C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All original 1970 LT-1 coupe, 36k miles - value?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 07:37 PM
davidchristopher
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BHap
Helping a friend figure out a price to put on a one owner, 1970 LT-1 coupe. Yellow, black pinstripes on hood, black leather interior. Car has original engine, paint, interior. This car was purchased new and maintained by 1 fanatical owner. Pricing ideas appreciated. The car will be for sale but for now trying to determine the "asking price".

Car located in Western PA area. Thanks for your help.

Bob
Well, price is determined by how much someone is willing to pay for it- so...

$100.00.

Oh, what's the address again?
Old 05-11-2014, 12:46 AM
Scott's 73
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It seems like this post went from... what is the LT1 worth to which is better, an LT1 or some other C3. To get back to the question at hand, I think you should look at what you can get for your car in today's market. spend some time looking on other sites to see what LT1's are going for and take in consideration the low mileage and condition of the car and then set your price to be some what competitive.
Just my 2 cents.
Scott
Old 08-24-2014, 02:21 AM
66L36Coupe
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LT-1 kid
LS4 is right, the LT-1s are not bringing big money anymore. I think some folks realize that the 69, 350-350 is a better performer for less money.
I've owned both a '69 L46 and a '70 lt1. The L46's lifters will float before the LT1 is done pulling - and it's then the LT1 will walk away.
There's just way more top-end on the LT1. The wider power band will pull farther and faster than the L46.

I love the L46. It's a great all-around street performer. But it's not going to take an LT1 all other things being equal.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:26 AM
LT-1 kid
Melting Slicks

Received 244 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by 66L36Coupe
I've owned both a '69 L46 and a '70 lt1. The L46's lifters will float before the LT1 is done pulling - and it's then the LT1 will walk away.
There's just way more top-end on the LT1. The wider power band will pull farther and faster than the L46.

I love the L46. It's a great all-around street performer. But it's not going to take an LT1 all other things being equal.
in all reality the power band on the L46 is wider but lower, the LT-1 power band is more narrow but higher, both cars are even 1/4 mile. but LT-1 is a better track car, also had both and both are very good motors.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:47 AM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Received 568 Likes on 445 Posts

Default Sell it on ebay.

IMHO, Suggest you sell it on ebay.

That way, the market determines the selling price not you. Ebay has access to a huge number of national plus international buyers looking for a 1970 LT-1 Corvette.

Include:
*Honest appraisal of good and bad
*lots of photos, max allowed and links to more, great photo backgrounds, no tool chests or garbage cans, you want parks, mountains, postcard backgrounds
*long run, think 10 days is max
*no reserve
*starting price, the minimum you would take for it, check other ebay 70 LT-1 prices, maybe 25 to 29K to start
*History of Corvette plus documents
*I also do a money back guarantee if the winning bidder is not happy, some do not want to run the risk of getting stuck with listing fee, to me the benefits outweigh the possible expense.
*Sorry non US buyers
*Acceptable bidders must have a 100% positive feedback and 100 transactions minimum (or pick a number you like)

Look at successful "completed" ebay Corvette listings and you can get some good ideas of what a great ad looks like. If you decide to list on ebay, put the link in the C3 for sale section for us

As others have said, things are only worth what you can find a buyer willing to pay. So you have got to get your advertising to the largest potential number of buyers as possible.

Hope this might help and good luck with the sale.

Quick Reply: All original 1970 LT-1 coupe, 36k miles - value?