Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some sad pictures

Old 01-05-2016, 10:11 AM
softwarejanitor
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jr73
What! Then why aren't Chevy trucks snapping in half?
After doing some reading it appears that the reason is the Toyota problem is a combination of two factors... a design flaw in their frame which causes it to accumulate moisture more than other designs like the typical Chevy frame and a failure to use the right materials and surface coatings on the Toyota frames. Even if both Chevy and Toyota use the same contractor to build frames it doesn't mean they specify the same design, materials, coatings or other specs. Those contractors are supposed to build to spec. Apparently in the case of the Tacoma frames the specs were bad and the contractor even was short on that.

Another question for the previous poster would be... why aren't Tundras snapping in half? The problem is just with the Tacoma, that reinforces the design flaw being the bigger part of the problem.

I've had several Chevy trucks both Silverado and S10 and even when I lived in the north I never had rust issues that compromised frame integrity.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:24 AM
centuryoldracer
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by jr73
That is beyond sad. Imagine what it would take to make that car right again
I saw pictures of it after it was on its wheels again, and the windshield pillar, and roof were bent in addition to the entire right side being caved in.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:05 PM
BLUE1972
Race Director

Received 1,121 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by forvicjr
The same people make chevy and Toy frames. Chevy and Toyota have numerous ties in parts. In example electrical frame and suspension along with the technology associated with said parts. Honda hybrid stuff is toyota tech. Tesla also used limited amounts of Toyota hybrid tech.

Due to the fires the Tesla should not rust as the heat should dry out the frame..

only kidding...
Old 01-05-2016, 10:57 PM
jr73
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by centuryoldracer
I saw pictures of it after it was on its wheels again, and the windshield pillar, and roof were bent in addition to the entire right side being caved in.
Just trying to get the door to shut decent again and get a windshield to fit let alone getting the window to roll up right. Probably has some damage in the diff from the axle ramming into it.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:29 AM
AAJC
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lurch59
Sadly, I attended my nephews funeral a few weeks ago who died because the truck he was working on fell off some bottle jacks and crushed him. Please don't take chances, or be in a hurry.

My Sincerest Condolences. What a tragedy.

Thanks for the timely reminder to be careful.

Andy
Old 01-06-2016, 05:30 AM
usmilret
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The toyota truck undoubtedly has to be a play on pictures. Those frames are stout. However they did have an issue with frame rust. Weird to say the least.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:38 AM
454Luvr
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by lurch59
Sadly, I attended my nephews funeral a few weeks ago who died because the truck he was working on fell off some bottle jacks and crushed him. Please don't take chances, or be in a hurry.
I'm very sorry to hear that. It could have been me about 30 years ago. I was working under my '63 with one jackstand. Just as I was crawling out, I heard a creak and the car fell down. The rear drum missed me by inches. Also had a friend in Dallas who died many years ago pulling a motor with a come-along on a tree limb. He was under the motor when the limb broke. It's very sad to see young people go like this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Some sad pictures