Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great thing about Car Clubs

Old 06-21-2014, 09:17 PM
MakoJoe
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Great thing about Car Clubs

It is a great thing to be a member of a car club. it is only open to the public twice a year then a few more times car clubs can come in and visit the collection. This one of many reasons I joined a car club. The other is so I can participate in the yearly car show and help my club simplify stuff in the future as a Computer Dude. Already Simplified our yearly car show and it took less time to tally votes this year than any other year in the past.

Today our club joined a few other clubs to visit the Stephen Tebo Private collection of 385 cars in his private collection. We were all drooling over all the cars and they have 4 full time staff to manage the collection. Every car in this collection gets driven about every 90 days to keep them fresh and in working order. The curator of collection gets to drive a different car every day to his house and back which is about a 10 miles each way. I took over 180 pictures of this collection today and will share some of them with you.

Web links to the collection are here plus a few pictures.

http://www.boulderrealestatenews.com...ar-collection/

Old 06-21-2014, 09:20 PM
MakoJoe
Burning Brakes

Hope you all enjoyed them as much as I did. Wish I could share more but it would take pages to get all 186 photos I took today
Old 06-21-2014, 10:39 PM
ddawson
Le Mans Master

Received 597 Likes on 485 Posts

Man that late 70's Camaro brings back memory's. My very 1st cars was a 75.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:03 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 546 Likes on 374 Posts

This looks like a similar collection at the John Wayne Airport in Newport Beach, Ca. A big building west of the end of the runway. Many of the cars there are owned by other private owners and they park their cars there. Several are for sale and there's a sales staff on duty. There was a Packard limousine from the 30's on sale...forget the price..it was really expensive.

For someone in the 10's of millions of dollars, buying a collectable car is a reasonable investment.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:28 PM
MakoJoe
Burning Brakes

It was really cool that the Curator of the place spent about 15 minutes telling us about a 1931 Caddy that was all original and sat in some ol'ladies garage since 1972 without being moved. They drained everything on the car before parking it and it was untouched for over 40 years. They brought it in put some Marvel Mystery Oil down in the cylinders of the v 12 engine then it fired right up. Original paint job was in awesome condition. Can you imagine the how it looks Oh Yea I have few pictures of it. This car is completely original except for the tires which were dry rotted then would not hold air and was in excellent condition. They just buffed the paint and chrome on it and even the suspension was the original paint on it.

Last edited by MakoJoe; 06-21-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:07 AM
tpfarm
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

great pics, thanks for sharing. I hope that's not you standing there with the gray shirt and gray socks. Ouch.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:28 AM
The Punisher
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 141 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Wow that's quite the collection

Get notified of new replies

To Great thing about Car Clubs

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Great thing about Car Clubs