected the mistake of selling it.

My 69 convertible was on Fleabay with no reserve, hailed as a Mako kit, it was just a 69 with 73-79 front clip,
I called the seller who wasnt a vette person, he bought it to save it from devorce wars,
His "buy it now" was almost a steal....

I jumped all over it, the auction was ended and after being jerked around a month from a dolt transporter my 69 was delivered and I was thrilled the car was so much nicer than expected.

So the best thing since, has to be when a member here swapped me the 383 that I had for his 454,

I am happy to say that as far as vettes go I am very happy and comfortable.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:12 AM
straitjacket
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my low budget 81

i got my first c3 just a little over a year ago. it was ruff as a cob but i had to have it. when the newness wore off and i took a harder look it was worse than i initially thought. but it was the body style i wanted and money can fix anything. unfortunately for me money is the one thing i dont have alot of.
after closer inspection i realized my corvette was closer to being a parts car rather than project car. no matter, it was a c3! slowly with the help of ebay and craigslist , i got her back running and driving. now for the paint and interior. she was originally white over red leather, but that was long ago. what i got was buried in grey primer and the sun along with the glass tops cooked the interior as i believe my car sat for quite sometime.
if i restored her back to original id have a nice car with a ton of money invested. i decided to change the color to bite you on the *** orange and i replaced what needed to be replaced on the interior and then dyed it all black. found a beautiful set of centerline wheels in charlotte for 140.00 and i replaced the original alloy wheels. being so far gone from original and the fact it was a white 81 (over 7000 made that year i think) i dont think im hurting the value of the car.
as i said earlier i relied on ebay heavily for parts and even bought my paint there too.putting her back together on a strict budget wasnt easy but it can be done. sorry for the long read. i finally got to take my maiden ride in her last week!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:11 PM
IndispensableSoul
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
Oh, yeah.... That's when you know that they are into cars.

So, I have to tell another little story about Michael:

When he was about 4, I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride in the "blue car". He got a big smile on his face and said "YES!!!" So, I put his car seat in the passenger seat and said he could get in. With that, he got this big sorrowful, sad look on his face and started to sob. I said, "Michael...what's wrong?"

He looked at me with those big sad eyes and said, "I wanna drive!"
That made my heart melt....
Old 09-13-2012, 05:35 PM
IndispensableSoul
Instructor

My Daddy always had old cars around the house every since I was a small girl. I remember he use to have three Triumph Spitfires. My second car was a Nissan(who knows what kind) that he had pieced together using three different ones. lol My Daddy could put anything together. It might not always look professional but he did what he did.. He would always "piddle" in the garage or outside around the house. I guess that is where I get my eagerness of "fixing" things.

Anyways, my Daddy passed away suddenly on August 22nd of this year. Leaving behind myself and my brother. He had two of almost everything including 2 Corvettes a 74 and a 75. He had just finished restoring the 74 for the most part of it and had just started on working on the 75. My brother got the 74 and I brought home the 75.

This is my Daddy... He loved to go fast and had such a drive living life with no limits and how he wanted too with nothing holding him back...

This is the only Spitfire that he had left, that's my daughter helping me clean her up so we could sell it. I just couldn't take on the Corvette and Spitfire and the Corvette was Daddy's baby so I picked her.....

This is the 75, just as Daddy left her.... His tools were still around her and he was in the middle of putting a radio in her...

This is the 74, the one that my brother got...

I never really paid much attention to his Corvettes but now I guess I see them through his eyes because I will not stop till I get our 75 fixed up, just for him!!
Rest In Peace Daddy, I love you......
The following users liked this post:
S1500 (12-30-2021)
Old 09-13-2012, 11:20 PM
ugadog
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

After reading some of these heartwarming, emotion packed stories, I hardly feel that mine is worthy. But here goes anyway …

Fell in love with the blue C2 coupe that my childhood friends and I walked by every day on the way home from school in about 1970. Helped my dad restore a 1938 Oldsmobile Coupe at age 10 (which I later bought from him).

But still kept thinking about that Vette!

Restored a 1959 MGA roadster as my first car at age 15. Our neighbor friends laughed hysterically as we drove in the driveway with no doors, fenders, hood or trunk, which were in the back of my dad's van. $500 of pure junk was gorgeous after my frame on restoration and those friends didn't laugh anymore.

But still wanted the Vette!

Another restoration of a 1966 MG Midget as my second car after selling the MGA to my brother, who still owns it.

Bought a 1971 Cutlass Supreme Convertible in 1988 and did another frame on restore to pristine condition. The Cutlass was an absolute “head turner” that I owned for 13 years and wish I had it back.

