Originally Posted by js1977
Replaced the old worn out shifter boot.
Looks good!
Old 12-22-2017, 10:20 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Received 250 Likes on 173 Posts

I'm also in my console.

The heater cable had pulled out of the retainer clamp and so the sheathing was moving and not letting the cable actually move the heater door. I glued the sheathing, pushed it into the clamp, and then tied the clamp upstream with some tie wraps and back to the control housing, so the sheathing won't pull loose. It is a bit Bubba, but it is under where no one will see it ever until after I'm dead.

And the new cables don't look like the originals. They are simply metal clamps over the cable.

The heat has been making the console plate a bit hot, so I am insulating the tunnel. I didn't when I put the carpet in, since I ran out of the roll. I didn't want to buy an entire roll for a few feet of area, but have decided I need to.

I also ran into this. There are four cut wires and they are not capped off, but bare. There are two red (?)(could be orange), a white (yellow?), and a blue wires. I can't find them on the wiring diagram in my assembly manual.

Anyone have any idea what they go to? This is a 1968 big block with C60 air, so I wonder if the harness had something that wasn't needed but I don't see the instructions saying to cut these off.

Old 12-22-2017, 11:06 PM
Stev-o
Drifting

Received 394 Likes on 270 Posts

Took delivery! [actually yesterday]

Old 12-22-2017, 11:33 PM
See 3
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice!!!
Old 12-23-2017, 02:56 AM
OldCarBum
Race Director

Received 4,694 Likes on 2,936 Posts

Nice addition, welcome to the forum. Picture looks like the Ventura Keys in California.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:03 AM
c3_dk
Safety Car

Received 381 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by Stev-o
Took delivery! [actually yesterday]

NICE car, welcome to the forum
Old 12-24-2017, 12:10 PM
Douglas Brown
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks good
After contemplating the adjustments of the door windows and careful consideration from forum members I was able to get it close enough to say good, install door panel, pat myself on the back.

Then I find the window is not done with me.

Start over, the window hit the body edge. I must be getting closer, I keep getting further along.

Last edited by Douglas Brown; 12-24-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:19 PM
Raphiki
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I hate trying to adjust the windows. I've been working on mine off and on for 11 years and they're still not right.
Old 12-24-2017, 01:06 PM
Douglas Brown
Pro

Originally Posted by Raphiki
I hate trying to adjust the windows. I've been working on mine off and on for 11 years and they're still not right.
I hope it does not go like that.
Old 12-24-2017, 01:25 PM
OldCarBum
Race Director

Originally Posted by Douglas Brown
I hope it does not go like that.
There are some things that just don't work out when we try to do them. At that time and after a few try's I'll drive it down and have a pro do the adjustments.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:57 PM
Raphiki
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I think I may bite the bullet and do that this year.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:23 PM
js1977
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Procrastination Racing
I'm also in my console.

The heater cable had pulled out of the retainer clamp and so the sheathing was moving and not letting the cable actually move the heater door. I glued the sheathing, pushed it into the clamp, and then tied the clamp upstream with some tie wraps and back to the control housing, so the sheathing won't pull loose. It is a bit Bubba, but it is under where no one will see it ever until after I'm dead.

And the new cables don't look like the originals. They are simply metal clamps over the cable.

The heat has been making the console plate a bit hot, so I am insulating the tunnel. I didn't when I put the carpet in, since I ran out of the roll. I didn't want to buy an entire roll for a few feet of area, but have decided I need to.

I also ran into this. There are four cut wires and they are not capped off, but bare. There are two red (?)(could be orange), a white (yellow?), and a blue wires. I can't find them on the wiring diagram in my assembly manual.

Anyone have any idea what they go to? This is a 1968 big block with C60 air, so I wonder if the harness had something that wasn't needed but I don't see the instructions saying to cut these off.
Wow! You're going all in! Good luck! Wish I had the info you need for those wires, but I'm just learning about the C3 now.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:43 PM
js1977
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So when I picked up my stingray from the transporter, the truck driver thought it was a good idea to undue the radio antenna from the base (allowing it to fall down into the body) so he could load it on the top rack of his inclosed trailer. For whatever reason, he didn't just remove the antenna itself (which would of been so much easier to remove and reinstall).

