Sponsored by:

eBay Corvette find should be covered up forever

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 02:50 PM
Detroit Steel
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts
Default eBay Corvette find should be covered up forever

I’ve come under fire here for some of my opinions on custom Corvettes, but I simply won't back down on my views with this one. This lime-green atrocity with its tacky black stripes and makeshift truck bed should be covered up forever. If someone wants to be buried in a Corvette, let it be this one.

Read the rest on the Corvette Forum homepage. >>
Old 10-20-2014, 03:03 PM
persuader
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Wait! Wasn't this car just recently posted on here by a new member? I think someone here has either this car or one done up like it.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:19 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by Detroit Steel

I’ve come under fire here for some of my opinions on custom Corvettes, but I simply won't back down on my views with this one. This lime-green atrocity with its tacky black stripes and makeshift truck bed should be covered up forever. If someone wants to be buried in a Corvette, let it be this one.

Read the rest on the Corvette Forum homepage. >>

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ist-jewel.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...o-orginal.html

pseudo

Detroit Steel
I am all confused you are the corvetteforum editor have less than 200 posts and are Detroit "Steel" not Detroit fiberglass, Okay, just having some fun with you,

surprised you didn't know this car has been posted a time or two and the owner is a member.

I love custom and restro mods, from mild to wild I find bone stock about as exciting as paint drying, & I respect everyones taste ( or lack there of ) however, I can be about as smooth as shark skin on 80 grit.

I reserve my bashing of customs to hack jobs,
And this poor truck bed vette IS a hack job, the poor thing was hurt not helped with the paint job and cockeyed stripes,
The right thing would be hide it while you install a new rear clip, it is after all a old vette.

Last edited by The13Bats; 10-20-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:50 PM
RedRedRed
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Not only is it ugly as sin, but after all that work, it still has one skinny little chrome side mirror.

Some kids shouldn't be allowed to play after school.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:35 PM
brick1234
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

a lot of hate towards the car I found in a barn in NC, there is a good saying keep your negativity to yourself and the pic is bad its not that bright/lime green its darker and far from perfect. Regardless of what you think, to me its a cool little corvette still even though it will never go back to original. Some people get really childish over things they don't know the facts on via some messages I received.

1.Why did you due that to that poor vette
no found it that way in NC

2. You should hid it until you put on a new rear clip
it looks fine the way it is

Would I due this to my other 2 corvettes or the 70 im thinking about purchasing while im in Florida at the end of the week of course not but at the end of the day it doesn't matter your not paying the bills or doing the work on it. Paint wise its a practice car you got to try somewhere that's how you learn unless you want to pay someone for me let me know and its still not even done. The more I hear the more I want to just keep it and finish it
Old 10-20-2014, 04:45 PM
Mewn
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

You would think that the editor of the Corvette forum would have better things to be doing then pointing out poorly done customs as if they were newsworthy. And it turns out to be a forum members as well! This forum has gone so far downhill, it's sad.

What is wrong with you Detroit Steel? Please put on the front page your superior quality work so we know how to do it right???

CUSTOMS ARE WELCOME ON CORVETTE FORUM, RIGHT?? All of them? Even ones you don't like?
Old 10-20-2014, 04:50 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Originally Posted by brick1234
a lot of hate towards the car I found in a barn in NC, there is a good saying keep your negativity to yourself and the pic is bad its not that bright/lime green its darker and far from perfect. Regardless of what you think, to me its a cool little corvette still even though it will never go back to original. Some people get really childish over things they don't know the facts on via some messages I received.

1.Why did you due that to that poor vette
no found it that way in NC

2. You should hid it until you put on a new rear clip
it looks fine the way it is

Would I due this to my other 2 corvettes or the 70 im thinking about purchasing while im in Florida at the end of the week of course not but at the end of the day it doesn't matter your not paying the bills or doing the work on it. Paint wise its a practice car you got to try somewhere that's how you learn unless you want to pay someone for me let me know and its still not even done. The more I hear the more I want to just keep it and finish it

You might get your wish in keeping it, I thought is was finished...

Actually, people here have lightened up a heck of a lot on custom bashing in the 10 plus years I have been around,
Stock isn't what is was a few years ago these cars are getting modded even if it's just modern wheels and tires,

But you say you have two other vettes, why not post them?
Old 10-20-2014, 04:54 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mewn
You would think that the editor of the Corvette forum would have better things to be doing then pointing out poorly done customs as if they were newsworthy. And it turns out to be a forum members as well! This forum has gone so far downhill, it's sad.

What is wrong with you Detroit Steel? Please put on the front page your superior quality work so we know how to do it right???

CUSTOMS ARE WELCOME ON CORVETTE FORUM, RIGHT?? All of them? Even ones you don't like?