Became "practical" with cars for several years, including my current driver, a 2005 Mustang Convertible … red of course.

Decided four years ago that when our youngest daughter graduated college in 2012, we would finally buy the Vette that eluded me all these years. But I was no longer looking for a grueling project car. A 3 year search ensued for a red ragtop, bumper car, hopefully as original as possible. We finally found the right one on craigslist about 20 miles from home after scouring the internet and looking at countless local autos. Our daughter still has 3 months of school left, but we couldn't pass this one up last May. I finally have that Vette after 42 years of waiting and wanting! Loving every minute.
Eric P (02-04-2020)
Old 10-08-2012, 07:08 PM
jsrajca
Intermediate

I was looking for 70 chevelle SS (had one shortly after i got back from nam couldn't afford that and beer) grew up raised a family last son said he was going in the marines, so i spent his college money. Found a 75 stingray 4-spd 350 rebuilt and fast marron t-top.
spent first two years replacing parts and driving it. Wanted a driver. Was replacing the door locks and found on the drivers side behind window a for sale sign with a number. I
used the net and guessed a local area code. Called the number and talked to a lady and her husband if they owned a vette in the past, yes they did and got some history on it that he bought in virgina and did not like the color so he had it painted marron. he worked on it a little then wife said she was with baby and he sold it to a cousin, who worked on it more then lost interest in it. Sat in garage for years, i bought from a fliper.
I live up in the mountains of new york so i am limited to my nice weather, but i drive it like i stoled it. Had it for 7-years and is alot easyier to work on then my newer silverado.
very nat thread thanks John R.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Betty75
2nd Gear

I just purchased my first Corvette in February of 2012, and just typing that makes me smile. For some unexplainable reason, I have wanted one ever since I was around 11 years old. I’m not really sure where this fascination grew from as no one I knew had one growing up. However, this car is proof that love at first sight does in fact exist. I thought it might take much longer, but at the ripe age of 24, I was fortunate enough to put some money together from my first real job out of school and sign the papers.

Some days are more important than others, and I can still remember meeting my future car for the first time. I wasn’t too excited; I’ve looked at plenty before. Every car that I had previously viewed in my price range was a tow truck ride away from the junkyard. Still though, I had to smile as I thought about driving home in my own corvette. In my dream, I’d be wearing cheap sunglasses and I’d put on the playlist I had made years earlier appropriately titled, “Corvette Someday.”

When my father and I arrived, we saw 75’, 4-speed. She had a new(ish) engine that had less than 10k on it according to the owner. The paint was black which looked great from a distant or at night. The interior was red, which Chevy liked to call Oxblood, and frankly, so do I. After my brilliant negotiating, the deal was done. I was just a little naïve to think I could afford a car that could be driven home let alone had a radio that worked.

I truly believe cars are like pets. Everyone has a personality which often times reflects the owner. My 2001 Pontiac Gran Prix was my daily driver at the time. She was a modestly attractive middle aged woman who had enough room for a couple kids a few groceries. I also at one time owned a 1983 Datsun 280zx, which was definitely a teenager. This was due to this car wanting to be driven fast but was very short tempered on actually running. My dad owned a 1970 Volvo P1800 which was an old man, without power steering and crank windows. However, sitting behind this car is just pure attitude. The first time I took her for a drive I stepped out of the car white faced, white knuckled and shaking. She had power. Upon exiting, I even broke the interior door handle off. Door handles or not, she was mine. All she needed now was a name.

After very little thought, she would be called Betty. Not only because she was a black car, and Ram Jam is awesome; No, it would be named after my grandmother.

The previous owners had Betty sitting awhile. The choke didn’t work right, and February gets pretty chilly in New England. However after a couple weeks, my dad did the unthinkable and had the car running with some sort of consistency. After taking it around the neighborhood, I was pleasantly surprised that it ran. However, the backfire that was exaggerated by the performance exhaust the previous owner had put on liked to show up every now and then. After seeing a few neighborhood kids hit the deck as Betty and I drove by, I decided we needed to fix this sooner rather than later.

As everyone here knows, when one owes a classic car which is well past its prime, a large portion of the day is spent imaging all things that can be bought and fixed to restore the car to its once showroom condition. For Betty, this included everything from a paintjob, radio, and miscellaneous interior pieces. And while, the carpet wasn’t as holy as the pope, it needed some attention. Although, the easy way to make the car look better without requiring much effort was to buy some floor mats.

