Received 3,219 Likes on 1,731 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist
2020 C3 of the Year Winner - Modified

Old 08-10-2018, 06:08 AM
JasonAndrew
Safety Car

Received 270 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by briankeery
There aught a be a law against that, car abuse/ car neglect. Report the owner and they take the car to a "good home".
there aught to be a law against people trying to buy somebody's car when it isn't for sale. I'm sure you all are lowballing these owners too.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:40 PM
SKT
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 08-14-2018, 01:28 AM
naramlee
Burning Brakes

Received 156 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndrew
there aught to be a law against people trying to buy somebody's car when it isn't for sale. I'm sure you all are lowballing these owners too.
I tried to buy my first C3 from a guy that had it parked outside under a tree, no motor, no tranny...paint was shot, only thing was the fiberglass was in OK shape and the glass was good, L-48

he wanted 6k

6-8 years later, tree limbs had taken out the glass... interior now shot to hell... offered him 1200.00 for it... said he'd meet me halfway at 2500.00... 6 months later the tree fell on it and they cut it up with a chop saw
Old 08-14-2018, 03:59 PM
Nicky B
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I love seeing derelict cars, the more I like the car the better I like to see it all rusted out, they are like works of art to me.

Nick
Old 08-14-2018, 07:55 PM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,278 Likes on 3,915 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Nicky B
I love seeing derelict cars, the more I like the car the better I like to see it all rusted out, they are like works of art to me.

Nick
You need help Nick.
Old 08-15-2018, 04:52 AM
Nicky B
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rescue Rogers
You need help Nick.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:30 AM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 756 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by maverickmk

Bus find..........
The following users liked this post:
Metalhead140 (08-22-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 07:25 AM
The Phantom
Drifting

Received 585 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by theandies
Bus find..........
That just has to be the ultimate 2 for 1!!

Dave
Old 08-15-2018, 09:30 AM
SPCL FX
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by The Phantom
That just has to be the ultimate 2 for 1!!

Dave
And the most baffling!

How did did they get that in there ?

Old 08-15-2018, 10:43 AM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,283 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by SPCL FX

And the most baffling!

How did did they get that in there ?

Easy. Old school bus makes a great car transporter. Just need ramps.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:32 AM
SPCL FX
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by jv04
Easy. Old school bus makes a great car transporter. Just need ramps.
Yes , I see that they have it inside, and if that bus runs you can transport it most anywhere that is if say you wanted to go from the east coast to the west coast at about 45 mph !

But , my original question is how did they get it inside the bus ?

If you look at that picture there is an emergency exit door that would be too small to put that car thru !

The front passenger door will not allow for a car to go thru !

The back of the bus does not look like it is hinged to allow for ramps to be placed so it could be driven inside !

It doesn't appear that the roof was removed or the windows!

I dont know , maybe the put in the wrong coordinates in the transport and it materialized inside the bus instead of the garage the bus was parked next to !
Old 08-16-2018, 10:59 AM
BigBlock77
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

That's it! Scotty was just off on his coordinates. LOL
SPCL FX (08-19-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 11:58 AM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,278 Likes on 3,915 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by SPCL FX

Yes , I see that they have it inside, and if that bus runs you can transport it most anywhere that is if say you wanted to go from the east coast to the west coast at about 45 mph !

But , my original question is how did they get it inside the bus ?

If you look at that picture there is an emergency exit door that would be too small to put that car thru !

The front passenger door will not allow for a car to go thru !

The back of the bus does not look like it is hinged to allow for ramps to be placed so it could be driven inside !

It doesn't appear that the roof was removed or the windows!

I dont know , maybe the put in the wrong coordinates in the transport and it materialized inside the bus instead of the garage the bus was parked next to !
Im guessing you never built a ship in a bottle. Its a secret how its done, If you had I would pass along the info..........
SPCL FX (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 04:18 PM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Found on Craigslist..$6,000 and says it only needs a carburetor!!!

