Sponsored by:

Help with buzzer bypass

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 11:22 AM
cicconjo
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Help with buzzer bypass

In an effort to remove my ignition/door buzzer/horn relay today for repair on my 69, a few of the wires have broken and become detached and I'm not sure how the insert into the buzzer mechanism so I won't know how to hook up.

At this point I'd like to simply reconnect the wires and if possible leave the buzzer out of the loop without losing the horn. Anyone know how I should hook the wires up? Even better how each of the wires should insert.

There's 4 wires that I think connect in some way to the two screw terminals, possibly black on 1 and the other 3 to the other? Then there are 3 plugs on the bottom, one green that connects via a white pin and a black and a red that connect via black pins.

Last edited by cicconjo; 05-15-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:48 PM
D_Williams
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I believe the wiring should be the same as my 70.

All of the wires that screw into the side just need to be attached, they all should have 12V whenever the battery is connected.

The three wires on the bottom come from the horn button, key buzzer and go to the horns.

If your wiring harness is the same as mine, the green wire goes to the horn, the black wire goes to the horn button, and the red wire goes to the key buzzer. Just hook up the black and green wires as shown in the picture and it should work. (I'm sorry I don't have better pictures)

Edit: Here's a picture I found that should help:

Last edited by D_Williams; 05-15-2016 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:44 PM
cicconjo
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys. Another CF miracle! Once I lubed the internal ringer mechanism and got new connectors on the buzzer is alive again! God awful note, but I guess that is how it is supposed to sound. Horn still works, which is always a plus.

Getting that bolt tightened down was a good time. They could have put that relay in about a hundred more convenient places.

Thanks for the wiring help.

Joe
Old 05-15-2016, 04:14 PM
D_Williams
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Glad you got it to work!

Get notified of new replies

To Help with buzzer bypass

Quick Reply: Help with buzzer bypass