Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much for fully restored c3

Old 08-20-2014, 05:01 PM
ham_bone
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much for fully restored c3

How much would a fully restored/ frame off corvette in close to perfect condition go for?? Would auction bring more than just selling it?

And...

What would your preference of year/ color/ tranny be?
Thanks
Old 08-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Brandons72vette
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Depends on a lot. It will cost somebody more money to restore a C3 from the ground up most of the time, than if they just bought one already done. So the question about how much would a restored C3 go for goes 2 ways. 1: The cost of actually restoring it yourself, regardless of the fact if you actually did most of the work yourself (which is the cheaper route) or had it done for you, this will cost more in the long run. Time is a major factor too. 2: You buy a restored C3, all you have to do is buy it, maintain it, and drive it.

Now, the '68's-'72's will bring more money traditionally than '73-'82's. Four speed manuals are more valuable than automatics, and that factor goes for just about any classic car.

Auctions are a wild card. You have to pay to sell the car, they get a percentage of the sale, and it all depends on who all is there. With a private sale between the would be buyer and the current owner depends on things. If you get some geek off the street, not knowing anything about what they might be buying, totally oblivious to things, one might think that someone like that would pay more. If you got somebody knowledgeable about cars, and C3s in general…then one might expect a tougher sale and bit of negotiating before either a sale is made or the would be buyer walks away.

Colors are favorable to different people, so unless it is some rare color code, then IMO color does not really change a lot on the value. The actual paint condition itself does though, it costs more usually to paint a Vette than most other cars, so finding one with great paint is crucial unless one buys one with the intention of repainting.

BBC tend to be more valuable than SBC cars.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:11 PM
ham_bone
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. As this is my first post, I had no clue you'd respond so quick.
Thanks for the great info
Never knew manuals were more collectible than autos
Old 08-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Received 2,606 Likes on 1,393 Posts

If might be a lot easier if you told us what your goal is or what it is you want to accomplish.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:58 PM
F22
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 211 Posts

Review the sticky too, very, very important

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...-corvette.html

There are basically three groups of C3's, early C3's (68-72), Mid C3's (73-77) and late C3's (78-82). The early C3's can vary wildly in price, depending on engine options and condition. I've seen them go for over six figures on a regular basis, but only those very rare C3's, so you've really got to narrow it down and basically tell us, what you have planned to spend.

What you plan to spend to is important, because, we're not going to lie to you, you can buy the most perfect C3 Corvette on the planet and count on it, it will always need something. There are aspects of these cars, that make them far tougher to work on, than your average Camaro, Nova or Chevelle, like the rear suspension, the interior and the vacuum system.

Do a lot of research, before you even think of buying a C3 Corvette!
Old 08-20-2014, 07:12 PM
blk79nj
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Chrome vs Rubber Bumper
Convertible vs Coup
4 Speed vs Auto
Big Block vs Small Block

There are a lot of different combinations
Old 08-21-2014, 02:31 PM
Brandons72vette
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ham_bone
Thanks. As this is my first post, I had no clue you'd respond so quick.
Thanks for the great info
Never knew manuals were more collectible than autos
You're welcome, and I am on several other forums, and I have found that there is not a forum exactly like the CF.

I've found that most everyone on the CF is honest, willing to go that extra mile to help others (most of the time people we don't know personally) just because we all are family through the CF. Welcome to the CF, the worlds best forum!

Old 08-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Jim78SA
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As already stated, depends on the year. Steel bumpers seem to be worth more, but 73's and 74's are coming up in price due to 73's steel back bumpers and 74's last year of the big block. Big blocks will always bring more than small blocks. Manual will bring more than autos. Also, the 78's Silver Anniversary and the Pace Car editions will bring a bit more than usual. Mid and later L-82s will bring more than L-48s.

Get notified of new replies

To How much for fully restored c3

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How much for fully restored c3