Old 08-16-2018, 05:56 PM
BlueL82
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

During the winter I drove through Indiana and saw a vette off the highway. Drove by the same place in the summer, still in the exact same spot, outside. I was able to get a picture:
Old 08-17-2018, 11:02 PM
naramlee
Burning Brakes

Received 156 Likes on 139 Posts

I hate this thread.... it just makes me so mad

Get notified of new replies

To Makes Me Want To Cry

Old 08-18-2018, 02:44 AM
Z06LMB
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by maverickmk
That's the biggest part that bothers me. If you're just going to let it rot out in the open like that, let someone that wants to try and save it instead of letting it fade away. I hate the "I'm gonna' fix it up someday"
I’ve been a collector of fine art and fine period furnishings for more than 30 years and I know what makes owners go down with the ship, metaphorically speaking.

You will alway find that when there is minimal invested, there is minimal interest to sell. These cars you see shrouded by over growth, junk and trash filled were nearly always acquired for very little, gifted or even a past daily driver that broke down with hopes of getting back to it when the time is right. If the owner has it in mind that car is worth $50,000 fixed up (and the owner believes it will only cost a few thousand to be worth $50K) your offer, your education on the subject will meet with rejection. Even though your offer maybe the best they could ever hope for, since that amount (whatever it may be) won’t make any measurable difference in their life, they will always pass. To these people, time stands still. The damage has been done, they don’t reason it could be much worse than it is right now, so there goes any need to sell while there is something left to salvage.

Now look at the active collector, the broker or a car dealer. They seldom find cars for little to nothing. They can buy a car for $30,000 and flip it fast for a clearing $5,000 profit all day long. Successful new car dealers have built empires over this simple pricnciple. Brokers can be very happy seeing 15% or better on moving a volume of cars and collectors take cars to the auction Rolling the dice in hopes of double digit profits, but netting a few thousand when things just don’t go their way is counteda as a win.
In short, when you have a sizable investment to protect, Time is not always on your side. The cost of the money needed to stay afloat, the maintenance bills grow with time and the carrying charges such as insurance, storage and upgrades when needed are all motivating factors to sell while the iron is hot.

Over the years my best purchases were made with professional dealers and collectors who were likely to have made very prudent acquisitions but need to move money into new inventory to keep interest up and customers returning.

Last edited by Z06LMB; 08-18-2018 at 02:50 AM.
Bikespace (08-18-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 11:49 AM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by naramlee
I hate this thread.... it just makes me so mad
HA- makes me feel sorta like when my wife looks at the dog rescues on Facebook....I wanna save them all too!!!

Richard
Old 08-18-2018, 05:26 PM
Bikespace
Le Mans Master

Received 3,146 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06LMB

I’ve been a collector of fine art and fine period furnishings for more than 30 years and I know what makes owners go down with the ship, metaphorically speaking.

You will alway find that when there is minimal invested, there is minimal interest to sell. These cars you see shrouded by over growth, junk and trash filled were nearly always acquired for very little, gifted or even a past daily driver that broke down with hopes of getting back to it when the time is right. If the owner has it in mind that car is worth $50,000 fixed up (and the owner believes it will only cost a few thousand to be worth $50K) your offer, your education on the subject will meet with rejection. Even though your offer maybe the best they could ever hope for, since that amount (whatever it may be) won’t make any measurable difference in their life, they will always pass. To these people, time stands still. The damage has been done, they don’t reason it could be much worse than it is right now, so there goes any need to sell while there is something left to salvage.

Now look at the active collector, the broker or a car dealer. They seldom find cars for little to nothing. They can buy a car for $30,000 and flip it fast for a clearing $5,000 profit all day long. Successful new car dealers have built empires over this simple pricnciple. Brokers can be very happy seeing 15% or better on moving a volume of cars and collectors take cars to the auction Rolling the dice in hopes of double digit profits, but netting a few thousand when things just don’t go their way is counteda as a win.
In short, when you have a sizable investment to protect, Time is not always on your side. The cost of the money needed to stay afloat, the maintenance bills grow with time and the carrying charges such as insurance, storage and upgrades when needed are all motivating factors to sell while the iron is hot.

Over the years my best purchases were made with professional dealers and collectors who were likely to have made very prudent acquisitions but need to move money into new inventory to keep interest up and customers returning.

This is one of the truest things I've ever seen on this forum. I don't have nearly the experience you do, but I have encountered this. Thanks for putting this observation into words!

Quick Reply: Makes Me Want To Cry