Sponsored by:

Ebay 3 core aluminum radiators- reviews

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Lyndwood
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by rcread
How is it that a 450 hp engine is in your budget but a good radiator is not?

If I kept the whimpy stock engine and just re cammed it and did nothing else I would have just used the old radiator,hell I wouldn't have even pulled it out of the car. but since I found cylinder wall damage when I R&R'd the heads ,then decided to go all performance (screw the numbers matching BS) I knew I'd have to follow suit with a beefer trans/converter & know it would put a load on cooling the trans oil etc, so it snow balled from there. I just reminded my self I need to get a "cheap" trans cooler" LOL
Old 08-05-2016, 12:25 AM
rcread
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by The13Bats
rcread
I do not understand nit picking someone without also offering help
It was actually a sincere question. It sounded like there was a story there somewhere and there was. Aren't you glad I asked now?
Old 08-05-2016, 01:05 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

It was actually a sincere question. It sounded like there was a story there somewhere and there was. Aren't you glad I asked now?
Well, um ah yeah, it all good, I had thought and said the same thing myself to him, guessed you missed it...but really in all due respects I do not care if a cat wants to or has to play it cheap and I do not care what they build, I will just try to help...but I do admit being way more draw to the builds where a bottomless wallet and ego over the rainbow isn't part of it....
Old 08-05-2016, 01:22 AM
rcread
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by The13Bats
I do admit being way more draw to the builds where a bottomless wallet and ego over the rainbow isn't part of it....
You would love the '85 Celica I'm building for the 24 Hours of LeMons later this month.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:30 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

You would love the '85 Celica I'm building for the 24 Hours of LeMons later this month.
I likely would, I do love a lot of the 70-80's imports I really loved an early 80's 200sx and before I bought this fiero I wanted a CRX.

Some of those LeMons guys really get wild trimming those cars out....

Last edited by The13Bats; 08-05-2016 at 01:30 AM.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:00 PM
Lyndwood
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 64 Posts

Bottomless wallet builds....

those type of builds for me ended 18 years ago when we decided to have kids and move from a nice couple sized house to a larger house with a large mortgage.

Seriously, I do appreciate all the input and I guess I should have stated more of a back ground story on my project before asking the question so guys would understand my position on on the matter.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:37 PM
oldgto
Safety Car

Received 991 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by Lyndwood
Bottomless wallet builds....

those type of builds for me ended 18 years ago when we decided to have kids and move from a nice couple sized house to a larger house with a large mortgage.

Seriously, I do appreciate all the input and I guess I should have stated more of a back ground story on my project before asking the question so guys would understand my position on on the matter.
The really neat part about this is..... you`re NOT ALONE!! We had SIX boys, and they all have worked on one or another of the cars, and they love them as much as we do. We bought a big older house over 30 years ago, and "grew" a family into it. So I....(and I`m not the only one)... know very well about what you`re talking about, AND "building on a budget"!

Quick Reply: Ebay 3 core aluminum radiators- reviews