After scouting craigslist a couple of days, I came across a nice set of black floormats with the corvette logo across the top for $25. The seller’s town was only 20min away so after an exchange of emails I would pick them up after work. Upon arriving, we went into his garage the grab the floormats, passing his 2009 Corvette. With the floormats in hand we quickly got to talking about cars and from there about life. Then, right in the middle of story time, this once stranger popped one of the most exciting questions I have ever heard. “Have you ever driven the new style Vette?.” I responded with a perplexed and confused no, which I sure came out muttered and stuttered. Then, just as quickly as I ended my babbling, he responded with three terrific words every little boy wishes he will hear from a stranger he met on craigslist, “You want to?” I proclaimed, “Yeah” and we proceeded to drive down a 50 mph road at 20mph at which time he said I could floor the car. It had enough power to put your head back in your seat and after a few minutes, we turned the car around and headed home. As I was leaving I couldn’t thank him enough for the opportunity. He said it was just one vette owner doing something nice for another. It was at that time I realized I was part of this club, and I liked it.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:09 AM
SuperBuickGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 380 Likes on 267 Posts

I've always liked Corvettes, in fact, I come from a family that owned nothing but GM cars. I'm a bit of a pariah because I've owned a few "other" cars, but for the most part it's GM that runs in my blood.

Why the Corvette. That's easy - anyone ever driven the cars at Disneyland? From my earliest memories, we would make the trek to Disneyland every year - and the highlight was being able to drive the cars.... yep, exciting 3 mph Briggs and Straton powered cars. Those cars are remarkably similar in shape to a C3 Corvette, especially from the driver's seat.

I've now had 2 C3s. The first one was a driving parts car (and eventually became one), that I sold when I went back to post-graduate college. I bought a Buick
started here

ended here

That I used to go beat up on the german imports with - I made it turn and stop very well. It's now in New York having much the same experience with its new owner.
I'd gotten to the point with the Buick that I could either go to IRS, or buy a Corvette... then this gem popped up on Craigslist

originally the plan was to flip it, but when the Buick sold, I was without my own muscle car... so it's stayed and I've been throwing parts at it ever since.

looks like this now

I've blogged my build on it here - something like 300 plus pictures since I bought the car in March 2012.
http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...c-aka-Corvette
Old 10-18-2012, 09:53 PM
GDE8270
Heel & Toe

My story is probably not uncommon. I have been a C3 guy forever. My job requires I travel a lot so I would look through book stores for Corvette related books. Never had enough money. In 1999 our sons were out of college and all of a sudden there was all this money. Three days before graduation my wife had a horse back ridding accident. Talk about a life changing event. Hers was like Christopher Reeves except she landed on the side of her head. Thankfully, there was no permanent damage but eight months in a half body cast we had a lot of time to talk about the future. She is the one that suggested that I quit looking at books and go buy one. So I did and bought my 82 and six months later I bought my BB 70 coupe. I still have both. Life is good! Am I a lucky guy or what?
Old 10-18-2012, 10:30 PM
SuperBuickGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 380 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by GDE8270
My story is probably not uncommon. I have been a C3 guy forever. My job requires I travel a lot so I would look through book stores for Corvette related books. Never had enough money. In 1999 our sons were out of college and all of a sudden there was all this money. Three days before graduation my wife had a horse back ridding accident. Talk about a life changing event. Hers was like Christopher Reeves except she landed on the side of her head. Thankfully, there was no permanent damage but eight months in a half body cast we had a lot of time to talk about the future. She is the one that suggested that I quit looking at books and go buy one. So I did and bought my 82 and six months later I bought my BB 70 coupe. I still have both. Life is good! Am I a lucky guy or what?
you are, even the accident - gave you guys a chance to readjust to your new living situation (no kids)
Old 10-19-2012, 09:10 PM
c3stu
Cruising

Default 1979/80 coupe

I've been putzing with cars for about 15 years. Started with a '51 Suburban which sold at Barrett-Jackson for a nice profit. Had a '62 Nova wagon and '78 MB 450 SLC during that rebuild. Moved into Jaguars and resto/moded a '75 XJ12C and owned a couple of XJSs for a bit. A very talented car guy buddy had a 1980 that he had used as a therapist while his marriage, health and life went down the drain for a number of years. A junk yard beast with a 13 (yes 13) owner history, had caught his eye while scavenging parts. The entire right front side was stuffed clear back to the firewall. With no resources save time and brains he put this CA 305 &^%$ box back together with a '69 Camaro 355, HC heads, cam and shift kit, etc. Cosmetically it was an eyesore. Have towed this car behind him for nearly 20 years and at the end of his finacial rope he sold it to me. With profits for the XJC sale and before my wife could stop me I got a VBP street/slalom kit, Firestone Indy 500s, early wheels and various other little goodies. Still at work on it, trying to retro its appearance to a "stingray" style look. Period paint, some custom chrome moldings etc etc.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:07 PM
TedH
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Default My C3 Story