ANYWAYS! It ended up being a blessing in disguise. When I got up under to try and reinstall it, I noticed that the underside base plate was trashed and had be rigged up to work. It was making it impossible to reinstall. So I ordered a new base plate, ground connector and antenna since the original was bent a little at the top and missing the ball at the end.

While installing all the new stuff I noticed that the original antenna fit better then the new one. So I decided to customize the antenna by shorting it and applying the ball from the new one on to the old one.

Radio still has great reception (heck it did pretty good even without the antenna connected).
I'm happy with how it turned out, looks original, works, but isn't a mile high.

Last edited by js1977; 12-24-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:49 PM
wendellp601
Safety Car

Received 188 Likes on 149 Posts

Santa stopped by to take a couple of photos with my red Corvette.

The following users liked this post:
js1977 (12-24-2017)
Old 12-26-2017, 01:14 PM
Douglas Brown
Pro

Originally Posted by OldCarBum
There are some things that just don't work out when we try to do them. At that time and after a few try's I'll drive it down and have a pro do the adjustments.

Wouldn't that be nice. What I have found so far is it is the after market window trim on the front post. The bottom of the window is adjusted all the way in to move the top of it out to slid in the slot. BUT when you look at the alignment you can see where the metal frame of the channel is pinch in not allowing the window to slide in the channel but ride out side of it. causing the window glass to not slid up the last 3". if I close the door with window up it seats just fine. And I am not so sure about the word PRO....
Old 12-26-2017, 04:30 PM
OldCarBum
Race Director

Wouldn't that be nice. And I am not so sure about the word PRO....
Pro as in body shop, a good one who adjusts frame-less windows on a daily basis. I know I've been in several friends cars that will tell you " you'll have to crack the door open to get the window up all the way"

Get notified of new replies

To What did you do to your C3 today?

Old 12-26-2017, 04:52 PM
Douglas Brown
Pro

Pro as in body shop, a good one who adjusts frame-less windows on a daily basis. I know I've been in several friends cars that will tell you " you'll have to crack the door open to get the window up all the way"
NO..I understood "Pro" I live out side of Carson City NV. A body shop of that caliber ?????? pickings are slim.....I had to go to Gardnerville, NV. to find a shop that Knew the car and what I was talking about with the A/C...When I needed to get the wheel alignment done finding a shop with the old equipment took awhile and it still drifts to the left. I've had pro's work on cars only to redo it because they took short cuts that cost me more to fix. I found a guy who said he could adjust the windows at $200 per window. While talking to him and accepting his business card he told me he was an ex-con from the NV system, That's where I worked 22.5 yr's. He tossed names of inmates around like I and he were buddies. A check of his card reveled NO Buss. Lic #, the Association he was to belong to as a master tech. did not list him as a member. PRO's ???? it's the area I live in.
thanks for the input.....
DB
Old 12-26-2017, 05:36 PM
OldCarBum
Race Director

NO..I understood "Pro" I live out side of Carson City NV. A body shop of that caliber ?????? pickings are slim.....I had to go to Gardnerville, NV. to find a shop that Knew the car and what I was talking about with the A/C...When I needed to get the wheel alignment done finding a shop with the old equipment took awhile and it still drifts to the left. I've had pro's work on cars only to redo it because they took short cuts that cost me more to fix. I found a guy who said he could adjust the windows at $200 per window. While talking to him and accepting his business card he told me he was an ex-con from the NV system, That's where I worked 22.5 yr's. He tossed names of inmates around like I and he were buddies. A check of his card reveled NO Buss. Lic #, the Association he was to belong to as a master tech. did not list him as a member. PRO's ???? it's the area I live in.
thanks for the input.....
DB
Totally understand. I've lived in those areas as well. Sometimes it's hard to tell if they have more teeth or more brain cells.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:29 PM
Stev-o
Drifting

Received 394 Likes on 270 Posts

Nice addition, welcome to the forum. Picture looks like the Ventura Keys in California.

Good eye, the car came from CA but is now in Texas....

Question for the experts: What color would the side "eggcrate" be painted the body color and have chrome on the raised area? I've seen conflicting info on this. Thanks

Quick Reply: What did you do to your C3 today?