Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any hints on fixing this ttop leak?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 09:36 PM
7vette6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any hints on fixing this ttop leak?

I have brand new 76' ttop weather stripping on my 77' (long story) and it must be slightly different than a 77' because I get leaks from these corners on both ttops. I have tried adjusting the mounting tabs and adding some silicone to the weatherstripping but nothing seems to stop the water when it rains or is washed.

anyone have any clever ideas i can use without buying the new weather stripping? (I dont care what the bottom of the ttop ends up looking like)
Old 07-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Bagpype
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

First off, where did you get the weather stripping? There are many differing qualities of this stuff out there. If I were you, Id go to Willcox and get the correct, good quality t-top weather stripping and start over. It sucks, but it sure beats a silicone mess and wet seats. Were you careful in putting them on? Was all the old glue removed and surface clean? Did you use the correct weatherstrip glue? Did you follow the glue instructions on cure time?
Old 07-07-2013, 12:35 PM
7vette6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a full set from supersoft weather stripping. i think i found it on corvette central. But the problem wasnt my installation. The weather stripping just doesnt make contact with the metal trim in those 4 corners.

Get notified of new replies

To any hints on fixing this ttop leak?

Quick Reply: any hints on fixing this ttop leak?