But I also learned many years ago do not take any one or any thing serious on a net forum
Old 10-20-2014, 05:15 PM
LeMans Pete
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

When cars get put up for sale, it really is fair game for comments. I think the car was better off left blue. Brick, if this was your idea of flipping a car, I think you have done a poor job.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:20 PM
brick1234
Racer

But you say you have two other vettes, why not post them?
I have in a recent post even though the pictures are not up to date
Old 10-20-2014, 05:32 PM
brick1234
Racer

When cars get put up for sale, it really is fair game for comments. I think the car was better off left blue. Brick, if this was your idea of flipping a car, I think you have done a poor job.
The car was more of an impulse buy you can say, I have been looking for an 1980-82 for a few months with no luck with everything either rotted or too far away and then found this thing. If I bought it to sell I wouldn't of changed it to the color to what I like/wanted
Old 10-20-2014, 05:56 PM
The boss
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

I am absolutly positive that in some country, you would crucify for less
Old 10-20-2014, 05:57 PM
Brack c
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Here's my .02 ...
To each their own .Do I like a good clean , stock vette ? Sure if its kept immaculate . Do I LOVE a custom or modified vette ? HECK yes I do . Would I bash someone in public over what they're building ? Nope , but face to face to a friend I would . Just because it's not my cup of tea doesn'tmake it wrong .
Hell I've been called out on my 82 , its a rubber bumper car . It's only a 200HP car . It's got that crossfire . It's white ..... Now I'm being blasted because of all the carbon fiber Hydrographics I did to it . BUT , it's mine & I'm doing to it what I want to . I can't wait to hear things when I put the hood on it that I want to .
...like I said to each their own
Old 10-20-2014, 06:46 PM
persuader
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Brack c
Here's my .02 ...
To each their own .Do I like a good clean , stock vette ? Sure if its kept immaculate . Do I LOVE a custom or modified vette ? HECK yes I do . Would I bash someone in public over what they're building ? Nope , but face to face to a friend I would . Just because it's not my cup of tea doesn'tmake it wrong .
Hell I've been called out on my 82 , its a rubber bumper car . It's only a 200HP car . It's got that crossfire . It's white ..... Now I'm being blasted because of all the carbon fiber Hydrographics I did to it . BUT , it's mine & I'm doing to it what I want to . I can't wait to hear things when I put the hood on it that I want to .
...like I said to each their own

Werd!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:25 PM
RedRedRed
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Yeah, that's good etiquette in most social situations, but this is a forum, and as such, is a place people express their opinions. It's not a place where we need to lie to people so we don't hurt their feelings.

Yeah, it's your car, you have the right to do what you want to it.
But just the same, I have the right to my opinion, and to express it on a forum.

If you want to go outside the box and do something edgy and unusual, then you should be prepared to hear negative as well as positive comments on your choices. If you like what you've done, then others' comments shouldn't matter to you. If you're going to be different, you need to be thick-skinned.

I haven't seen anti-custom bias on this forum. Good customs have been widely praised, bad ones are criticized.

Bottom line: if you like it, that's all that matters; don't expect everyone to agree with you; and don't let it bother you if they don't.

Last edited by RedRedRed; 10-20-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:30 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Originally Posted by RedRedRed
"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Yeah, that's good etiquette in most social situations, but this is a forum, and as such, is a place people express their opinions. It's not a place where we need to lie to people so we don't hurt their feelings.

Yeah, it's your car, you have the right to do what you want to it.
But just the same, I have the right to my opinion, and to express it on a forum.

If you want to go outside the box and do something edgy and unusual, then you should be prepared to hear negative as well as positive comments on your choices. If you like what you've done, then others' comments shouldn't matter to you. If you're going to be different, you need to be thick-skinned.

I haven't seen anti-custom bias on this forum. Good customs have been widely praised, bad ones are criticized.

Bottom line: if you like it, that's all that matters; don't expect everyone to agree with you; and don't let it bother you if they don't.

You said that so darn well I could almost puke...

I find it a hard fence to walk and I do fall off,
For as long as I have been on the net and on forums I hear that mind set over and over that people will and do say what they please and all that shut up if you can't be nice is out the door,

But I also find this post a little different and is why I have put in my unvarnished 2.3 centavos,
But it does seem this fellow and his truckster vette have taken a pretty hard beating here.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:35 PM
76CSRvette
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

actually when he was keeping it I don't recall to many bad things being said mostly potential that they saw in it. After it popped up again for sale then everyone got a chance to go HAM on it. That's just me but I could just be living in black and white world.

Get notified of new replies

To eBay Corvette find should be covered up forever

Old 10-20-2014, 08:50 PM
WannaC3
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lotsa butthurt over this one. Let the guy do what he wants to his car. If you don't like it, tough titty.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:22 PM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,641 Posts

The only person that has to like is the one that owns it..............unless of course he goes to sell it........then a 2nd person has to like it.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:14 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 546 Likes on 374 Posts

To me, it's extremely rare to see a customized C3 that looks nice. I guess I'm kinda fussy. I'm not too excited by the Motion Performance body modifications either.

I did see a custom made C2 body fitted onto a C5. That looked really great. From a distance, it looked like a 62. Only close up, you could see it was wider than a real 62 and the interior had a C5 pedigree. Really well done. All the bumpers and all looked like a C2. This was a custom car that I really liked.

I may well be looking at a customized hood for my 70 project...with a BB engine it doesn't take much of engine modifications to run out of room under the BB hood...even with the L88 hood. An acquaintance needed some extra hood room to clear his slightly elevated carb which produced some good dyno results for his 1962 BB Coupe. However, his custom elevated hood looks...to me...to be ugly. My hope is to modify a L88 hood in such a way that most people won't know the difference..hope I'm not forced into the ugly appearance.

My highly modified 68 SB Convertible, looks externally stock except for the 69 factory sidepipe exhaust system and the 17 inch rally look alike wheels. From about 15 feet away, the wheels looked stock to my Corvette body shop manager!!! . The interior is completely stock except for the 69 seat head rests and shoulder belt retainer clips on the seat backs. Very few people would know it's not 68 stock. Mechanically it's highly modified.

Last edited by 68/70Vette; 10-20-2014 at 10:17 PM.

Quick Reply: eBay Corvette find should be covered up forever