Sponsored by:

Vacuum Line Routing 79 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 02:21 PM
jokerman2k
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Vacuum Line Routing 79 Vette

So I've finished putting most of the things back on my 350. I replaced the heads with 906 Vortec. These heads came with an aluminium intake. Now does anyone have what is actually needed with all these vacuum lines? I live in a state that doesn't require emissions testing on vehicles older the (10)yrs so I want to eliminate as many of these vacuum lines but still keep things working (i.e. headlines, heater controls, etc). Does anyone have what is actually needed for vacuum lines and what can go?

I guess a pic of someone's engine who has cut down the number that is really required. Putting them all back on just clutters up the look of the engine.

Thanks,
Jokerman2k
Attached Images   
Old 11-09-2015, 03:36 PM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

I like the cool topper!
Old 11-09-2015, 06:18 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Fist off...and I know you did not ask...but if you are planning on using PCV and the factory air cleaner with the fresh air tubing...the valve covers are not installed correctly.

AND...hopefully these valve covers have the baffles in them so the PCV does not suck in oil.

Not knowing about your exhaust system and what you are planning there...it is hard to tell you what you need to due about the heat riser control...which is controlled by a TVS ( temperature vacuum switch) that is installed in a place in the intake for coolant to control it. SO...that is an unknown.

NO EGR..so no vacuum to it.

Vacuum to the distributor advance will come off the carb...so no big deal there.

PCV...will come off the front of the carb.

If you are still employing the charcoal canister for your fuel tank vapor....then it will come off the PCV and get a supply of vacuum off the carb also.

The special fitting in the base of the rear area of the carb is for your power brake booster ..A MUST!!!

The fitting in your intake BEHIND your carb is for your headlight system and it will feed the interior HVAC controls.

DUB
Old 11-10-2015, 03:51 PM
jokerman2k
Instructor

Originally Posted by DUB
Fist off...and I know you did not ask...but if you are planning on using PCV and the factory air cleaner with the fresh air tubing...the valve covers are not installed correctly.

AND...hopefully these valve covers have the baffles in them so the PCV does not suck in oil.

Not knowing about your exhaust system and what you are planning there...it is hard to tell you what you need to due about the heat riser control...which is controlled by a TVS ( temperature vacuum switch) that is installed in a place in the intake for coolant to control it. SO...that is an unknown.

NO EGR..so no vacuum to it.

Vacuum to the distributor advance will come off the carb...so no big deal there.

PCV...will come off the front of the carb.

If you are still employing the charcoal canister for your fuel tank vapor....then it will come off the PCV and get a supply of vacuum off the carb also.

The special fitting in the base of the rear area of the carb is for your power brake booster ..A MUST!!!

The fitting in your intake BEHIND your carb is for your headlight system and it will feed the interior HVAC controls.

DUB
The valve covers aren't on permanently, just snug. I still need to primer the oil pump over the winter so they are loose so I can check to see oil is coming up the push rods and everything is getting oiled.

I will be running long headers with no heat riser.

Picture would be great if anyone has one.

Thanks,
Old 11-10-2015, 03:54 PM
jokerman2k
Instructor

Originally Posted by hunt4cleanair
I like the cool topper!
The Cool Wipe cover over the carb as severed me well over the years to keep crap out and also helps when I wash down the engine. Pretty Hillbilly but I think anyone that works on engines and has oil under their nails all have a little.

Get notified of new replies

To Vacuum Line Routing 79 Vette

Quick Reply: Vacuum Line Routing 79 Vette