Sponsored by:

Corvette Insurance

Old 05-18-2016, 11:01 AM
rmgny44
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

State Farm on my '72.
$292.00 a year in Nevada. $250.00 deductible
No limit on mileage, where or when I drive it and a pre-agreed replacement value of $28K
I do have my two daily drivers and homeowners with State Farm so that contributes to the discount.
The following users liked this post:
newtodu (05-21-2016)
Old 05-18-2016, 12:41 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,659 Likes on 1,399 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Eye Roll

Originally Posted by Iceaxe
*** insert eye roll here***

I had a claim on Hagerty. They were great. Best of all they never even bothered to ask what I was doing, why I was driving, where I was going, or if I had a gallon of milk in the back. If fact the only thing they asked was if I was happy with the service I received.
You can "eye roll" all you want, and pretend that fine print and legal documents make no difference until you get bit by it. I certainly HOPE that any of these insurance companies will always pay up, but my question is why imply there are restrictions if you don't make it available to use when its in their interest. And remember, the only reason you are making a claim is you had the accident....its done, and now you want the money. If they pull out that restriction that is WRITTEN into the policy, its too late for you. I don't like being in that position, cause I don't make enough money to throw all that I have invested away.

For any of you that want to roll the dice with your money, good for you. I think this whole thing is B.S.
newtodu (05-18-2016)
Old 05-18-2016, 12:43 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Default Agreed

Originally Posted by croaker
I really think until you get a bunch of people taking advantage of classic insurance the market will be fine. Most people with classic cars treat them better than people. Most go out of the way to keep them protected. I hope I'm right
I agree, so the insurance policies need written without restriction............bait. Please respond.

Last edited by Torqued Off; 05-18-2016 at 12:48 PM.
newtodu (05-18-2016)
Old 05-18-2016, 05:46 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

No insurance policy can be judged by the payment,.....all that really matters is what happens when you have a claim. Saying an insurance company is great, when you never have had a claim, is worthless.
croaker (05-18-2016)
Old 05-18-2016, 06:31 PM
red topless gator
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by iwasmenowhesgone
No insurance policy can be judged by the payment,.....all that really matters is what happens when you have a claim. Saying an insurance company is great, when you never have had a claim, is worthless.
I agree 100%, that's why I try to steer folks away from the State Farms out there. They sometimes say " Well I had a claim and they paid it right away' That's like going to downtown St. Louis at night and they say "well I go down all the time and never been shot, raped or robbed". JUST A MATTER OF TIME.,
Torqued Off (05-18-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 08:43 AM
rmgny44
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by red topless gator
I agree 100%, that's why I try to steer folks away from the State Farms out there. They sometimes say " Well I had a claim and they paid it right away' That's like going to downtown St. Louis at night and they say "well I go down all the time and never been shot, raped or robbed". JUST A MATTER OF TIME.,
Fortunately I've never had to submit a claim for my Vette but I used State Farm's 24 hour claim service for a daily driver fender bender. The car went to a body shop of my choosing, got fixed and the bill was paid. Nothing exceptional but no hassel either. Just what I'd expect from my insurance company. And best of all no rate increase at renewal time !
That being said, all insurance companies are in it to make money. You'll have good experiences and bad! They're all the same!

Last edited by rmgny44; 05-19-2016 at 08:53 AM.
newtodu (05-19-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 12:03 PM
golfboy
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Insurance

I have had State Farm insurance for over 40 years and have had several claims made on different vehicles in this time frame. Never have had a problem with them stepping up and taking care of business in a timely fashion. No accidents were chargeable to me but there were circumstances in a few claims where another persons insurance did not cover all the damage but State Farm picked up the excess charges. No problem. I have only owned muscle cars and sports cars, including 8 Corvettes over the years and presently have a 1978 Indy Pace Car. My rates have never gone up due to the claims that I have made. As far as I am concerned, State Farm is the best insurance company out there. I have checked with the other so called collector car insurance companies and I do not like the restrictions that are placed on you to get their coverage. I will stay with State Farm. JMO.
newtodu (05-19-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 02:26 PM
TaiChiGuy
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are these policies ( Hagarty, NCM, etc) just cover the replacement/compensation for the Vette? Are these policies no fault? Covers partial repairs or just replacement? Does one carry separate liability/comprehension (theft), etc.?
newtodu (05-19-2016)
Old 05-26-2016, 10:28 PM
skytop
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I passed on Hagerty due to their much more expensive coverage.

Last edited by skytop; 05-26-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:10 PM
ENCSDOUG
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

USAA, classic car insurance, insured for 40K, policy will pay 40K for total loss.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:16 PM
Mike6811
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by iwasmenowhesgone
You can "eye roll" all you want, and pretend that fine print and legal documents make no difference until you get bit by it. I certainly HOPE that any of these insurance companies will always pay up, but my question is why imply there are restrictions if you don't make it available to use when its in their interest. And remember, the only reason you are making a claim is you had the accident....its done, and now you want the money. If they pull out that restriction that is WRITTEN into the policy, its too late for you. I don't like being in that position, cause I don't make enough money to throw all that I have invested away.

For any of you that want to roll the dice with your money, good for you. I think this whole thing is B.S.

I've found that none of these companies that insure classic cars will let you use your Corvette as a "daily driver", which is exactly what I do, so they're not used by me. The worst case is one you don't even want to think about...you're being sued for an accident in a store parking lot for extreme medical bills and your company decides it was while on an errand, and refuses to pay.

________________________________________ _______
"Back to the wall goes Berra, it is...over the fence, homerun, the Pirates win!!"
Old 05-27-2016, 08:05 PM
Nataku
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my VW Scirocco insured with Hagerty for the past 5 years. Got quotes from both Hagerty and NCM for the Corvette. Ended up going with NCM as the rate was a lot better. Hagerty has been great too, no complaints there. Just ended up going with the cheaper of the two.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:15 PM
gguillot
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

I recently insured with Hagerty. I called most of the other vendors listed here, some just had a damn answering machine, some responded a couple of days later, etc. I spoke to two people at Hagerty, they were both very courteous and professional. The rates were very competitive.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:17 AM
mildot
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just insured with Hagerty last week. The lady I dealt with was very helpful and professional in setting up my coverage. I was going to go with State Farm, I have my home, and 3 daily drivers with them, but they would not agree to the value of the car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette Insurance