Sponsored by:

Pet peeve.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Trae1976
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroh
As for the little models... What kinda oil do you think they run?
More importantly, in 1:25 scale, is an '82 still a Stingray?
Old 05-25-2012, 01:42 PM
efather
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm would a lil rubber stingray (the fish) count as a distraction also? just something that I saw at the cars for coffee here in the area.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:01 PM
gq82
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

There was a guy that would attend certain shows and cruise ins with his Cadillac Eldorado. He would roll out a red carpet and drive the car on it. He then would place urns w/fake flowers at each corner and run red velvet theater rope around the car. He would place a placard in front giving all the vital statistics and claiming it was an exact duplicate of a car Frank Sinatra and the rat pack drove back in the day....lastly he would play Frank Sinatra songs from a boom box. He never stayed with the car....he would walk away and watch from a distance. Just to tick him off I would walk by and never even glance at the car.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Roco71
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gq82
There was a guy that would attend certain shows and cruise ins with his Cadillac Eldorado. He would roll out a red carpet and drive the car on it. He then would place urns w/fake flowers at each corner and run red velvet theater rope around the car. He would place a placard in front giving all the vital statistics and claiming it was an exact duplicate of a car Frank Sinatra and the rat pack drove back in the day....lastly he would play Frank Sinatra songs from a boom box. He never stayed with the car....he would walk away and watch from a distance. Just to tick him off I would walk by and never even glance at the car.
Its all about presentation you know.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:29 PM
79vetter
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I brought my 160 lb. dog (Mastiff) to a car show once and he ended up pissing on one of those stuffed animals by someone's car...I thought it was funny - the owner was not nearby...
Old 05-25-2012, 02:50 PM
hdpete98
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

So you care what other people do, why???
Old 05-25-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Why did I read this thread?

Seriously...if someone putting a year-correct dealer promo model with their car in a show bothers you that much, just stay home and please don't go out in public.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:22 PM
hdpete98
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by I'm Batman

Seriously...if someone putting a year-correct dealer promo model with their car in a show bothers you that much, just stay home and please don't go out in public.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:56 PM
kenpofan
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by I'm Batman

Old 05-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Aflac
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In 5, 6 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

the ones that irritate me are the people that let their kids run through the cars or worse yet, ride their bikes through... that makes for a neurotic person!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:46 PM
golfradict
Burning Brakes

I just HAD to post this here

Old 05-26-2012, 12:24 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Aflac
the ones that irritate me are the people that let their kids run through the cars or worse yet, ride their bikes through... that makes for a neurotic person!

Cost me a M1131 passenger top two summers ago. Little **** stepped on it and the mother then had the nerve to give me drama.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:05 AM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by golfradict
I just HAD to post this here

Thanks golfradict....looks good, thats a cool little pad the mini sits on.....just not at the show please......
Old 05-27-2012, 01:07 AM
thegavel
Pro

Originally Posted by efather
hmm would a lil rubber stingray (the fish) count as a distraction also? just something that I saw at the cars for coffee here in the area.
I've got a fluffy Stingray mascot ("Ray-ray") that goes in my '74.
But this is just showing off......
Old 05-27-2012, 02:42 PM
VISLEGIS
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not understand why some people will not clean out their cars before showing them. I have seen trash, drink containers, CDs, and other items scattered throughout the interior of some cars at shows. If I showed my car, I would want everything neat and uncluttered.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by briankeery

Cost me a M1131 passenger top two summers ago. Little **** stepped on it and the mother then had the nerve to give me drama.
OK, I'll bite...why was your glass top on the ground?
Old 05-27-2012, 03:22 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

My lovely wife had left a flat satchel under the top in the back of the car, and I had to take it out to get to it(the satchel). I was parked on grass at a fairground - in fact parked in a fenced in corner, so figured I could set it on the grass for 30 seconds, since nothing was behind me. I had no sooner set it down, when a passerby's two rugrats appeared chasing each other around the cars parked around us. The one chased the other one right by me, they circled around the back of my car, and stepped directly on my t-top cracking it almost in two. When the mother of these two wonderful children was confronted about reimbursing me for my troubles I was told, "If you didn't want people to look at it, why'd you bring it?" When the issue was pressed, her redneck boyfriend wanted to start WWIII, and the rent-a-cop security guard was also useless. I took camera photos of them and showed them to my local provincial police force officers, who said there was nothing they could do!!!! Long story short, a Canadian forum member had a NOS passenger top that had sat in his basement for 30 years that he let me have for $400.......lesson learned.

Get notified of new replies

To Pet peeve.......

Old 05-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Okay, you convinced me, I'm going to get a little "mini me" corvette that is the spitting image of my corvette, go to a car show and put it on the air cleaner.

I looked at buying one a year or so ago but decided it wasn't worth the $50, but hey, if I can wind people like you up for $50 its well worth it.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by briankeery
My lovely wife had left a flat satchel under the top in the back of the car, and I had to take it out to get to it(the satchel). I was parked on grass at a fairground - in fact parked in a fenced in corner, so figured I could set it on the grass for 30 seconds, since nothing was behind me. I had no sooner set it down, when a passerby's two rugrats appeared chasing each other around the cars parked around us. The one chased the other one right by me, they circled around the back of my car, and stepped directly on my t-top cracking it almost in two. When the mother of these two wonderful children was confronted about reimbursing me for my troubles I was told, "If you didn't want people to look at it, why'd you bring it?" When the issue was pressed, her redneck boyfriend wanted to start WWIII, and the rent-a-cop security guard was also useless. I took camera photos of them and showed them to my local provincial police force officers, who said there was nothing they could do!!!! Long story short, a Canadian forum member had a NOS passenger top that had sat in his basement for 30 years that he let me have for $400.......lesson learned.
Ouch! That's the sort of bad luck that I would have...
Old 05-28-2012, 05:27 PM
mxz800
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really don’t want to start a war but I got to ask why would anyone want to park their corvette in a field or parking lot all day? There is a big (well big for Maine) car show I went once years ago the people I saw were “Look at me I have a better car then you”

I prefer to just take my car out for a drive, if someone says nice car I just say thanks. I have to laugh when I have my ugly car a 88 Mustang 4 banger convertible out when someone says I love your car. Hey maybe I should enter my mustang next year??

Quick Reply: Pet peeve.......