Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some People

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 09:38 PM
mad pad house
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A few years ago I took my 69 to a local car show.I had not as yet worked on the paint and body but after three years of work under the car,I decided to go to the show.Few people even looked at the car,the paint was faded cracked and basicly falling off the car.Those that did stop to look and knew what they were looking at loved seeing the car.
The most fun was when two boys with dates stopped to look and made the comment"What a piece of sh##!" I asked if they had google on thier phone and to look up 1969 L-88 Corvette.Now this car is not an original L-88 but they didn't need to know at that time.
"Holy Sh##!Don't touch the car"
I explained to them that the best fun at a car show is watching people make comments about things they know nothing about and at times showing themselves as the fools they are.Be aware that we the owners are watching you for our own entertainment.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:12 AM
wheatpj
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jlsru
I go to the Milford cruise sometimes. I sure wouldn't let a couple guy's remarks at a cruise upset me. Your car looks like a beauty.
I'm there most Fridays. It's a great time for anyone who loves cars. If you see me standing around the B.O.S., say hey.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:20 AM
wheatpj
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks everyone for the positive comments.

The car photographed very well that day and is not without its faults, and I have no problem talking about them. I will often times point them out and discuss my plans to fix them, but that’s what car guys talk about. Every off season has a project, and spring, summer, and fall is for driving and tinkering. It’s a rolling restoration projection. I try to make it better, but I know it will never win any prizes. The comments I get are almost always positive, and I can handle the fault finding, but the B.O.S comment, man thems fighting words. As for the cruise-in, I will be back.

Thanks all, take care.

Last edited by wheatpj; 07-15-2014 at 12:24 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-15-2014, 08:04 AM
blunblk68
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Well i have had several very pretty young ladies flash their ta ta`s at me while driving several of my old **** boxes so i realy dont care what any GUY says!!!
Old 07-15-2014, 11:19 AM
vbgod1
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

End of the day, the pretty girl gave YOU the thumbs up. If she needs a ride, and the choice is you or his Honda Civic, I have little doubt which she will choose.
And ditto on the Corvette clubs. I went to one gathering, and thought maybe I had unknowingly chit my drawers, I was so ignored. They were all busy prancing around their toys.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:57 AM
F22
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 211 Posts

Similar experience late yesterday. Finally got Sassy off the jacks, having repaired the damage from the dislocated a-arm, while Drag Racing. Rolled her out of the shop for a test drive with the new a-arm and when I rounded the corner in the center aisle of the industrial center, there were about 25-30 people having a smoke break at the AA meeting and they all turned around to see what was coming around the corner.

There sure were some good looking gals in the bunch and one of them commented, "Nice Ride!" and I thanked her as I rolled by. Sassy is a shined-up 'patina' car, that has a whole lot of defects if you look really close, from sitting in side yards, back yards, car ports and garages. She's been in a front end wreck and the replacement clip, wasn't factory and has a lot of small little ripples throughout, but she has a stance, a sound and an appearance of a bad *** four speed 'Vette that ain't afraid to romp and stomp and a lot of people recognize her, for what she is.

Me? I'm just along for the ride!
Old 07-15-2014, 12:38 PM
MidShark
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by dtamustang
the last time I went to a cruise in some pinhead was pointing out the flaws and incorrectness to me so I listened for a few minutes and told him " lets go look at your air conditioned big block convertible so I know what its supposed to look like " that shut him up pretty quick.
WINNER!!!
That's what I was going to say to the OP- tell the guy you want to go look at his car now since it must be way nicer than yours.

BTW paul74, just make sure you use a good quality vinyl paint when you do that top!

Quick Reply: Some People