Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1977 Side Reveal Molding

Old 10-15-2016, 07:37 AM
bmotojoe
Safety Car

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,009 Posts

Default 1977 Side Reveal Molding

What is the best method for removing this molding? I'm replacing the lower windshield filler weatherstrip. My original weatherstrip was installed just like the assembly manual describes, tuck tail under molding. The weatherstrip was folded together at the tail and under molding, well this leaves a gap. I want to remove the molding, dry fit, cut back just enough of what slips under the windshield so tail is secured under molding. This will leave a much smaller gap if any.
Thanks,
Brian

Old 10-15-2016, 09:46 AM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi b,
In order to reach the screws that attach the ss reveal molding to the a-pillar the a-pillar weatherstrip and it's retainer must be removed.
Regards,
Alan

Isn't there enough 'shape' in the reveal molding to be able to 'work' the tail end of the seal in place?

Here's the a-pillar retainer coming off.

Old 10-16-2016, 12:06 AM
bmotojoe
Safety Car

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,009 Posts

Thank you Alan!
The new weaterstrip is really stiff, not hard just stiff. I let one soak in very hot water for a few minutes tonight. It became very flexible so I will give it a try tomorrow. Also, I was looking in the assembly manual in the same section and it talked about taking items out of there carton or package and allowing them ample time on the heated table before installing.
Brian

Get notified of new replies

To 1977 Side Reveal Molding

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1977 Side Reveal Molding