Sponsored by:

Why my wife wonders why I hate the rain

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 05:43 AM
scrappy76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by C3 4ME
Had to google Hamilton, never heard of it, but now I know where it is. You should move to central VA, cheaper, and less stress. Yes it's raining this morning, but I've had plenty of Vette time this spring. Supposed to be beautiful tomorrow, hope the same for you in NOVA.
Yeah, its a small town. I do love it here, quiet and it wont get any bigger, and no traffic. It will be nice today, but it's Mothers day so wrenching. Plus now I have yard work to catch up on before I can touch my toys, so we will see.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:51 AM
scrappy76
Drifting

Originally Posted by c1nicole
solution: convince the wife to work on the car with you. Maybe she will feel "invested" in the car and you can spend quality time together.

Then again, sometimes working on the car is an escape from the spouse, not that I am speaking for myself... wink wink.

I do not know about you or anyone else, but when me and my wife met, she thought my hobby of old cars and wrenching was cool and she would love to get into wrenching, Then we got Married and she never touched a wrench. . No loss though, I love wrenching by myself. I also cannot get the fact I have three boys ranging from 10 to 24, and none of them have any interest either.

Anyways, see you in Arizona one day, God willing.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:35 PM
L-46man
Melting Slicks

Received 1,218 Likes on 844 Posts
Default Casa Grande!!!!!????

Originally Posted by scrappy76
I know the seasons, just tired of them after 30 years of them. I love being outside, tired of 7 months out of the year not getting to do that.

Trust me, the wife is a hottie, but no pics, she would kill me.

Cant build a bigger garage, do not have the money and every time I have had the money, life changes gave me different choices how to spend it. ( also reason why the 76 is not done).

I was in the desert in the army for 3 years, heat does not bother me at all, and I would rather be sweating then freezing wet and cold.

On top of it all, I can get a house in Casa Grande area with a large garage for half the cost of what I am paying in northern virginia for a house and no garage.
Scrappy, I hear you and truly do love AZ....But CASA GRANDE???? (most famously known as the 'fan belt capital of the world'.

NOBODY want's to live in CG.....

There are HUNDREDS of towns in AZ that put CG in the shade...er um, you know what I mean.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:54 PM
scrappy76
Drifting

Originally Posted by L-46man
Scrappy, I hear you and truly do love AZ....But CASA GRANDE???? (most famously known as the 'fan belt capital of the world'.

NOBODY want's to live in CG.....

There are HUNDREDS of towns in AZ that put CG in the shade...er um, you know what I mean.
Works for me.

We will put it this way, I am not a people person. I have one friend and him and get together every couple weeks during football season and then after the superbowl, we rarely talk or get together, and I am fine with that. My wife gets together with her friends and always wants me to hang out with their husbands, and I prefer not to. Even the ones who are into cars, I prefer not, cause they are check writers, they buy their rides, they dont build them so the conversation is usually pretty week. This is just the way I am and I hope to offend nobody. Soo, if nobody lives in CG, That's fine, more room for me.

Sorry, had to add to this post, some of you guys might laugh. The newest husband my wife wanted me to hang out with, is a father to a kid who plays on my son's basketball team. We were driving from one school to another and we say the father pass us driving a very nice 69 classic car ( not saying what ). My wife turns to me and said wow nice, and I said yep. She says you should talk with him about it, will give you guys something to talk about. So for ***** and giggles, I asked him about it and I knew more about the kind of car than he did. He tells me how he just bought it that way, and all he has done has put wheels on it. Then he says to me " I just put it in the shop to have a stereo installed ". That was the end of that conversation. Told the wife, I tried. lol.

Last edited by scrappy76; 05-16-2017 at 02:06 PM. Reason: add
The following 2 users liked this post by scrappy76:
MISTERZ06 (05-25-2017), Tjf2000 (05-26-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 06:41 PM
chiefttp
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

The desert depresses me, I'm a beach guy...different strokes
Old 05-25-2017, 07:01 AM
scrappy76
Drifting

4 straight days of on/off rain. Serenity now !!!!!!
Old 05-25-2017, 08:36 AM
FINWOLF
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 106 Posts

same here cant get anything done. but Saturday should be ok for a ride I hope.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:11 PM
L-46man
Melting Slicks

Received 1,218 Likes on 844 Posts
Default 'Winter' in AZ

We all have our crosses to bear!

So realistically, PHX is now in the 100's every day...108° yest. A hot adiabatic wind blows every afternoon at 25-30 mph. Hot, dry, static-y.

This is our winter....Tools Down....car's inside. Head down, hat on!

I'll pick up the tools in Oct!

Send rain!
Old 05-25-2017, 01:21 PM
c1nicole
Le Mans Master

Received 247 Likes on 117 Posts

We drove to Flagstaff then Sedona last year, were blown away with the differences in just a few miles! Both beautiful in their own rights!

