C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Crossmember Bushings ? USA made or Overseas???

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 05:46 PM
Jhiltonn
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Rear Crossmember Bushings ? USA made or Overseas???

Hi, Does anyone know if the 2 large Rubber&Steel Donut Bushings that go on the Rear Differential Crossmember are being made in the USA in additional to overseas? and if so are they well made??

I need to replace mine and short of finding 2 NOS GM# 9750078 bushings (anyone have 2?? PLMK), I'd prefer to install two USA made bushings instead of putting overseas China bushings in. I've looked on ebay and one of the Sellers there BigCityCorvettes in California state in their advertisement that the ones they sell are made in the USA !!! I'm trying to confirm that with them but until then.... does anyone have any info??

Since you have to remove the differential in order to replace these 2 bushings, I'd rather not take any chances putting in overseas reproductions just in case they fall apart in a few years!! Thanks!

Last edited by Jhiltonn; 03-21-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:55 PM
loup68
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 427 Likes on 322 Posts

I do not think that you have to remove the differential to remove the rear crossmember. I even think that I read that the extra weight will help to peel the rubber off of the frame. Lower the crossmember on one side at a time. Lou.

Last edited by loup68; 03-21-2017 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:18 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Jhiltonn
Hi, Does anyone know if the 2 large Rubber&Steel Donut Bushings that go on the Rear Differential Crossmember are being made in the USA in additional to overseas? and if so are they well made??

I need to replace mine and short of finding 2 NOS GM# 9750078 bushings (anyone have 2?? PLMK), I'd prefer to install two USA made bushings instead of putting overseas China bushings in. I've looked on ebay and one of the Sellers there BigCityCorvettes in California state in their advertisement that the ones they sell are made in the USA !!! I'm trying to confirm that with them but until then.... does anyone have any info??

Since you have to remove the differential in order to replace these 2 bushings, I'd rather not take any chances putting in overseas reproductions just in case they fall apart in a few years!! Thanks!
Actually you drop the rear end and the crossmember all at one time. Sometimes it's hard to get the rubber cushions to release from the sombrero hat bracket off the frame, but you use the weight of the rear end to help pop it loose.

To my knowledge there is two different companies bringing in the cushions and while they come in loose with no packaging I can't confirm if they are imported but knowing who the suppliers of this part are and the other products they import I'd have to say that both are imported. What I do know is that there is a generic version of this cushion and one that is a perfect replacement.

I will add this, we installed a set of these a few months back and did not have any issues with them or the installation.

IMHO,

-Willcox

Last edited by Willcox Corvette; 03-22-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Rear Crossmember Bushings ? USA made or Overseas???

Quick Reply: Rear Crossmember Bushings ? USA made or Overseas???