C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So what do you guys think this will sell for at BJ????

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 12:30 AM
BBCorv70
Melting Slicks

Received 107 Likes on 90 Posts

I assume the buyer was looking for a driver, willing to pay big $ for this non original. Fortunate timing, right buyer present when it went up for bidding?
Old 01-30-2016, 07:36 AM
BarryB72
Drifting

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts

Here's where I believe the money is- in this order

1. Must have chrome
2. Must have horsepower
3. Either completely original or completely drive the s--t out of it..able
4. Must appear like it could have come from the factory that way 45 years ago or came from a supercar factory yesterday.

Do people buy the new corvettes because they are factory original?

If gm started making cars like this for $80000 do you think they could sell a few?

I understand the affinity for a car where no one but Ernie on the assembly line has touched your TCS solenoid but there's a lot of people with money that look at our cars, like how they look, and mistakenly? think they're supposed to be driven and want something that can beat that oft mentioned Honda Civic - which my car can not.

That's why my car and a lot of our cars will never be worth more than this car. We all have the freedom to do what this seller did and make it desirable to a new generation but unfortunately we're not allowed. That's why we hang out at fairgrounds.

Half joking, half serious, half jealous what the person who bought this can do to the rear tires.
Old 01-30-2016, 08:24 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by FLYNAVY30
...the ludicrous 12% "buyers fee" ...
You pay to play at Barrett-Jackson.
Old 01-30-2016, 08:37 AM
oldgto
Safety Car

Received 991 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by BarryB72
there's a lot of people with money that look at our cars, like how they look, and mistakenly? think they're supposed to be driven and want something that can beat that oft mentioned Honda Civic - which my car can not.

That's why my car and a lot of our cars will never be worth more than this car.

I.... and I`m sure I`m not alone.... had my fun racing around and banging gears when I was much younger. Now, I`m more into just cruising & sight-seeing. So I`m VERY happy with just a 270 horse, automatic, decent mileage driver. So all the big buck performance stuff would be wasted on my car, because it wouldn`t be used.
I still LOVE & admire other people`s cars, and those with all the performance & custom mods, but it`s just not what I`d be looking for to put in my garage.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:29 AM
Faster Rat
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by briankeery
They're all bringing more than original cars so far today.......so much for the NCRS pricing experts.
Most of the really nice original cars are still waiting their turn. How about the grey LT-1 that sold for more than this cobbled together car? In all likelihood it has seen it's best day. Next time around it will probably go for less, especially after having the crap beat out of it.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:49 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Why would you assume that whomever buys a rest-mod is going to beat the crap out of it????? I know a lot of people, including myself, that have the means to drop that kind of cake on a toy..... in fact my 36' Hunter sail boat was slightly north of that. Certainly don't have knowledge of anyone I know driving their toys like a rental car. They DO however use them.....wonder how often that green ZR1 that just sold for $175,000 is going to see the road over the next year??????
Old 01-30-2016, 10:11 PM
Faster Rat
Melting Slicks

Wonder how often that green ZR1 that just sold for $175,000 is going to see the road over the next year??????
I would think never. In ten years the owner will probably sell it for $350,000 and laugh all the way to the bank.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:19 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

In ten years the owner will be deceased five years.....like many guys buying 'numbers' cars.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:43 AM
Faster Rat
Melting Slicks

In ten years the owner will be deceased five years.....like many guys buying 'numbers' cars.
I admire car collectors and certainly neither envy them nor relish in the thought of their passing and no longer able to enjoy only staring at and polishing their prized possessions. Don't worry Brian, the owner's heirs will gladly accept wads of money from the next caretaker...likely another rich old dude.

Quick Reply: So what do you guys think this will sell for at BJ????