Vintage Cars Club of Castle Rock

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 08:31 PM
MakoJoe
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Vintage Cars Club of Castle Rock

Hi all,

Our Car Club Vintage Car Club of Castle Rock had our annual car show today in beautiful downtown Castle Rock so thought I would share a few pictures. We beat last years record of 268 cars and had 309 cars entered today. The town of Castle Rock CO graciously shutdown 3 of the main streets through town for our annual car show. We Rocked the Town of Castle Rock this year with 309 entries which beat last years of 268 then had the town shut down an extra street to fit the extra cars

It was an awesome day and I made the mistake of volunteering for the show. They were like Joe's a computer guy by trade let's ask him to do it. So they asked me to lead a team than input all the registration and vote tallying in excel spreadsheets this year. It went very smooth because I had a good team of people under me and assisting with the data input. I took on the final responsibility of the Tallying of Votes and had it ready before the Awards Ceremony. It went into Crunch Time right at the end because we had a Thunderstorm blowing in from the mountains and had to move the awards ceremony an hour early. The town was almost completely cleared before the Storm hit 2 hours after the Awards Ceremony.

I took a lot of pictures today and was able to get out and about during the show for about 2 hours in between my duties of organizing my team since we were very organized and had lots of help this year. I figure you cannot work it all day long without getting out and enjoying the show I had a really great team under me and we got everything done ahead of schedule so we could all enjoy the show. We were able to take breaks and wonder around quite a bit

Of course I had to add in a photo of my 1977 Corvette which I entered into the Stock Class with just over 46,000 original miles on it.

Last edited by MakoJoe; 06-14-2014 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Rky Mtn C6
Le Mans Master

Received 886 Likes on 375 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C7 of the Year Finalist -- Modified

I would have been there, but work got in the way. It really sucks working weekends some times.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:33 PM
MakoJoe
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rky Mtn C6
I would have been there, but work got in the way. It really sucks working weekends some times.
Well I cannot say it sucked to work this weekend since I worked the Show When I work weekends or evenings it is always computer problem or upgrades related then stressful

Get notified of new replies

To Vintage Cars Club of Castle Rock

Quick Reply: Vintage Cars Club of Castle Rock