Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want To Laugh? Open This Post

Old 05-09-2015, 12:09 AM
LT1M21Vette
Pro

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Cattiva73
Life is short...enjoy it as you like or shut up!
yolo
Old 05-09-2015, 02:16 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

ODD, every time I take out my '72 highly customized vert, all I get is waves, shouts, compliments, and inquiries as they ask 'what YEAR is that?' I just laugh and say 'what year do you like?' it's got parts on it from 65 through '94 so take your pick.....'It was born in '72'......

Old 05-09-2015, 03:02 PM
Ibanez540r
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by my 76 ray
Geez, I wonder what people think when they see me and my girlfriend in my C7. I'm 68 and she's 40. Just for the record, she didn't know I had a Vette when I asked her out and she still accepted. She hasn't been in either of the C3's but I might take the '76 tonight.
You got one!? What color? I'll keep an eye out so I can pull you over and confiscate it!
Old 05-09-2015, 11:55 PM
Lobzila
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

I just tell them that my wife got a boob job and dyed her hair blonde to go with the car. When they ask if thats also true, I do my best Steve Martin from My Blue Heaven and go "What do you think!" and start laughing. Just always liked the car and wanted one.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:08 AM
rcread
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

I feel cheated. Who would laugh at that?
Old 05-11-2015, 03:48 PM
my 76 ray
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ibanez540r
You got one!? What color? I'll keep an eye out so I can pull you over and confiscate it!
Ha, I don't think you can catch me. LOL.

It's torch red with black mirrors, wheels, spoiler, racing stripes and interior. Stop over and see it some time.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:10 PM
brent319
Drifting

Received 253 Likes on 139 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C3 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

I didn't get my vette until I was 50. It is a "mid life celebration" for me.
We had a mini van and we hauled the twins around in it. It was not a 'vette, but that was a really great time in my life.
Now they are older. My wife suggested we get a "cool car". I thought "oh, yea. we don't have to be practical anymore" What is more impractical than a 'Vette?
So we have a car that we both love. I love to tinker on it. I have made a bunch of new friends because of it. We can take it out for ice cream in a town 30 miles away if we feel like it. We will be on power tour with it in a few weeks. I enjoy taking it to car shows and generally get really good reactions when people see it.
I pulled up to a light last season, and there was a young black guy in the passenger seat in the car right beside me. He leaned over and said, "Man. I want to be you when I grow up". We both had a good laugh.
I know people like to throw that MLC phrase around, but it does not seem like a crisis to me at all.
Old 05-13-2015, 01:54 PM
revneck
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Name:  101_2332.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  1.27 MBI love you guys!! Reading these made me laugh out loud a few times. My 9 year old son told my X wife "Daddy said he is buying an old-fashioned Corvette" Her reply was "No he's not unless he wants to pay more child support" My reply was "sorry, your getting all your getting based on the framework of the law"

Today there is a C3 in my driveway, and more importantly a life-long dream has been achieved. It 's not the best Vette out there but it's far from the worst. When I get the brakes finished and get it registered Ill crank it up and pull out of my driveway with some vintage Detriot iron for the first time since 1990! Yeah baby!
Old 05-13-2015, 05:02 PM
cb.bums
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oldgto
To me, the Vette is just another car. A SPECIAL one, to be sure, but I don`t think it makes me special because I have one. Like Bats, my wife was the "driving force" that found, and convinced me to buy, our 71 coupe.
I agree that jealousy is a big part of it. It brings to mind the line from an old Bob Seger song..

"You hit the street, you feel `em staring.....
You know they hate you, you can feel their eyes a glaring....
Because you`re different, because you`re free.....
Because you`re everything deep down they wish they could be!"

I usually ignore the haters, and smile as I silently walk away, thinking they should see my garage....

Wow! I have 63 chevy p/u, a 64 1/2 mustang, 2 75 c3's. we're lovin the same things
Old 05-13-2015, 05:14 PM
oldgto
Safety Car

Received 991 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by cb.bums
Wow! I have 63 chevy p/u, a 64 1/2 mustang, 2 75 c3's. we're lovin the same things
What`s not to love? My youngest has done most of the work so far on the 65 truck, AND he helps a LOT with the Vette. The `Stang is "mom`s" car, and I`m the "poncho nut-turned Corvette enthusiast"... with a little help from my wife.
We`re thinking the Vette & Stang will go with us when we retire to the cabin, and the boys can play with the truck & pontiacs until we`re done with the others!
Been in Cinci long? Remember "Jerri`s Palace", or something like that in Blue Ash?
Old 05-13-2015, 05:27 PM
cb.bums
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oldgto
To me, the Vette is just another car. A SPECIAL one, to be sure, but I don`t think it makes me special because I have one. Like Bats, my wife was the "driving force" that found, and convinced me to buy, our 71 coupe.
I agree that jealousy is a big part of it. It brings to mind the line from an old Bob Seger song..

