Sponsored by:

78 Pace car radio antenna

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 07:27 PM
stockmkmm
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 78 Pace car radio antenna

My original antenna broke. It was the cord that goes up and down that broke. I did replace and rebuild it myself and that does not seem to be working. Can anybody recommend somebody that rebuilds these correctly? I did buy a replacement from ecklers and it just looks horrible - nothing like the original so really not interested on putting it on the car.
Thanks
Stockmkmm
Old 10-22-2016, 05:44 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by stockmkmm
My original antenna broke. It was the cord that goes up and down that broke. I did replace and rebuild it myself and that does not seem to be working. Can anybody recommend somebody that rebuilds these correctly? I did buy a replacement from ecklers and it just looks horrible - nothing like the original so really not interested on putting it on the car.
Yeah...I understand completely having seen those. I have picked up a few from eBay (original 78 styles). Hate to throw his name under the bus here but my go to guy is Kaps, a forum member who does not restore them, business wise, but has shared his knowledge with many forum members.

Do a search and you may find his posts offer enough insight to take on the project yourself. I'm sure his post will pop up on your thread.

Last edited by hunt4cleanair; 10-22-2016 at 05:45 AM.

Quick Reply: 78 Pace car radio antenna