Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 01:01 PM
Tom69
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 249 Likes on 110 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist
Default Turn Signals Went Inop Yesterday

I just finished reading Dub's response to William's 1/16 post. I have a TT column with an automatic trans. Front and rear turn signals went inop. I have backup lights and all four side marker lights operating. Replaced flasher unit and fuse (old fuse was okay, not blown). Have a rebuilt TT column installed with all new wiring.

Also, respective left or right tail light extinguishes when turn signal lever is out of neutral and brake pedal is depressed.

Appreciate your troubleshooting input.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 01-18-2016, 05:49 PM
Tom69
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 249 Likes on 110 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Tom69
I just finished reading Dub's response to William's 1/16 post. I have a TT column with an automatic trans. Front and rear turn signals went inop. I have backup lights and all four side marker lights operating. Replaced flasher unit and fuse (old fuse was okay, not blown). Have a rebuilt TT column installed with all new wiring.

Also, respective left or right tail light extinguishes when turn signal lever is out of neutral and brake pedal is depressed.

Appreciate your troubleshooting input.

Thanks,
Tom

Problem solved...just need to LEARN to look at the AIM more closely. I inserted the new directional signal flasher into the socket located at the fuse box instead of the socket located behind the glove box.

Someone please contact Corvette Custody Authorities and have this vehicle removed from my possession!

Tom

Last edited by Tom69; 01-18-2016 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:30 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom69

Problem solved...just need to LEARN to look at the AIM more closely. I inserted the new directional signal flasher into the socket located at the fuse box instead of the socket located behind the glove box.

Someone please contact Corvette Custody Authorities and have this vehicle removed from my possession!

Tom
....YEAH.....UHHH..... .IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!! Another 'student' has been added to the student body.

WELCOME to the 'school of hard knocks'. The BEST thing about the education you get from this 'school' is to stop and take time to think. ASSUME NOTHING!!!

And I can 'say'...that actually sitting down when you are in trouble and looking at a wiring diagram...and at least begin to try to understand the circuity.....is also looking at the AIM and familiarizing yourself with it.

This way....if you at least try to figure it out and still can not get it...you at least tried and those here on the forum can possibly help you fill in the blanks so you can understand what is going on....which further advances you in 'school of hard knocks'.

NO NEED to take the car from you when that would keep you from all the FUN you can have fixing it.

I APPLAUD you getting it working..and that knowledge is something that you will NOT forget...I guarantee that.

DUB

Last edited by DUB; 01-19-2016 at 07:35 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Turn Signals Went Inop Yesterday

Quick Reply: Turn Signals Went Inop Yesterday