C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Corvettes

Old 11-20-2015, 03:20 PM
F22
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 211 Posts

Even with the incorrect paint, it still looks like a really nice '78 that has a good looking (even if it's not stock) paint. The interior and engine compartment look really clean and it looks like a well-loved, nicely taken care of Corvette. With the later C3's, because of their high production numbers and low level of collectability, the paint is not a deal-breaker (at least to me) if you can get it for a good price.

One thing for sure, there wouldn't be another C3 like it, on the road and most people wouldn't know, it wasn't a factory paint job (it sure fooled me!). If you do get it and the paint is in good shape, I'd say leave it alone, because nice paint jobs on these cars are really expensive. Good luck and tell us how it goes!

Old 11-20-2015, 03:30 PM
Indian-giver
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F22
Even with the incorrect paint, it still looks like a really nice '78 that has a good looking (even if it's not stock) paint. The interior and engine compartment look really clean and it looks like a well-loved, nicely taken care of Corvette. With the later C3's, because of their high production numbers and low level of collectability, the paint is not a deal-breaker (at least to me) if you can get it for a good price.

One thing for sure, there wouldn't be another C3 like it, on the road and most people wouldn't know, it wasn't a factory paint job (it sure fooled me!). If you do get it and the paint is in good shape, I'd say leave it alone, because nice paint jobs on these cars are really expensive. Good luck and tell us how it goes!

Thanks for the comments. I plan on inspecting it next week. If all is good I'm trading my Harley Davidson for it. I’m ready to move on from the bikes. I do plan on returning the interior to correct. I will likely paint it as I paint race cars on the side.

Last edited by Indian-giver; 11-20-2015 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:53 AM
Indian-giver
Intermediate

Originally Posted by F22

Update: I pulled the trigger and have a 78 C3. Fixed a few small issues but all systems are verified in working order. Put about 10 miles on it so far. Now we just have to wait for spring time.
Attached Images   
Old 12-14-2015, 10:00 AM
F22
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 211 Posts

Congratulations! Great looking Corvette (as I've mentioned earlier) and nice Shop and Toys too!
Old 12-14-2015, 10:22 AM
Indian-giver
Intermediate

Originally Posted by F22
Congratulations! Great looking Corvette (as I've mentioned earlier) and nice Shop and Toys too!
Thanks. You can NEVER have to many toys.
The following users liked this post:
F22 (12-14-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 12:09 AM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,153 Likes on 2,726 Posts

Originally Posted by F22

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New to Corvettes