Sponsored by:

76 Valve cover color

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 07:28 AM
jdenn47
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 76 Valve cover color

I would like to paint my valve covers and would like to know what color and brand aluminum spray paint is correct for the original color?
The engine is the L82.
Thanks,

John
Old 06-21-2013, 07:48 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Originally Posted by jdenn47
I would like to paint my valve covers and would like to know what color and brand aluminum spray paint is correct for the original color?
The engine is the L82.
Thanks,

John
To the best of my knowledge , the covers are not painted. They're a natural finish, aluminum valve cover. My suggestion would be to glass bead blast the area between the raised fins, and use Mothers, Simichrome, or Blue Magic metal polish on the smooth areas of the covers. If bead blasting isn't a practical solution, then a non corrosive cleaner and a tooth brush could be used on the "as cast" areas.....
Old 06-21-2013, 09:40 AM
oldschoolvette
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
To the best of my knowledge , the covers are not painted. They're a natural finish, aluminum valve cover. My suggestion would be to glass bead blast the area between the raised fins, and use Mothers, Simichrome, or Blue Magic metal polish on the smooth areas of the covers. If bead blasting isn't a practical solution, then a non corrosive cleaner and a tooth brush could be used on the "as cast" areas.....

Get notified of new replies

To 76 Valve cover color

Quick Reply: 76 Valve cover color