When I married in '93, I had been riding motorcycles for about 3 years. My new wife never had an interest in riding on the back (fear of wrecking). In May '97, I had given up on getting her to ride on my bikes so I asked, what she would ride on/in so that we could enjoy together. She says 'buy a hot rod'. At the time, I started looking at Camaros and Chevelles but she just kept shaking her head. So, I suggested a vette and, after discussing the pros/cons of the iterations from '68-82, we settled on the 'bubble window' 78-82 era. Not known for power but comfort.

I looked for about six months and while looking, started buying corvette repair manuals to familiarize myself with the C3s. The car I bought had 96k miles but an immaculate paint job. It was mechanically tired but 'all there'. I wanted to work on my vette but had no desire at all to touch the body. This was the perfect candidate. Bought it for $8,300.

I've spent close to $10K in repairs since buying in '97 ($12,500 as of 2013 plus the $8,300 purchase). I've touched practically every (metal) part on the car from the vacuum canister to the rear license tag light assembly. Every suspension part, engine compartment parts, interior, driveline and differential; save for the gas tank. The fuel gauge has always bounced and that may be the final repair I make (someday). I've not done extensive work on the car since the fall of 2004 when I refreshed the interior with a kit from Corvette America. I figured I was 'finished' with most of the mechanical work save for upkeep.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the car since purchase and can't imagine ever selling it. It may sit more than it did when I bought it. I've logged close to 38K miles since purchase in '97 and always enjoy taking it for a spin. the engine, trans and differential have been warmed over to suite me. It is not radical but it is nice to have 225rwhp when the L82 of the same year had that level of performance at the flywheel.

"One thing" I've really enjoyed doing to my C3 is "Making it mine" since purchase. I've removed and replaced a number of major components. The only original pieces on the engine are the block, crank and rods. Everything else I've installed aftermarket; but low-key. I took the time to restore the vacuum systems with pieces from the 'good doctor in CT' and restored the stock ram air system with pieces from him also. The carb was a dealer replacement by a prior owner that could not figure out performance issues. Thankfully, it is a service unit. I had Lars rebuild it back around 2002. I replaced the rams-horn exhaust with a Jet-hot coated pair of 68301 (AIR compatible) Hedmann headers with the '99 engine rebuild. Duals, h-pipe and dynomax super turbo mufflers came after. The TH350 started slipping around 2002 and I opted for a Bow-Tie Overdrives 700R4 kit. Had the drive shaft shortened for the 700R4. Installed 3.54 Spicer gears into an NOS carrier I bought off eBay for $425. Gear shop verified the unit had never been used as the blue paint had never been worn from the ring gear face. Same shop handled the 3.54 blueprint. I purchased brake calipers, rotors, and had rebuilt half-shafts and t-arm/spindle rebuilds by Van Steel. Vette Brakes and Products got the nod for front rubber replacement suspension pieces summer of '97 and then Poly-adjustable Rear Strut rods, Spring bolts/bushings and even the rebuilt power steering system. I've done most of the removal/install work save for the engine rebuild in '99 and all blueprinting.

Save for the 700R4/3.54's swap, my most significant change is just wrapping up. I'm installing a Comp retro-roller cam conversion. In the process, I've had the DART Iron Eagle 180cc heads rebuilt (with the Comp spring parts), Comp Ultra Pro Magnum rockers, new damper, motor mounts, timing cover, ARP fasteners, seals, and detailed the entire top end. I'm keeping the duration at 272 but boosting the lift and improving breathing with the roller's ramps.

The 700R4 is leaking from the speedo unit in the tail shaft and that will need attention after I have the car on the street again.

1/4/2015:
Following the retro roller conversion, I started chasing oil leaks/consumption. As it stands today, I still consume oil. I was able to reduce it somewhat during the roller conversion (head refresh) and by installing dressed Fel-Pro 1204 gaskets and a new 2101 intake in place of the 3701. I say 'dressed' since I applied Permatex gasket dressing on all surfaces of head, intake and the gaskets themselves. I felt it was sucking oil into the cylinder head runners as the gaskets were soaked of oil. I verified (as much as I could) that the cyl heads were not significantly shaved from the latest rebuild. Shop said no more than .002" to resurface. I've also replaced the timing cover (Canton) and oil pan (Milodon 30701) and new 1-piece fel-pro oil pan gasket to seal up the bottom of the engine. Also, I replaced the circular gasket on the oil cap on valve cover (used a 2nd distributor gasket to apply more pressure to the existing seal). So, it doesn't LEAK oil but I still consume it. I suspect rings and have bought a leak-down tester to make that final test this spring. If it proves rings, I'll get a fresh short block and put my top end and roller conversion on it. Will go with an 80-85, 2-pc RMS, 4-bolt block from a rebuild house.

