Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to determine one cars value

Old 04-09-2017, 11:29 AM
USAFVeteran
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by MikesRed68
Meaning what? A fair price higher or lower to you?

I have sold big tool boxes, cars, etc. and I always try very hard to be very honest. With the exception of the above story about my old Dodge truck, that was a special story in it's self.

I sold a Snap-On tool box, Harley-Davidson anniversary edition. A fellow from Phoenix (120 miles) called me and asked a bunch of questions. He decided he wanted to come look at it after I described it and the price. When he got here, he said that I had lied about the condition. I said the box was a 6 outta 10, maybe a 7 if you cleaned and polished it up real good. He claimed it was an 8 as is, and a 9 cleaned and polished.

So, I try very hard to use my head to judge my equipment, not my heart. I think I'm pretty fair, hahaha except with that damned old Dodge, that really was a special case
Old 04-09-2017, 12:49 PM
MikesRed68
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by USAFVeteran
I have sold big tool boxes, cars, etc. and I always try very hard to be very honest. With the exception of the above story about my old Dodge truck, that was a special story in it's self.

I sold a Snap-On tool box, Harley-Davidson anniversary edition. A fellow from Phoenix (120 miles) called me and asked a bunch of questions. He decided he wanted to come look at it after I described it and the price. When he got here, he said that I had lied about the condition. I said the box was a 6 outta 10, maybe a 7 if you cleaned and polished it up real good. He claimed it was an 8 as is, and a 9 cleaned and polished.

So, I try very hard to use my head to judge my equipment, not my heart. I think I'm pretty fair, hahaha except with that damned old Dodge, that really was a special case
Understood...But we are talking about C3 Corvettes and not a Snap on tool box..Or even a HD...
Old 04-10-2017, 01:05 PM
USAFVeteran
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by MikesRed68
Understood...But we are talking about C3 Corvettes and not a Snap on tool box..Or even a HD...
Honesty and integrity know no bounds. I rest my case your honor

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to determine one cars value