Oklahoma is great, just dodge the tornadoes, ice storms, flash floods, earthquakes and 100+ summer days. Can't wait to retire and leave Oklahoma, the taxes and people are nice, but it ends there.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:05 PM
Cooter Tech
Le Mans Master

Received 221 Likes on 154 Posts

solution: convince the wife to work on the car with you. Maybe she will feel "invested" in the car and you can spend quality time together.

Then again, sometimes working on the car is an escape from the spouse, not that I am speaking for myself... wink wink.
Yea right, give me a Phillips screw driver, what's a Phillips? I used to date a Phillip, he became a physician and someone else works on his cars. I could go on, but hopefully you understand.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:32 PM
c1nicole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Cooter Tech
Yea right, give me a Phillips screw driver, what's a Phillips? I used to date a Phillip, he became a physician and someone else works on his cars. I could go on, but hopefully you understand.
I will diverge.... I totally get it. First and foremost, let me say, I am a woman, second I don't get women! Men are from Mars.... where the he!! are women from??? IF there is a crappy driver, the first sexist words out of my mouth are, "probably a woman!". Since I was a kid my dad taught me to change my oil/a tire, do basic car (and home) maintenance. etc. I was his "tool girl". Taught me to ride a dirt bike and street motorcycle, and how to do a respectable burn out. Most importantly, he never wanted me to have to depend on a man for something.

All that being said, I have many prissy girlfriends that seriously don't know how to pump their own gas, and god forbid they got a flat tire in the middle of BFE. I appreciate that we are all different and plenty of men out there are 100% OK with their women being dependent on them, for whatever reason (hits chest like a gorilla).

I feel exceptionally blessed that my hubby and I turn wrenches, power tools and run chainsaws together. We have knocked out some amazing projects over the years. He of course doesn't fuss when I shower off all the muck, grime and nastiness and get in my pretties.

SO thankful that my dad didn't raise me to think that just because I was a girl, I wouldn't be able to do (almost) anything a man could do. Sans standing up to whiz. I appreciate he empowered me to believe in myself enough to try things many chicks would never. Miss him like CRAZY, (he's been gone a year this past January) but without the skills he shared with me... I'd be even more lost without him.

OK, off soap box. :o)
Old 05-25-2017, 03:44 PM
Cooter Tech
Le Mans Master

Received 221 Likes on 154 Posts

I will diverge.... I totally get it. First and foremost, let me say, I am a woman, second I don't get women! Men are from Mars.... where the he!! are women from??? IF there is a crappy driver, the first sexist words out of my mouth are, "probably a woman!". Since I was a kid my dad taught me to change my oil/a tire, do basic car (and home) maintenance. etc. I was his "tool girl". Taught me to ride a dirt bike and street motorcycle, and how to do a respectable burn out. Most importantly, he never wanted me to have to depend on a man for something.

All that being said, I have many prissy girlfriends that seriously don't know how to pump their own gas, and god forbid they got a flat tire in the middle of BFE. I appreciate that we are all different and plenty of men out there are 100% OK with their women being dependent on them, for whatever reason (hits chest like a gorilla).

I feel exceptionally blessed that my hubby and I turn wrenches, power tools and run chainsaws together. We have knocked out some amazing projects over the years. He of course doesn't fuss when I shower off all the muck, grime and nastiness and get in my pretties.

SO thankful that my dad didn't raise me to think that just because I was a girl, I wouldn't be able to do (almost) anything a man could do. Sans standing up to whiz. I appreciate he empowered me to believe in myself enough to try things many chicks would never. Miss him like CRAZY, (he's been gone a year this past January) but without the skills he shared with me... I'd be even more lost without him.

OK, off soap box. :o)
Sorry! Did not mean to offend! Many people do not want to get dirty, scratch their hands and fingers. Your are blessed by a Father that taught you to work on cars. True satisfaction in doing it yourself.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:55 PM
c1nicole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Cooter Tech
Sorry! Did not mean to offend! Many people do not want to get dirty, scratch their hands and fingers. Your are blessed by a Father that taught you to work on cars. True satisfaction in doing it yourself.
Absolutely no offense taken... agreeing with your observation that some don't know Phillip from Flat Head.
The following users liked this post:
Tjf2000 (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 08:12 PM
Bikespace
Le Mans Master

Received 3,148 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Well, today was one of those days when I don't mind being in NOVA. A bit of rain in the morning, but sun and very low humidity in the afternoon. Got a bike ride in, and had time to work on both C3s outside. Did I mention my wife helps me work on them, since one is her daily driver in good weather? We got her armrest back in, and the front wheels aligned with correct toe and a forward pointed steering wheel, and I finished stripping the moldy carpet out of mine.

Bring your wife, or one of your kids, to Katie's Cars and Coffee Saturday morning in Great Falls. It's an easy drive down 7 from Hamilton. http://katiescarsandcoffee.com/

Probably rain-free tomorrow morning.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:22 AM
FINWOLF
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 106 Posts

well we got one day no rain and I'm on my way out for a ride and then back to move mulch 3 yards of it.

Quick Reply: Why my wife wonders why I hate the rain