Also following the roller conversion, I made some interior updates (new leather/carpets in 2004) with a custom (black) speaker box housing 6x9 triaxials and a new Kenwood 40x4 AM/FM/CD unit with iPod/USB. I have about 50GB of tunes (about 10,000 songs), mostly 60-70-80's ROCK (fave) and I wanted to be able to play those tunes through the stereo on long drives. I even put a new steering wheel in it with a fresh center cap/flags and replaced the rear gas cap emblem. Shod it with a new pair of (Cooper) Mastercraft Avenger G/T 255/60R15's on rear summer of 2013 and will put a fresh pair on front in 2015 (Good Years are turning 10 yrs in 2015).

This has been my first & last C3. Leased a 2001 and owned a '69 L46 for a spell from 2005 to 2008. But, neither car ever was MINE as much as the '80 L48 is today. Everything about the car is ME. I've kept some parts from the orig car but most are long gone... who would really want them save for somebody seeking NCRS? As others have said, the 80-82's are just really nice C3s and not likely to ever be collectable unless low-mileage survivors (IMO). That suits me as I don't have to worry about wrecking my car and losing all of that value... just lose the $$$ I have in it in parts and sweat

2012:
I plan a final 'encore' when I retire in 10-12 years: full repaint and engine/suspension refresh. May even go the 'rotisserie' route and go for an LS drivetrain conversion. The body has its share of nicks and scratches since '97 purchase but I hope to be able to do the damage touch-up, priming and sanding myself. Hoping to enlist a shop for shooting the color; may go with the original Claret shade but newer paint technology (whatever that is when that day comes).

Last edited by TedH; 01-04-2015 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:02 AM
Memvette427
Instructor

My '68 427 convertible was originally green with standard black interior... I got it out of Michigan where it spent a hard life. When I got it the rear fenders were flared, it had an L88 hood, American Racing mag wheels and no headlight buckets or bumpers... She was living a hard life as a drag racer... But after much time, $$$ and effort, I got it back to this... The worst part is after I got the chassis restored the place I had the body shell stored had a fire and the body was burned! now I don't know what to do! I either plan on stripping the birdcage or finding a donor car... either way, im gonna get her back on the road one day!!

Old 10-25-2012, 10:54 AM
buckhorn 76
Advanced

i bought my white 76 from a friend about a year ago.i was looking for some sort of affordable ride after a long absence from the hobby.my last nice ride was a 75 trans am i sold 30 years ago.anyway,my buddy was selling off his collection and had this 76 in storage for 17 years.it is a pretty decent survivor driver and after the usual long term storage issues were addressed,plus a broken diff.cover[another story]it was on the road.i am restoring it as i drive it and enjoying every minute.i don't really have a specific best moment because they're all good !!! doug p.s.can't wait till april.
CarterDawson (10-31-2022)
Old 10-27-2012, 03:36 PM
walcho
Heel & Toe

In 88,i was coming from France for testing an Audi Transam in Sebring after Saint-Petersburg race( as journalist for a french magazine).
But in the same time, my idea was to buy a Corvette .
I did not found what i was looking for in a garage , but follwing a beautifull dark blue with red interior 79 , with "for sale" on the windows.
24 years later , i still own this vette !!!
Sleeping in my garage in Paris .Running sometimes .
Looking good .Running well.
Only two things : final ratio is too short.And the automatic gearbox leaks...
Also steering could be more precise !

Get notified of new replies

To Whats the Story behind your C3?

Old 10-27-2012, 08:58 PM
66L36Coupe
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default My Barn (garage...) find

1970 ZR1 barn find...

(garage find, more accurately...)

They're still out there!

Here's the story as published in Corvette Fever...

http://www.corvettefever.com/feature...1/viewall.html

Last edited by 66L36Coupe; 01-27-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:23 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I got mine for free. A tenant owed me money and I took this POS as partial payment. Got it home on 7 cylinders. Knew nothing about restoration. 16 years later I have a $50K custom that I'll pass on to my son's. This car has inspired at least 4 neighbors that I know of to buy Vette's and another neighbor to get into the car hobby with model T's.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:00 AM
raag2
2nd Gear

thanks for sharing i like this post....

Quick Reply: Whats the Story behind your C3?