Sponsored by:

Well....I got my interior out...!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 08:52 AM
MrJlr
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Willcox Corvette
I missed it that the car was at... I have zero on the shelf but 6 coming on on Thursday.

http://willcoxcorvette.com/product_i...ducts_id=27247

Thank you ! Just ordered it....and a lens set for my gauges!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:59 PM
nearflack
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Default dash replacement

Originally Posted by TWINRAY
Getting the dash back was the worst job I've done so far - and that includes body mounts and trailing arm shims/bushings. Good luck

ps. I'm still looking for my TH400 "push button" from the top of the shifter rod.
I agree, just got my new dash installed and the cutout for the speedometer tach cluster is really tight. Speedometer cable is so short I have to figure a way to get my hand up behind and hook it back up then on to the console center gauge cluster. New dash isnt pre-drilled so getting all the holes in the right place has been a real challenge as well, especially the glove box door. Slowly getting their just hope everything works when I fire it up!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:49 PM
mbchaney
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting photos. Not knowing the history of my car, I enjoy seeing others and comparing details.

In January, I started the same process, however I did not know that I would end up pulling everything out. I was having some electrical problems so I decided to have a look under the console... I discovered an electrical "birds nest". Next thing I knew I was ripping everything out only to uncover more rigs.

I was able to resolve all my electrical issues, but every piece of my interior had some sort of flaw(s). Being a little OCD, I couldn't put back any of the misaligned, misshapen, cracked, scratched or discolored interior pieces.

OCD + No Budget = Vette with no interior, still.

Well, that's not really the end result. I may create a new thread to explain my progress.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:55 AM
nearflack
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mbchaney
Thanks for posting photos. Not knowing the history of my car, I enjoy seeing others and comparing details.

In January, I started the same process, however I did not know that I would end up pulling everything out. I was having some electrical problems so I decided to have a look under the console... I discovered an electrical "birds nest". Next thing I knew I was ripping everything out only to uncover more rigs.

I was able to resolve all my electrical issues, but every piece of my interior had some sort of flaw(s). Being a little OCD, I couldn't put back any of the misaligned, misshapen, cracked, scratched or discolored interior pieces.

OCD + No Budget = Vette with no interior, still.

Well, that's not really the end result. I may create a new thread to explain my progress.
Keep us posted. I had my dismantled for about a year. Forgot where some things go back, thank god for AIM. Its not the be all end all but it helps. This forum is really helpful. Research a problem with electric windows today.

Quick Reply: Well....I got my interior out...!