Sponsored by:

Right turn signal

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 03:24 PM
haybail
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right turn signal

I have a 1975 Corvette I ordered this car. The right turn signal would not work, the right real bulb was out I replaced it, the right turn signal still would not work, left side is ok. All light work and they bright.
I has the original turn signal flasher in it, so I went to auto zone and got a new flasher, now it works fine. Any time before I would just replace the bulb. Just trying to figure out what is going on.
haybail
Old 10-22-2016, 07:43 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

It really doesn't make sense because the flasher needs a draw to work and it can't disseminate left to right.. So if the flasher worked for left signal it should work for right if the bulb is good.

What makes the lamps flash left to right is the turn signal switch and power comes into it on two different wires. One wire is from the stop lamp switch the other is from the flasher. When you hit the turn signal lever to turn the power to that lamp (the one you are turning on) switched from the stop lamp switch to the flasher power wire as show below.

Willcox

Old 10-23-2016, 08:26 AM
haybail
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flasher 1975 corvette

Thanks for getting back with me.
Originally Posted by Willcox Corvette
It really doesn't make sense because the flasher needs a draw to work and it can't disseminate left to right.. So if the flasher worked for left signal it should work for right if the bulb is good.

What makes the lamps flash left to right is the turn signal switch and power comes into it on two different wires. One wire is from the stop lamp switch the other is from the flasher. When you hit the turn signal lever to turn the power to that lamp (the one you are turning on) switched from the stop lamp switch to the flasher power wire as show below.

Willcox Thanks for getting back with me. The original flasher had a capacitor on top of the flasher the new one did not. The flasher was on the right side under the dash.
I turned on the 4 way then turned on all the lights, the right rear light is not as bright as the left one. So what I have done so far I removed the ground wire and had a long copper strap that goes straight up had to see looks like it goes to a small metal box.
I cleaned the frame where the screws goes in, cleaned the copper strip and ring connector at the end of the ground wire and the screw. Tried the lights again still the same the right side is brighter than the left. I did check the socket on the right side before I put in the new bulb.
That tell me I'm not getting a good ground some place. Any suggestion where to look for more ground wires to the frame.
Thanks again haybail

Get notified of new replies

To Right turn signal

Quick Reply: Right turn signal