Sponsored by:

Front bumperettes & windshield trim color matched

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Hadez
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Front bumperettes & windshield trim color matched

Went for a slightly different look with the bumperettes. I like the clean lines of a single chrome bumper across the front and while it may not be everybody's taste it is something different. This blends well with the windshield trim I have also color matched to the body

Windshield trim

Lastly...I busted an upper link on my dragvette setup road course racing (only $650 in damages being $550 for new tire...got lucky) a few weeks ago but its all back together again and I was at Sebring Racetrack this past weekend with the NCM MIM HPDE event.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:25 AM
HOOAH
1969/1971/1976 Coupes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

That is very nice looking. You're right, the single strip of chrome across the front adds a different touch to the look. I like it!

Terry
Old 04-02-2013, 11:29 AM
qwank
Le Mans Master

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

i like it a lot
Old 04-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Sully1882
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i like it, looks smooth and sweet
Old 04-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Texas69
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good but you need to black out the door handles and key hole.. also would consider glassing the front and rear reflector lights as they greatly detract from the clean lines and stick out.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Hadez
Drifting

If only I had more patience to go through those kind of modifications.

I would be interesting making the body completely smoothed from the parking lamps, etc
Old 04-02-2013, 07:00 PM
riggs 74
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice touches on an already beautiful car.

So how does the car handle the road race coarse? Is the LS over powering the rear tires when you're aggressive with the throttle through the curves, catching you off guard as if the rear wants to drift around the corner?
I am gathering all my parts and prices now to flare the car and run a 12" wheel wrapped with 335 tires because the car has no grip with the current 285's. I'm looking to get as much of the power to the ground as possible with out having to deal with the unexpected wheel spin.

Riggs
Old 04-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Hadez
Drifting

I need to work on the suspension a LOT more. Trying to maintain a very low ride height and have reasonable suspension travel is proving challenging. Simple answer is to raise it, but then I don't have that low & wide look that I get a ton of compliments on.

I had to get a new trans and torque converter. New trans came from RPM trans and it shifts freaking awesome. So slicky smooth & quick you can't feel the shifts at all. Never thought a simple 4L60 trans could feel so smooth. The torque converter I went with is a Circle D dual stage/disc lockup. It locks under WOT & cruising. I run 30mins at a time on the road course and was generating way too much heat from WOT slippage of the TC so with the dual disc lookup at WOT it eliminates some of the heat.

I do have some "fun" videos of me at the auto-x track doing crazy donughts and 360* & 720*, etc. Yeah...its way too easy to over power the rear tires. I plan to be at the drag stip on Sunday.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:44 PM
riggs 74
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Would love to see those vidieo's, maybe in a seperate thread. Sounds like you have been having a little fun with the car, it's about time with all that you been through with it.

The suppention is one of things I'm am reworking after I vist two car shows in earily may, then I will be adding my already purchased VPB front and rear daul mount fiberglass springs and SPC fully adjustable upper control arms for more caster at the front. I am also going to cut the rear differential crossmember and recess the differential into the cross member by about an inch to try regain the proper angle on the rear half shafts through the travel of the rear suppention. Hopefully this will make the car handle better through the curves.

Again, I would love to see KAOS in action with these videos you speak of. Was this recorded with the GoPro camera? I'm hoping to get some more video of my ride in action some time soon.

Riggs
Old 04-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Redwing01
Burning Brakes

2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Wow...
Looks pretty bad ***, great job!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Jay71
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

awesome ! I love the black windshield trim.

Get notified of new replies

To Front bumperettes & windshield trim color matched

Quick Reply: Front bumperettes & windshield trim color matched