Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How/When did you first drive a C3 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 08:50 AM
Cooter Tech
Le Mans Master

Received 221 Likes on 154 Posts

When I first saw one, I was 17 working at Standard Auto in Dearborn, MI. They were just being released. The purchaser was already buying parts to modify it. I went up to the passenger window staring in awe (lust) at the beautiful interior and car. I did this for several minutes, not even seeing the Babe in the passenger seat! I think she was upset that I was not looking at her. That was her expression anyways, more likely thinking what a creep! The Chevrolet dealer I think was H R Marsh and Sons, now known as Les Stanford Chevrolet. It was a long time after that before I was able to sit in one and many years before I got one!
Old 01-18-2019, 09:26 AM
Fast81
Melting Slicks

Received 250 Likes on 160 Posts

Sadly my first Corvette driven was a C4 that my college room mates's father owned. Ironically, when my buddy got his appointment to USAFA, his dad spent his college fund on a new 94 C4. BUT, i consider my first C3 drive was a fellow grad school buddy that bought an 80 and let me cruise it with him one afternoon.........................bought my basketcase 81 6 months later (when i had all this newfound free time after finishing grad school)!

Last edited by Fast81; 01-18-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Quick Reply: How/When did you first drive a C3 Corvette