Sponsored by:

Seat belt repair

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 11:00 AM
golfboy
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Seat belt repair

I have a 78 Pace Car. Recently, the driver's side seat belt has stopped retracting properly and leaving too much of the belt loose. I'm also concerned that it will not grab as it is supposed to if I make a quick stop. Is there an easy fix for this or will I have to start looking for a new seat belt and assembly? Any advise would be appreciated.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:01 PM
Z06LMB
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by golfboy
I have a 78 Pace Car. Recently, the driver's side seat belt has stopped retracting properly and leaving too much of the belt loose. I'm also concerned that it will not grab as it is supposed to if I make a quick stop. Is there an easy fix for this or will I have to start looking for a new seat belt and assembly? Any advise would be appreciated.
Yes, the fix is easy. The sprocket with teeth inside the retractor is likely just loose, broken or worn, in any case it's fixable. There are many places listed on line that you can send it to and they will return it within 24 to 72 hrs for between $65 to $80. But our Corvette retractors are old school simple and easy to adjust or repair. There are many YouTube videos and internet bulletins that show you what to do for yourself.

Last edited by Z06LMB; 04-14-2017 at 12:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
golfboy (04-14-2017)

Quick Reply: Seat belt repair