"You hit the street, you feel `em staring.....
You know they hate you, you can feel their eyes a glaring....
Because you`re different, because you`re free.....
Because you`re everything deep down they wish they could be!"

I usually ignore the haters, and smile as I silently walk away, thinking they should see my garage....

no. mostly west side and Clifton.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:23 PM
jjahn
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd like to comment from a females point of view. I've been married 24 years to my husband and he's collected vehicles (mostly WW-II vehicles as he's a military vehicle buff). Anyhow, I never minded his vehicle collection and everything was just "OK" as far as vehicles went in my opinion UNTIL we did a project together doing a frame-off restoration on a 76 Jeep CJ5. I can say that I now have a great respect towards our vehicle collection now since I can now play in the sandbox too with my Jeep. I had originally planned to sell my Jeep and buy a C1 Corvette but somewhere along the way, I got attached to my Jeep and still have it. The whole process made me realize that I'm truly a gear head but never knew it until then. Needless to say, I did purchase that C1 a little over 2 years ago and am doing a frame off restoration on it as we speak...and the best part is I've done the majority of the work on it (which I've loved every minute of). And we recently purchased a C3 that we'll be working in tandem with my c1 project. I would always get comments from my girlfriends things like "How can you stand your husband having all those vehicles?". My response was and still is, "Well he doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs and the only other women I have to compete with are in the garage which really doesn't bother me.". After I respond to their comment I usually hear silence and the subject is changed. ...Some women just don't get it. Jill.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:04 PM
revneck
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jjahn
I'd like to comment from a females point of view. I've been married 24 years to my husband and he's collected vehicles (mostly WW-II vehicles as he's a military vehicle buff). Anyhow, I never minded his vehicle collection and everything was just "OK" as far as vehicles went in my opinion UNTIL we did a project together doing a frame-off restoration on a 76 Jeep CJ5. I can say that I now have a great respect towards our vehicle collection now since I can now play in the sandbox too with my Jeep. I had originally planned to sell my Jeep and buy a C1 Corvette but somewhere along the way, I got attached to my Jeep and still have it. The whole process made me realize that I'm truly a gear head but never knew it until then. Needless to say, I did purchase that C1 a little over 2 years ago and am doing a frame off restoration on it as we speak...and the best part is I've done the majority of the work on it (which I've loved every minute of). And we recently purchased a C3 that we'll be working in tandem with my c1 project. I would always get comments from my girlfriends things like "How can you stand your husband having all those vehicles?". My response was and still is, "Well he doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs and the only other women I have to compete with are in the garage which really doesn't bother me.". After I respond to their comment I usually hear silence and the subject is changed. ...Some women just don't get it. Jill.
Good stuff Jill!
Old 05-17-2015, 11:11 PM
NJStingray
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kolczk
I got mine a year ago when I was 27 and getting comments like this already!
I'm 26 and just purchased mine a week ago, I'm starting to get a few "Quarter life crisis?" Nope...just love cars!
Old 05-18-2015, 05:18 AM
Danish Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

Nope, it's not until you start the restoration that you loose your hair (and family).
Old 05-20-2015, 05:04 AM
indianriverbound
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Multiple vettes and multiple wives? Instead of being classified as "having a mid life crisis" you would think one would be classified as being a "repeat offender".
Old 05-20-2015, 11:13 PM
Annacotsteel
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1965markaccount
My Mother-in-Law accused me of having a "Mid-Life" crisis when I bought my C-5 new in 2001. I told her I had a choice, buy a car or cheat on her daughter. She never mentioned it again.
Did you trademark this or I can use it again? It's really a good one.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:56 PM
jim-81
Drifting

Received 280 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by jjahn
I'd like to comment from a females point of view. ....... My response was and still is, "Well he doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs and the only other women I have to compete with are in the garage which really doesn't bother me.". After I respond to their comment I usually hear silence and the subject is changed. ...Some women just don't get it. Jill.
Awesome Jill. Sort of the same for me except I smoke and drink...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Want To Laugh? Open This Post